Packers To Murder The Cowboys In Big D This Year, Elliot Suspended

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just double checked the schedule and we play the Cowboys before his suspension ends.

I think we're gonna murder them now. All we gotta do is bring all-out blitzes on Dak Prescott and he folds. Their biggest weapon is sitting on the bench and I'm not scared now because Dez Bryant is getting old and is going to be retiring soon.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, 6 game suspension? Definitely hurts Dallas and makes the GB/Cowboys game less of a "playoff intensity" game. Hope GB doesn't have a let down after pounding the Bears in week 4.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, 6 game suspension? Definitely hurts Dallas and makes the GB/Cowboys game less of a "playoff intensity" game. Hope GB doesn't have a let down after pounding the Bears in week 4.

Don't see that happening. Dallas is one of our most official out of division rivals besides Seattle, I see our guys ready to come in and jump all over them.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt the suspension will go 6 games. Jerry Jones will tell Goodell to shorten it to 4 games or less so that the Cowboys have a fresh Elliot to go against the Packers.

Reaction score
I bet he only gets 1 game back in his appeal, which would still put him absent for this game. I'm pretty sure Dallas is only praying he gets 2 back because they know they're done if he's out for this one.
He's a highly liked high profile player on a popular team being punished for events which didn't make a big news splash any time recently. The 6 game suspension shows they are serious about it, and then reducing it to four shows they'll still punish their favorite golden calves while also allowing them to hype up a big game.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a highly liked high profile player on a popular team being punished for events which didn't make a big news splash any time recently. The 6 game suspension shows they are serious about it, and then reducing it to four shows they'll still punish their favorite golden calves while also allowing them to hype up a big game.

Idk, after what happened with Brady last year the league may be thinking they're not going to give any leeway to this guy either. But I know the Cowboys are praying he's back in time for the game in big D because otherwise they have 0 chance of winning.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They didn't give a single game back to Brady and people think this is getting reduced? Not a chance

Personal conduct policy + Ray Rice fiasco (and the hard line 6 game suspensions for domestic violence) + a judge ruling last year Goodell has unquestionable power = Elliot is sitting 6 games

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
He will be reduced to 4 games. Goodell played this suspension stragically. Ratings will be high for a Cowboys home game and Zeke debut against the Packers for Fox's game of the week...

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we murder the Cowboys too, but honestly, that whole team is overrated

Witten is good but he's almost done(i would suppose at 35 years old)

Their Oline is great and all but i don't think there as good as some people project tbh... sure they beat us pretty bad, but many games they BARELY won last year

I feel there more of a 10 win team but wants to be a 13/14 win team... but that's the Dallas mindset, trying to be something it's not

I should know, i went to school there

That said, i may be moving up to Mpls for work later this year, which will be pretty sweet

*great place to wear that throwback Favre jersey around town

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He will be reduced to 4 games. Goodell played this suspension stragically. Ratings will be high for a Cowboys home game and Zeke debut against the Packers for Fox's game of the week...

Like I said though, If Brady got no games appealed, why would they not hold Elliot to that same standard?

RepStar15

Reaction score
Like I said though, If Brady got no games appealed, why would they not hold Elliot to that same standard?
Brady was the only big name player that did not win a game back in an appeal, because they gave him the opportunity to come clean and only serve 1-2 games (cant remember which it was) when the initial Tim Wells report came out. Brady did not admit guilt thus when he went for his appeal Goodell did not want to back down. Then the whole Tim Wells report kind of went out the window and they gave him 4 games on the basis that he deleted cell phone evidence, thus what he ended up getting suspended for. Brady was not suspended for altering the football pressure or knowing about a potential deflation of the footballs, but for not being 100% corporative with the investigation.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady was the only big name player that did not win a game back in an appeal, because they gave him the opportunity to come clean and only serve 1-2 games (cant remember which it was) when the initial Tim Wells report came out. Brady did not admit guilt thus when he went for his appeal Goodell did not want to back down. Then the whole Tim Wells report kind of went out the window and they gave him 4 games on the basis that he deleted cell phone evidence, thus what he ended up getting suspended for. Brady was not suspended for altering the football pressure or knowing about a potential deflation of the footballs, but for not being 100% corporative with the investigation.

