Packers tried to get Koren Robinson

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
FYI....I just found this article on NFL.COM...might shed some light on the fact T.T doesnt go after players...But like I have been saying, just becuase it is not reported, does not mean he isn't trying...

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9098421

With Randy Moss in Oakland, Koren Robinson has provided the Vikings with the jolt of offense they had been missing. But the Vikings nearly lost the player that has scored touchdowns catching, running and returning during Minnesota's six-game winning streak.

The Vikings have been rewarded for the chance they took on Koren Robinson.
A day before the Vikings' season-opening game, Minnesota cut Robinson because it did not want to have to guarantee his $540,000 base salary for this season.

For the brief time he was unemployed, Robinson found a suitor in the Green Bay Packers, who lost Pro Bowl wide receiver Javon Walker to a season-ending knee injury in their opening game. With Walker sidelined, the Packers pushed hard for Robinson, offering considerably more than the Vikings were willing to pay.

Robinson debated the Packers' offer but, in the end, decided to stick with the team that gave him a chance to return to the NFL. Robinson re-signed with Minnesota, and if he hadn't, the Vikings would not be making the playoff push they are today.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As if this season wasn't already depressing enough.... It's not so much that the Packers didn't get him, it's that the Vikings did, and he's played lights-out for them.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
Scary proposition that GB cannot atract talent in FA even when will to give more money

He was being loyal to a team he felt gave him a 2nd chance. IIRC he had alcohol problems and that led to his demise in Seattle. Minnesota picked him up in the offseason and was the team that gave him a 2nd chance at football. For that he is greatful. I watched a little interview with him on tv about this.

Money does not make everyone's world go 'round. ;)

GBnative

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another guy like TO - he may be of some benefit in the short term, but more trouble than he's worth in the long run. That's why Seattle finally dumped him after giving him a second, third and fourth chance. I am glad the Packers didn't get him, eved if he is hepling the queens.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That note also says that Sherman will be back as GB HC, well it will be hard to keep Sherman even at the risk to lose Bates if he gets an offer to HC anywhere else.... I wouldn´t want to be on TT´s shoes on this issue !!..
Anyway if it was my call I will offer Bates the HC position right away,,, maybe he will settle for an option that IF Shermy fails miserably again. like if he losses the 3 of the first 5 games, he will become HC right away... who know´s !!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[quote="vikefan]You need to give good boat parties.[/quote]

hahaha...apparently they not only lure in FAs but also drastically improve w:l records

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
JbShell said:
Scary proposition that GB cannot atract talent in FA even when will to give more money

He was being loyal to a team he felt gave him a 2nd chance. IIRC he had alcohol problems and that led to his demise in Seattle. Minnesota picked him up in the offseason and was the team that gave him a 2nd chance at football. For that he is greatful. I watched a little interview with him on tv about this.

Money does not make everyone's world go 'round. ;)

I wonder if it was pointed out that had the Vikings still had Moss he more than likely would not have gotten a call from the Queens just as when the Packers had Walker.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GBnative said:
Another guy like TO - he may be of some benefit in the short term, but more trouble than he's worth in the long run. That's why Seattle finally dumped him after giving him a second, third and fourth chance. I am glad the Packers didn't get him, eved if he is hepling the queens.

You could be right but on the other hand he might have gotten a wake up call by being cut and will mature now. Gotta remember these young players are just big talented kids. TO is old enough to know better. He's a full fledged bona fide jerk.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As everybody knows, Coren Robinson was with Seahawks and so was Packer's General manager Ted Thompson where he was assistant to Mike Holmgren. Robinson had many problems over there. I don't know how excited Ted Thompson was to have Coren Robinson on the Green Bay Packer Roster. He seems to have finally matured over in Mn. We will see if it continues over his career at Mn. I disagree Mbshell assessment that it is scary that Green Bay can't attract FA talent.. Green Bay problems were one of Salary Cap this year..The Packers were not in the market for high priced talented FAs. Ted Thompson has taken care of that and Salary cap should not be a problem. As for the NFL.com report ,was it accurate concerning Coren Robinson and Green Bay interest? Has the Green Bay Packers validated it?

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PWT, if they wern't interested they should have been. See - my hindsight is 20/20. :rotflmao: :beer:

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packertraxx I know that, and you are in company of everyone on Packer forums. I too have 20/20 or as I like call it, Monday morning Quarterbacking. The whole city of Green Bay does that on Monday morning or Tuesday morning if it happens to be a MNF game, for that matter 365 days a year. That is how much the Green Bay Packers are in very fabric of this the smallest city in major leagues and have been for 86 years. As a T Shirt states "A drinking City with a football problem".

Latest posts