PACKERS TRADE FOR RECIEVER!!!

Reaction score
Porky I agree with you that I think it is more to send a message to C-Rod.

IMO if he beats Rodgers (I don't thing TT is expecting this), then he gets C-Rod's spot. Martin is the #5 WR, IMO, and the #6 WR will just be a return/ST player.

I'm actually more curious now about the pick Will Blackmon, I thought he would have healed by now and pushed Rodgers. Since he hasn't, I think TT got someone else to try and do the job.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point, Porky, was that Jennings is still a rookie, and things can change for him during the regular season.

I wouldn't put too much stock in his preseason performance, although it is hopeful.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Porky I agree with you that I think it is more to send a message to C-Rod.

IMO if he beats Rodgers (I don't thing TT is expecting this), then he gets C-Rod's spot. Martin is the #5 WR, IMO, and the #6 WR will just be a return/ST player.

I'm actually more curious now about the pick Will Blackmon, I thought he would have healed by now and pushed Rodgers. Since he hasn't, I think TT got someone else to try and do the job.

Blackmon has a broken foot. He'll probably be put on the PUP list too start the year and won't get back out there until Week 6.

Reaction score
Ah thanks.

When you put it that way, I think he goes on IR. He has potential, and I don't think they risk cutting him loose. Just can't see them giving a roster spot to him when he hasn't shown anything and is going to be overwhelmed by the NFL speed since he has no reps in Tc or pre-season.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brewster is a "look see" guy. It didn't cost them anything to pick him up and they're going to see what the kids has got. If he can catch on as a returner and mabye be a five or a six receiver he might have a chance. That's all this is.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse...I think you're giving this guy too much credit...I doubt he's going to amount to anything...as others have said, i think this is more just a sign to Gardner/Fergy/Boreigter to get their butts in gear. At most it's competition for KRs

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand Gardner. He had the golden opportunity to step up and take over the #2 or #3 spot. He's a no show for the voluntaries which makes no sense at all and hasn't done anything since camp started.

It's not like the guy didn't know he was running out of chances and seemed to pick it up when we first got him last year.

Doesn't have the talent to make up for the lack of desire.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk...or maybe he was just overrated coming out of clemson (?). Maybe just another tony mandarich or ron dayne...just not pro material...lets hope he proves me wrong.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ted has to make some trades that are bad.

If everything he touched was gold, who the heck would want to trade with him anymore? If Ted says something positive about a player they won't give him up if he always came out on top.

:)

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said,

If everything he touched was gold, who the heck would want to trade with him anymore? If Ted says something positive about a player they won't give him up if he always came out on top.

So Zero,

Are you saying that TT is such a genius that he is purposefully making bad trades to fool the puny, inferior GM's, and to act as a cover for the true genius moves that he is about to make in the near future?

If that's so, he's kind of like a SuperHero to you, isn't he?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
Zero2Cool said,

So Zero,

Are you saying that TT is such a genius that he is purposefully making bad trades to fool the puny, inferior GM's, and to act as a cover for the true genius moves that he is about to make in the near future?

Perhaps you missed the :D

at the end of his post.

:D

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
Zero2Cool said,

So Zero,

I'm gonna ignore that porky pointed out the 'nature' of this post and play along with you.

He is my hero, my super hero. One day, I hope my cape glistens the air as swiftly as TightyTed the GM!

Oh, how I can not wait for my cape to arrive from eBay.com...

heh :)

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some more info:

WR Carlton Brewster (5-11, 214, Ferris State)
Brewster ranked as Ferris State’s second all-time leading receiver with 234 receptions for 384 receiving yards and 25 TDs in 43 career outings. He ranked third on Ferris State’s career leaders list in kickoff returns yardage (1,197), fourth in punt return yardage (588), fifth in all-purpose yards (5,029) and eighth in scoring (164 points). In 2005, Brewster caught 60 passes for 921 yards and seven TDs in 11 games. Brewster was born on Feb. 12, 1983 in Grand Rapids, Mich.

HEY!!! I GRADUATED FROM FERRIS!!! GO BULLDOGS!

he is my newest favorite packer!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:
Some more info:

Brewster ranked as Ferris State’s second all-time leading receiver with 234 receptions for 384 receiving yards and 25 TDs in 43 career outings. He ranked third on Ferris State’s career leaders list in kickoff returns yardage (1,197), fourth in punt return yardage (588), fifth in all-purpose yards (5,029) and eighth in scoring (164 points). In 2005, Brewster caught 60 passes for 921 yards and seven TDs in 11 games. Brewster was born on Feb. 12, 1983 in Grand Rapids, Mich.

HEY!!! I GRADUATED FROM FERRIS!!! GO BULLDOGS!

he is my newest favorite packer!

No, no Trippster. HE graduated from Ferris State..........you graduated from "Ferris Bueller" State! LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've already got a receiver from Western Michigan University (Greg Jennings) and one from Saginaw Valley State (Ruvell Martin), and now we're adding one from Ferris. Now if we can just get rid of Driver and Fergy and replace them with guys from Northern Michigan University, Central Michigan University, Eastern Michigan University, or maybe Grand Valley State, we can have a receiving corps made up ENTIRELY of players from lesser-known schools in Michigan! Wouldn't that be cool?

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
Brewster is a "look see" guy. It didn't cost them anything to pick him up and they're going to see what the kids has got. If he can catch on as a returner and mabye be a five or a six receiver he might have a chance. That's all this is.

This is right on the money. Rogers is struggling at PRs, so we trade one of the first CBs who would get cut to look at another WR who has experience as a returner. A cheap way to possibly improve our PR situation. A no lose situation.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I figure what the hell, its worth a shot. We are not really losing anything. I still am convinced that Lucas is better then this guy.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some more info:

Brewster ranked as Ferris State’s second all-time leading receiver with 234 receptions for 384 receiving yards

It's 3,184 yards...

Another blurb, courtesy of Marty & Matt's Pro Scouting Report:

CARLTON BREWSTER Ferris State 5'11" 214 SR
2005 American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) All-America honoree, Brewster paced Ferris State in receiving this season for the third consecutive year with 60 catches for 921 yards and seven TD’s in 11 games. concluded his four-year Bulldog career as the school’s second all-time leading receiver with 3,184 receiving yards and 25 TD’s on 234 catches in 43 career outings. Placed fifth among the conference’s career receiving yards leaders with 2,923 total yards on 213 receptions in league games only. An All-America Honorable Mention honoree by Don Hansen’s Football Gazette and D2Football.com a season ago, ranks third on FSU’s career leaders list in kickoff returns (1,197 yds.), fourth in punt returns (588 yds.), fifth in all-purpose yards (5,029 yds.), and eighth in scoring (164 pts.).

Who knows - maybe he'll show something. He probably can't be any worse a returner than Rodgers... Great Blue North Draft Report says he runs a 4.42...

Members online

Latest posts