Maybe, but I still don't know that that helps Elliot's case or that they'd reduce 2 games out of his instead of just one. Goodell, as bad as it is that he gets to play tyrant seems to be on a dictatorial binge lately, though I suppose I wouldn't put it past Jerry Jones to get in on the bribery scheme and pay him to let Elliot back in by our game.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is he being suspended that much for something he has never been convicted of?

RepStar15

Reaction score
Because the NFLPA gave up all player rights to Roger Goodell in the last CPA. He has the right to give out suspensions and banishments as he pleases. This is one of the (rare) occasions I agree with the suspension. Though the police report found Zeke not guilty, that does not mean he did not do the crime. I am on the belief that playing in the NFL is a privledge, not an entitlement. Growing up playing sports, my coaches always made up dress up before games on the basis that, "you are representing your school, dressing up reminds you it is a privledge to play for X team." Now of course I did not go pro in anything (and if I did I am a woman and no real money would have ever come my way), but all these guys are expendable. There is another player out there making good choices and representing their teams and giving our kids a leader to look up too. But thats all opinion and will vary from person to person. If you have Zeke kind of money, do not put yourself in situations where you can get yourself in trouble.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so much is going to happen between now and then, get me when October gets here. as for the suspension, I'm leaning towards an appeal and 2 game reduction. But they seem to move around on their enforcement of things lately, so it's hard to tell.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because the NFLPA gave up all player rights to Roger Goodell in the last CPA. He has the right to give out suspensions and banishments as he pleases. This is one of the (rare) occasions I agree with the suspension. Though the police report found Zeke not guilty, that does not mean he did not do the crime. I am on the belief that playing in the NFL is a privledge, not an entitlement. Growing up playing sports, my coaches always made up dress up before games on the basis that, "you are representing your school, dressing up reminds you it is a privledge to play for X team." Now of course I did not go pro in anything (and if I did I am a woman and no real money would have ever come my way), but all these guys are expendable. There is another player out there making good choices and representing their teams and giving our kids a leader to look up too. But thats all opinion and will vary from person to person. If you have Zeke kind of money, do not put yourself in situations where you can get yourself in trouble.

I just think it's so funny everyone on this forum was backing Goodell in the other thread saying he was doing such as good job and now they're complaining Elliot got suspended being too harsh a punishment. Lol, and I figured there'd be dancing in the streets over us getting to play a Cowboys offense that's half neutered lol.

Reaction score
Brady didn't get a reduction because he spent so much time fighting them and being public in his assertions of innocence. They viewed his, just like the other Patriots' actions, as a power play, and their move to keep his 4 game suspension was a power play as well.

EVERYTHING is politics, especially business. This will get reduced to 4 games.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They didn't give a single game back to Brady and people think this is getting reduced? Not a chance

Personal conduct policy + Ray Rice fiasco (and the hard line 6 game suspensions for domestic violence) + a judge ruling last year Goodell has unquestionable power = Elliot is sitting 6 games

Agreed. If it was anything else besides DV I could see a possible reduce but not after all the publicity in the last couple of years.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wonder if dak will be another kap. One hit wonder but gave us a hard time

Some similarities in that Kaep did have a lot of success due to Gore being a constant threat, but Dak isn't nearly as fast and doesn't scramble out of the read option offense like Kaep used to do. But I think he'll struggle going forward because his passing success is based on Elliot's success and drawing defenses up to sell out to that RB and thereby giving him some one-on-ones. I suspect this year he's going to be facing a lot more blitzes that don't get picked up and be limited in any ability to extend plays.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Elliot or no Elliot, Packers at Cowboys is going to draw massive ratings. Don't see a big drop off in the ratings simply due to him being out of the game.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Elliot or no Elliot, Packers at Cowboys is going to draw massive ratings. Don't see a big drop off in the ratings simply due to him being out of the game.

Yup, though I do think our chances of winning increase dramatically though XD

Members online

Latest posts