1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers to call on Reggie Wayne

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by GoPGo, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
  2. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,597
  3. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,990
    While Wayne may be relegated to a slot receiver role, it doesn't mean that one of our young guys can't play on the outside. McCarthy has been consistent about everybody learning every position. It's a possibility. I'd trust TT to pull the trigger if he felt that Wayne (or any other free agent) provided enough upside to bump a promising young WR off of the roster. If he makes a move, it's likely because the young guys haven't done enough to reward a spot.

4. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    Honestly, White and Janis haven't been playing that bad this preseason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
    Ted will do his usual cost/benefit analysis. I honestly don't see us signing him unless Wayne agrees to take a fairly minimal salary. Other teams will probably offer him more $.

6. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,597
    While Cobb is capable of playing on the outside he's best suited to play the slot. If Thompson decides to bring in a veteran receiver it would make more sense to sign someone used to playing on the outside.

7. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +955
    Thompson could wait until after the Bears game to sign the best of the journeymen stop-gap receivers to a minimal offer. Or he can roll the dice with the talent he's already got. Nelson, Jennings, Jones, Driver, etc., all took time to develop. The current youngsters will also need a little patience, just the same as their predecessors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,597
    Wayne has agreed to a contract with the Patriots.

9. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    Just curious, now that Wayne is off the market, if Thompson & staff evaluate all the available WRs and rate a slot receiver significantly above an outside receiver, would you still have them sign the outside WR? I think I’d opt for the better receiver but that’s probably a moot point regarding the WRs available.

James Jones may be the best option but he just had a pretty good game against Jacksonville with 5 receptions, so he’s making a bid to make their 53. The presence of Ben McAdoo going into his second season as the Giants’ OC probably helps Jones in that regard. But if Thompson & staff view him as the best available option, it would certainly be worth a late round pick to get him IMO.

10. Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    Fortunately, James Jones will be dropping routine passes in a NY Giants uniform this year.

I'm hearing some chat about Moss, though. My heart says great, but my head wonders how good he'll be at 38 after three years away from the game. It's weird how much I like the guy considering he played for 3 teams I strongly dislike.

I imagine TT and the powers that be will just stick with what we have and maybe that's not such a bad thing.

11. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    If TT signs Moss I'll become a fan of soccer.....I think we'll be fine with or without Jordy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    No to Moss. Next man up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,597
    I would prefer the outside receiver. The Packers have several guys best suited to play in the slot with Cobb, Montgomery and White but aside of Adams there aren't any outside receivers without major question marks on the roster.

14. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,597
    No way the Packers even consider Moss as an option.

15. XPack

XPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +182
    Signed with the Pats!

16. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,973
    Oh cheez, if we're looking at someone who hasn't played since 2012, lets bring back Donald Driver! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    Signed with Pats

Be our guest to make a new thread on other available WR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.