Packers To Raise Ticket Prices For 2007 Season

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers today, citing the need to remain in the middle range among fellow NFL teams, announced plans for a ticket-price increase for the 2007 season.

The increase in all sections of the stadium bowl will be $5 per ticket.

"Each year we look at our ticket prices as they relate to the rest of the league and adjust accordingly," said Mark Wagner, the Packers' director of ticket operations. "This increase keeps us in the middle of the pack in pricing, where we always try to be.

"We take into account our league ranking in average ticket price and how that relates to our contribution to the shared revenues among visiting teams. The increase in price this year will take both figures to about 20th place among all clubs. That ensures we're making our fair contribution to the other teams as well as keeping in mind the valuable game day experience we offer our fans. The fans enjoy coming to games at Lambeau Field and taking in all that it offers."

The game day atmosphere at Lambeau Field remains one of the best such experiences in pro sports. In 2006, Lambeau again was ranked as the No. 1 stadium experience in ESPN The Magazine's Fan Satisfaction Rankings among 92 professional franchises in a survey of 30,000 sports fans. Lambeau Field ranked No. 1 in 2005 and No. 4 in both 2003 and 2004 in the magazine's annual surveys.

Season tickets between the 20-yard lines (sections 115-124 and 322-330) now will be priced at $72, other sideline seats (sections 109-114, 125-230, 314-320 and 332-338) will be $64 and end zone seats (sections 100-108, 131-138, 303-312 and 340-354) will cost $59. The average ticket price: $63.39, about 20th in the league.

Comparatively speaking around the NFC North for the 2007 season, the best sideline seat for the Vikings is $111, the Bears $104, and the Lions $70.

Private box tickets in 2007 will be $72, also an increase of $5. Club seat ticket prices are set per contract with each individual ticket holder.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're paying way too much if you're paying over $200/ticket. Unless you have to be on the 50 yard line in the 8th row. And then, the view there isn't that much better than any other spot in Lambeau.

Actually, I think some of the worst seats are the indoor Club seats. You're starting to get a little too high and too far back with those.

Either way, the ticket prices are starting to hurt even if you get them for face value. I suppose the 70,000-plus on the Waiting List won't have any sympathy.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A very well written press release.

This was very slick indeed. the press release noted the fact that teams visiting Green Bay need the extra % profit from the Five Dollar Increase, and the fact that Packer Tickets remain 20th on the list of all of the teams in the N.F.L.

It stated that going to a Packer home game remains one of the most valuable investments according to an E.S.P.N report.

Well done Mr. Mark Wagner. Who did you hire in New York City to write that for you?

Raider Pride.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

This was very slick indeed. the press release noted the fact that teams visiting Green Bay need the extra % profit from the Five Dollar Increase, and the fact that Packer Tickets remain 20th on the list of all of the teams in the N.F.L.

It stated that going to a Packer home game remains one of the most valuable investments according to an E.S.P.N report.

Well done Mr. Mark Wagner. Who did you hire in New York City to write that for you?

Raider Pride.

It's always virtually the same press release, they just change the date.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Raider Pride.

What it does not state though is the average yearly income of people in Green Bay is compared to the 12 NFL Teams and have lower average NFL ticket prices than the Green Bay Packers.

The Packers are 20th in the average cost of a ticket. That leaves12 cities that are lower in average ticket cost. I am not going to run the numbers but I would bet that Green Bay's average household income is not higher than any of those other 12.

I am not *****ing.... I do not live in Green Bay, but it is a team owned by the community. So why should there be 12 teams with owners that are charging less on average per ticket?

As Stated in the press release.... "The increase in price this year will take both figures to about 20th place among all clubs. That ensures we're making our fair contribution to the other teams."

F*ck any worries about what the other private owners want ensured. This team is owned by the people of Green Bay who I guarentee are making less income per family than many of the 12 teams that have lower ticket prices.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider pride- Average income in Green Bay, Wi should have nothing to do with price of tickets for Packer games. Only around 18% of Packer season tickets holders are Green Bay/Brown County residents.

Packer season tickets are owned by Packer fans from every where. Many Packer season ticket holders are from Milwukee where the Packer had in the past , played some home games for many years. It is a State of Wisconsin team and
Season ticket holders are from just about everywhere in Wi. as well as from U.P. of Mi. and also outside of Wi.

Many businesses own blocks of Packer tickets.

Many Packer fans own many extra tickets which they sell for to other fans and ticket brokers for upwards of double what the face value of the Packer ticket is . The system operates on the old Supply, demand concept. Such as the demand for Bear and Viking tickets is usually high, the more the ticket holder gets for his Packer tickets for those games . The ticket broker gets his supply of Packer tickets from Packer fan season ticket holders. The Ticker Broker has no other source of supply.

this is why when someone who does not have Packer tickets and wants to purchase them, the price is upwards of $135 to $375 or more for a ticket purchased from a Ticket Broker.

Packer stock is owned by Packer fans everywhere in U.S. and out side of this country, not just by Green Bay residents.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Raider Pride said:

Raider Pride.

What it does not state though is the average yearly income of people in Green Bay is compared to the 12 NFL Teams and have lower average NFL ticket prices than the Green Bay Packers.

The Packers are 20th in the average cost of a ticket. That leaves12 cities that are lower in average ticket cost. I am not going to run the numbers but I would bet that Green Bay's average household income is not higher than any of those other 12.

I am not *****ing.... I do not live in Green Bay, but it is a team owned by the community. So why should there be 12 teams with owners that are charging less on average per ticket?

As Stated in the press release.... "The increase in price this year will take both figures to about 20th place among all clubs. That ensures we're making our fair contribution to the other teams."

F*ck any worries about what the other private owners want ensured. This team is owned by the people of Green Bay who I guarentee are making less income per family than many of the 12 teams that have lower ticket prices.

See what your saying, and your right...but isnt the revenue sharing a leauge wide policy?

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only around 18% of Packer season tickets holders are Green Bay/Brown County residents.

Where did you hear that? 95% of Green Package season tickets are held by an address in Brown County or one of the adjacent surrounding counties.

This was a study done by the Packers but before the User Fee/renovation so I'm sure the percentage has dropped a little.

The "Milwaukee" season tickets have similar numbers, held mostly by accounts with addresses in Milwaukee and surrounding counties.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider pride- Average income in Green Bay, Wi should have nothing to do with price of tickets for Packer games. Only around 18% of Packer season tickets holders are Green Bay/Brown County residents.

Packer season tickets are owned by Packer fans from every where. Many Packer season ticket holders are from Milwukee where the Packer had in the past , played some home games for many years. It is a State of Wisconsin team and
Season ticket holders are from just about everywhere in Wi. as well as from U.P. of Mi. and also outside of Wi.

Many businesses own blocks of Packer tickets.

Many Packer fans own many extra tickets which they sell for to other fans and ticket brokers for upwards of double what the face value of the Packer ticket is . The system operates on the old Supply, demand concept. Such as the demand for Bear and Viking tickets is usually high, the more the ticket holder gets for his Packer tickets for those games . The ticket broker gets his supply of Packer tickets from Packer fan season ticket holders. The Ticker Broker has no other source of supply.

this is why when someone who does not have Packer tickets and wants to purchase them, the price is upwards of $135 to $375 or more for a ticket purchased from a Ticket Broker.

Packer stock is owned by Packer fans everywhere in U.S. and out side of this country, not just by Green Bay residents.

I never loked at it from that angle. Thak you for that. You educate me Sir, and you are a good man.

R.P.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
I never loked at it from that angle. Thak you for that. You educate me Sir, and you are a good man.

R.P.

But... it's wrong. :rubeyes:

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

R.P.

But... it's wrong. :rubeyes:

"But it is wrong" ???????

Any time one has the opportunity to look at something from another angle or point of view is never wrong. for me the post was enlightening.

It may be wrong for you, but it is enlightening for me. So the question is who is it wrong for?

You are a Judge and Jury.... I remain a student.

R.P.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Raider Pride said:
You are a Judge and Jury.... I remain a student.

R.P.

If you are swayed by eloquence rather than facts then you are not a student.

I beg to differ Sir.

You can always tell how far a person will go in life by what they are willing to learn once they "Think They Know It All."

R.P.

Exactly. That's why you don't see me commenting in every thread, I can only talk about what I know.

I can comment about this because I was in the Ticket Office a few years ago talking to Mark Wagner about various subjects regarding Packer tickets and he personally photocopied the report and gave it to me.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh... just for fun, here's a fact: Does anyone know who has the MOST Packer season tickets? It's Mike Burris of Shawano, he has 331 tickets. There were a number of articles about him when the User Fee came out, he had to come up with almost half a million.

(The article also mentions that 86% of season ticket accounts hold 4 or fewer tickets).

One of Many Links

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll gladly pay the extra $5 per ticket, if I can actually get ahold of a ticket this year. Saving up now!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll gladly pay the extra $5 per ticket, if I can actually get ahold of a ticket this year. Saving up now!
Thats the sad part..............the extra $5 face value will probably cost US an extra $20.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vegomatic -ifthe survey given to you by Mark Wagner of Green Bay Packers said 95% of ALL Packer ticket holders live in Green Bay/Brown County. I will stand corrected!!

Remember I said ALL Packer Season Ticket holders, that is both Green and Gold package and Ticket holders not total number of tickets held by the Packer Season Ticket Holders. Surrounding Counties were not included in that percentage.

This was done by memory from article in Green Bay Press-Gazette during the Lambeau Field renovation controversy some 6 or 7 years ago. I would have to go into the Green Bay Press-Gazette files to try to find this Article of the breakdown of location of Packer season ticket holders. There is also a fee charge for this service.

I stand by the rest of my post and if I was inaccurate of the part you questioned whch was. "Only around 18% of Packer season tickets holders are Green Bay/Brown County residents." I apologize. and will try to not rely on just my memory on future posts.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vegomatic -ifthe survey given to you by Mark Wagner of Green Bay Packers said 95% of ALL Packer ticket holders live in Green Bay/Brown County.

No, the 95% is from Brown County AND adjacent counties to Brown. The report is buried in my Packer "stuff" so if I recall correctly, the Green Bay package had about 50% of the accounts in Brown County itself.

I was thinking about this last night and was wondering if they were also counting the Milwaukee season ticket accounts. That would drop Green package accounts to about 25% with guesstimating. With the addition of new Club Seats and the movement created by the User Fee, I can see how they pulled 18% out of the air.

However, I will disagree with the premise that using the numbers like this is a basis for claiming the Packers are a "state team." The fact still remains that 95% (a number that will have dropped 2002 post-renovation) of the Green Bay season tickets are held by accounts in "Packerland." I will define "Packerland" to be any location roughly 50 miles from Lambeau Field.

The Packers still are a "state team" which can be demonstrated via other means. The Packer aura goes well beyond the state line, of course. I doubt if Raider Pride would comprehend something like Packer Family Night.

I only disagree with how the media present the 18% figure. I feel it is being used in a misleading way and there are better ways to explain Packerdom. The very fact that Lambeau Field has TWO SETS of season ticket holders of which both are completely sold out is mind boggling. And one of those sets of season tickets are primarily held by people in a city 100 miles away. Let me see any other team in any sport in any state or any country do that.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts