Packers release RB Knile Davis

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was hoping to see TT traded for Dasean Jackson or TY Hilton. Oh well..hope kniles Davis allows us to get rid of Starks. Use the first rd to take s corner..Shields needs to be released at years end as well. Not worth keeping with his health issues.

No real sure the defense has proven they can afford to get rid of good corners....

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Kind of tells you the state of your team, when the buzz for the day is trading for a RB that was 4th on the depth chart in K.C. :unsure:

4 Pages so far, this could easily surpass the Janis thread.

I suppose though, if the Packers cut Jacob Schum and the Browns picked him up, Cleveland fans would be booking their Super Bowl plans. :coffee:

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have preferred to add a decent running back. Montgomery proved to be effective vs. the Cowboys catching the ball coming out of the backfield.
I think Monty will still get the ball. Eddie was struggling last game bad. I think MM will have Davis and Monty handling the bulk of the backfield. I had rather see lacey sit and heal then to be out there hurting himself more.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think Monty will still get the ball. Eddie was struggling last game bad. I think MM will have Davis and Monty handling the bulk of the backfield. I had rather see lacey sit and heal then to be out there hurting himself more.

I agree. While you can't just say "its only the Bears", I would rather take my chances with Davis and resting Eddie for what will amount to about 2 weeks for the game in Atlanta.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. While you can't just say "its only the Bears", I would rather take my chances with Davis and resting Eddie for what will amount to about 2 weeks for the game in Atlanta.
Yea man, after every run he had to go out. I was like this dude shouldn't even be playing but TT and MM don't want to spend any money. I think if eddie was healthy it would have been a total different game, he had holes he just couldn't finish runs hurting to bad.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yea man, after every run he had to go out. I was like this dude shouldn't even be playing but TT and MM don't want to spend any money. I think if eddie was healthy it would have been a total different game, he had holes he just couldn't finish runs hurting to bad.
Agreed, right out of the gate you could see he couldn't drive and push piles, which seems to be his thing. They really should have shut him down before the end of the first half. Running him in the 4th quarter was sheer lunacy in my opinion. If he comes out of that just missing the Bears game, the Packers should consider themselves lucky.

Eddie has taken a lot of heat for his weight and apparent lack of dedication to football, but this year he has opened my eyes to the back he really could be with continued motivation. I don't say break the bank on him, but I hope he is back in GB next year. I think Sunday night he was playing on true grit out there.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Maybe Davis was brought in as a body guard for whoever has the Turk assignment of telling Janis his services are not longer required. ;)

I hope they don't draw Jeff a map where that door is when that time comes, he's liable to be in GB for years!

Arkaign

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I do feel optimistic that Chicago can be beaten without Lacy, we just need Davis to be competent and more importantly for AR to step up. I think getting embarrassed by Dallas at home has to be a real wake-up call with the division playing out like it is. So beat Chicago while letting Lacy get his ankle right is definitely a reasonable expectation I would think. Then 10 days to get ready for Atlanta, and Lacy should hopefully be back to string a couple of wins together. Beating Atlanta would really be a big boost emotionally for the team, and the Vikings will have to deal with a couple of very physical OL games in the coming weeks with WAS and DAL both grinding on them. I wouldn't be surprised a bit to see the Vikings start to load up the L column a bit, as they have yet to really face a solid team outside of GB, and that was a pretty narrow win.

Reaction score
I hope they don't draw Jeff a map where that door is when that time comes, he's liable to be in GB for years!
Was it just me or did Janis come in and promptly catch everything thrown to him? (Covering my head so I don't get head slapped):eek:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Was it just me or did Janis come in and promptly catch everything thrown to him? (Covering my head so I don't get head slapped):eek:
2-2 (everything) for 14 yards.....Canton, OH. is officially on notice! ;)

Edit: What Poppa Said :D He was in for 32 plays

Janis still hasn't shown us anything on special teams like he did last year, but maybe its going to take some time with getting used to no club.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Williams was released by the Bills after reportedly showing up to training camp out of shape. After what happened with Lacy last season there's no reason to add another running back having trouble to keep a soecific weight to the roster.
I thought I just recently heard Karlos Williams getting signed to team. Not 100%

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure....A few more sips of this this Kool Aid
and we'll get back to making the Ring of Fame letters and numbers for Davis on the Lambeau field facade!! The Greatest Running back ever next to Paul Ott Caruth!!

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
There's no way the Packers should start Davis on Thursday after only two days within the system. Whike I agree it's a low cost move I don't expect significant reward out of it either.
There is no one else to start

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol and some of you were complaining about trying to sign CJ Spiller!! You're "guru" of a Gm found a way to screw that deal up lol

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Separated at birth??? Or the same stoner??
You decide!!!
Flash once for Yes,two for No...

I'll take Captain Pike as the GM...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Others on here have claimed that opposing defensives catch onto McMuffin's play calling.
If that is the case, then what good will this do?
Yeah, we need an RB right now. But now that we got one, the plan had better work and not be for nothing.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are going to see that garbage TE in the backfield set all night long.
Would not bother me one bit to see any combination of Rip, Monty & Davis all night with the TE's either chipping the DE or standing on the sideline. Rip and/or Davis gives the option to run, Monty and/or Davis the pass potential. AR can check to whatever he deems proper and has personnel on the field for either situation.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol and some of you were complaining about trying to sign CJ Spiller!! You're "guru" of a Gm found a way to screw that deal up lol

The only reason why anyone complains about not signing Spiller is because he was a big name out of college and a high pick.

These are his number the last three years.
78 carries for 300 yards

36 attempts for 112 yards

And his numbers this year?
A whole 3 carries for 9 yards, including 1 carry last week for -3 yards.

Spiller hasn't been good for years. It's just another case of "I recognize that name so sign him!"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts