Packers to play on January 12th

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just listening to the pre-game show from Milwaukee and they reported the most likely scenario is for the Packers to play at 3:30 on Saturday January 12. The only other option is noon on the 13th.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cool. I'll be in Chicago at that time, staying at the hostel downtown. anyone (Tromadz) know of any cool bars to watch the game at in downtown chicago?

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping for noon on the 13th.
On the 12th my youngest son has a big swim meet that he would have to miss.
I have no problem missing a swim meet except that 2 relay teams really depend on him.
This has become an issue between my wife and I.
My arguement is that he still will have 100 swim meets but may never get another chance to attend another Packer playoff game.
If we get the 13th that would eliminate alot of grief for me.

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be happy with 3:30 (Green Bay time on the 12th) a it's my birthday (I'll be 47 as will Randy Wright who was born on the same day as me!!!!)and it wil be 9:30PM here in the UK.

Perfect time for watching the pack win and having a few celebration drinks.

Bring on Hasselbeck and his predictions again!!!!

twebdonny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will be there whatever day or time.

...as long as ORD doesn't get snowed in...

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
cool. I'll be in Chicago at that time, staying at the hostel downtown. anyone (Tromadz) know of any cool bars to watch the game at in downtown chicago?

I was a kid when I left Chicago, so I don't remember.

However, go to a bar in Chicago and when the Packers game is on, ask the guy next to you if he knows what times the Bears' game is on. See what he says.

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

I was a kid when I left Chicago, so I don't remember.

However, go to a bar in Chicago and when the Packers game is on, ask the guy next to you if he knows what times the Bears' game is on. See what he says.

rofl

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i got tix to the vikes/bears monday night game two weeks ago, and got taunted by all the fans, from both teams. it felt good to say, "hey, save it for the playoffs... oh wait, you won't be there!"

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn I was hoping to get the game at noon the 12th, I will be flying into Atlanta at noon and then to France at 5:15 from Atlanta so it will really be great for me to arrive at Atlanta at noon watch the game and get to the plane ready to sleep after 10 beers and a Packer win !!!

Anyway if it is Sunday noon I could see it in Bordeaux, any idea of a bar where they show Football in Bordeaux??

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn I was hoping to get the game at noon the 12th, I will be flying into Atlanta at noon and then to France at 5:15 from Atlanta so it will really be great for me to arrive at Atlanta at noon watch the game and get to the plane ready to sleep after 10 beers and a Packer win !!!

Anyway if it is Sunday noon I could see it in Bordeaux, any idea of a bar where they show Football in Bordeaux??

I thought Ted Thompson ruined this football team??.... now your making playoff plans.??

Toddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2007/12/30/3/ said:
Packers To Play Sat., Jan. 12, at 3:30 p.m. CT

by Mike Spofford, Packers.com
posted 12/30/2007

The NFL has announced that the Packers' divisional playoff game at Lambeau Field will be on Saturday, Jan. 12, at 3:30 p.m. CT.

As the No. 2 seed in the NFC, the Packers (13-3) have a first-round bye in the playoffs and then will play either the No. 3, 4 or 5 seed at Lambeau Field. Those teams, respectively, are Seattle, Tampa Bay and the New York Giants.

Seattle will host a wild-card game against Washington on Saturday, Jan. 5, at 3:30 p.m. CT. Should the Seahawks win, they would come to Green Bay to play the Packers.

If Washington wins, the Redskins would go to No. 1 seed Dallas on Sunday, Jan. 13, for a 3:30 p.m. CT kickoff. On Jan. 12, the Packers would play the winner of the Tampa Bay-New York game, which is in Tampa on Sunday, Jan. 6, at noon CT.

The AFC divisional games are scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 12, at 7 p.m. CT at New England, and Sunday, Jan. 13, at noon CT in Indianapolis.

Both conference championship games are scheduled for Sunday, Jan. 20. The AFC game will kick off at 2 p.m. CT, with the NFC game at 5:30 p.m. CT.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the news, Toddy. I'm going to the game, and the 3:30 Saturday start is perfect for me. I'll be driving down to Green Bay (about 150 miles south of here) with my sister. Our seats are near the west side of the south end zone.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:

I thought Ted Thompson ruined this football team??.... now your making playoff plans.??

Damn I was wrong, so far Teddy seems to be right and I seem to be wrong..

I have already apologized about 1000 times for not waiting enough before bashing Teddy.... Anyway I am happy I was wrong and I can keep apologizing for the next 4-5 years at least.

Happy New Year. :twisted:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
Chamuko said:

Damn I was wrong, so far Teddy seems to be right and I seem to be wrong..

I have already apologized about 1000 times for not waiting enough before bashing Teddy.... Anyway I am happy I was wrong and I can keep apologizing for the next 4-5 years at least.

Happy New Year. :twisted:

I hear ya. I've said I was wrong about Favre being done multiple times yet I get destroyed because of it all the time. We was wrong!

happy new years, y'all!

(y'all? ...no more beer)

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh my god, I was almost going to freak out. Normally I have to work from 7am-4pm on Saturdays, but that Saturday I inexplicably have off.

This is destiny.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Thanks for the news, Toddy. I'm going to the game, and the 3:30 Saturday start is perfect for me. I'll be driving down to Green Bay (about 150 miles south of here) with my sister. Our seats are near the west side of the south end zone.
Greg, I plan on leaving Ishpeming with my sons at 11AM.
What time are you leaving?
Our seats are in sec. 128 row 55: 18,19,20,21, sounds like you may be in the same area.
Maybe we could get together for a beer.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Greg, I plan on leaving Ishpeming with my sons at 11AM.
What time are you leaving?
Our seats are in sec. 128 row 55: 18,19,20,21, sounds like you may be in the same area.
Maybe we could get together for a beer.

I don't think the drive will work, because I have to go to Crystal Falls to pick up my sister. I'll probably just drive there on Friday evening, actually, so I can spend some time with her and her family.

I don't know our seats in terms of section and row and all that. We will probably be tailgating with some of my sister's friends before the game. I will ask her if she knows where we will be (it may be hard to explain), so maybe you could stop by if you have the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts