Packers release RB Knile Davis

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They needed a rb he is good kick returner he has blazing speed hopefully he will give us something. People are so excited about a trade cuz it never happens but, how much is he gonna bring us.. I believe they put someone on injured reserve vs cut a player. All I know is he is like the fastest rb on madden and I have used him there haha

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather continue to use Montgomery in that role than Davis who isn't used to the Packers system.
I am curious as to why they traded for a RB, when there are so many out there on PS who would appear to be as good and not any less familiar with the system than Davis. Maybe they see some untapped potential.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said, another fat running back lol.
Well our fat RB is averaging 5.1 yards. And is probably the only skills offensive player doing anything good this year. Starks just sits and dances in the backfield. So I'm ok with another fat boy in there

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Well our fat RB is averaging 5.1 yards. And is probably the only skills offensive player doing anything good this year. Starks just sits and dances in the backfield. So I'm ok with another fat boy in there

Don't mistake Davis for being an excellent power running back like Lacy though.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I am curious as to why they traded for a RB, when there are so many out there on PS who would appear to be as good and not any less familiar with the system than Davis. Maybe they see some untapped potential.

what you said. You would hope that TT being the great scout of untapped talent found the best available RB out there.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They are hard to tackle and Williams showed he had vision. We don't need long speed, just a burst and vision.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't need an out of shape running back either though.

He's been on the Steelers PS for a week and a half, maybe he's in better shape. I still feel he would have been a better PS add than Don. It really doesn't matter now though, we got what we got. We'll see what happens.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Knile Davis > Don Jackson :)
There is something positive to come away with so far this week.

Also, Knile Davis (when healthy) is 1000000x better than James Starks.

My one concern about KD is he's had some injury problems that sidelined him back in 2012 at Arkansas, but he's got much better ball security than James Fumble-every-snap Starks.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How pissed do u think don Jackson is? I bet he has been telling his friends taking selfies saying he is finally gonna get to play. Like yep they gonna call and say suit up yo! Hahaha seriously tho

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks has averaged nearly a yard more per carry than Davis over his career and has fumbled every 62.8 touches compared to Davis every 37.7.

Umm you do realize right that Starks has been in the league longer than Davis and his sample much larger to inflate those numbers with. Bottom line, I hope as long as KD is here Starks never carries that ball again.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched this guy play for Arkansas. Have always been a fan so I am pretty excited for this. He is a good kick returner and has speed. Hope he sees some time on Thursday.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Umm you do realize right that Starks has been in the league longer than Davis and his sample much larger to inflate those numbers with. Bottom line, I hope as long as KD is here Starks never carries that ball again.

Davis has had a total of 264 touches since entering the league, for sure a sufficient sample size to make a fair evaluation about his performance.

BTW do you realize that average numbers don't get inflated by a larger sample size???

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My one concern about KD is he's had some injury problems that sidelined him back in 2012 at Arkansas, but he's got much better ball security than James Fumble-every-snap Starks.

He also had a concussion when we traded for him. That's pretty sweet.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davis has had a total of 264 touches since entering the league, for sure a sufficient sample size to make a fair evaluation about his performance.

BTW do you realize that average numbers don't get inflated by a larger sample size???

Sure they do, they get spread out and out over time, works as inflation for me. Still, as long as KD isn't putting that ball on the ground here, keep Starks on that bench.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He was sidelined in 2011 because of an injury. When he returned in 2012, his line was awful and they had an interim head coach, but he was still outplayed and benched in favor of the backup.

He average a little over 3 YPC his final year at Arkansas, so either Petrino made him look to be much better than he actually was (as he often does), or he declined after the injury.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was sidelined in 2011 because of an injury. When he returned in 2012, his line was awful and they had an interim head coach, but he was still outplayed and benched in favor of the backup.

He average a little over 3 YPC his final year at Arkansas, so either Petrino made him look to be much better than he actually was (as he often does), or he declined after the injury.

Yes, sorry I had meant to say 2011, got my years flipped. I just think at the end of the day considering what a hot mess Starks has become, it doesn't hurt to give this guy a try. If he's a bust, then go after somebody like Shock Linwood in this next year's draft or Brandon Radcliff (I assume Dalvin Cook won't be available when our pick comes). Those guys got plenty of upside over Starks.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I didn't even know who Kniles Davis was until an hour ago, so all I can say is.......about fricking time! While having a backup RB would not have made a difference on Sunday against Dallas, suiting up 1 injured RB and 7 WR's for any game is a head scratcher for me. I don't care if Montgomery and Cobb know how to carry the ball out of the backfield either, RB isn't their natural position, nor were they drafted or practiced continually as one. Fine for a change-up once in awhile, but leave the running to guys who are better suited to be RB's.

Members online

Latest posts