Packers to be low key in free agency

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing with Adalius Thomas that I think people are missing, they moved him around alot in the games, we would be asking him to play mostly DE, he is only 270 pounds and may wear down similar to KGB.
KGB-250 pounds
Dwight Freeney-268 pounds
John Abraham-256 pounds
Alex Brown-260 pounds
Jason Taylor-255 pounds

I can keep going if you're not convinced that you were wrong with that statement.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
The thing with Adalius Thomas that I think people are missing, they moved him around alot in the games, we would be asking him to play mostly DE, he is only 270 pounds and may wear down similar to KGB.
KGB-250 pounds
Dwight Freeney-268 pounds
John Abraham-256 pounds
Alex Brown-260 pounds
Jason Taylor-255 pounds

I can keep going if you're not convinced that you were wrong with that statement.

Yeah Thomas will have no problem playing at 270. I think he could have up to 5 good years left. He's averaged 9.5 sacks a year for his career. I can't say I'd be against adding Thomas. He's a great player.

It appears New England is going to make the push to get him and it'd be hard to choose the Packers over the Patriots especially if the money is very similar.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
KGB wore down each and every game...
Freeney when Tackles got there hands on him, wore him down fast, look at tape this year...
Abraham can't stay healthy and wears down... again watch film
Don't know about Brown..
Taylor is a freak no doubt.... along with "the freak" Kearse.

But look at all of these guys they have a great year or two, then people get tape on them and there speed rushes and they arent as effective. I am not saying he can't play the DE position for a whole game, I am saying he hasnt proved he CAN. For us to sign him to a huge contract sounds alot like KGB after 3 productive seasons. Now we all want to throw him under the bus. That is all I am saying.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB and Thomas have 3 things in common. They're black, athletic, and in the NFL. That's basically it.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Okay, so being that they both have alot of length through the body, are faster than stronger and both are molded to fit and outside linebacker, I will agree.:) Thomas is way better in space, and in the right system would be dynamite, I just don't know that he fits in our scheme, that is it:)

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looks like the title of this thread is right on. I'm also disappointed that TT has not cut one under-achieving player yet. Could it be that ALL of our players are so good that we want to keep them? If that's the case, why did we win ONLY 8 games last year? We SHOULD have been in the SB if our squad is that good! I'm oozing sarcasm, of course. SEveral guys we could have used(Clements & Graham) are going elsewhere, according to reports. No attempt made to even contact their agents, I suppose. Maybe TT is hoping another gem will still be sitting out there unsigned weeks from now, ala Woodson.

Reaction score
Retired, I can understand your frustration, but there is still time to make the cuts.

I believe one player you are referring to is Marquand Manuel, and if we release him right now, without someone else on radar, we may run into problems if Underwood isn't completely healthy or he gets reinjured (knock on wood).

If he can get a better player, then I'd like to think he would make the cut after mini-camps or TC, just to have some extra competition. It never hurt anyone to have people fighting tooth and nail for their jobs. :)

Members online

Latest posts