Packers | Thompson says Favre is not holding up the team

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and your point is? Just kidding big3.

I think it's fairly obvious to all that if Bret leaves we are sitting in a bad spot. A rather unfamiliar one also. We've seemed to manage holding onto several good backups to Favre over the years.

Now if he quits? How quickly the world changes.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not another Brees Reference. I am kind of baffled by this.

You spend a first round draft pick on a A-Rod, then before he startsan NFL game you are going to go out and ink another QB to a 4-5 year offer sheet?

It is not logical!!! Do you think we were going to pursue Brees and then give him a one-year deal? Yeah he probably would have taken that.

I could care less what your opinions are on A-Rod. Some think he will be ok, some think he will suck, but, I think until he starts an NFL game we are all just guessing.

When Brett goes A-Rod takes over the reigns. Signing a big-name free agent QB is out of the question whether Brett retired or not. We could sign Jamie Martin or whoever to be a back-up but we WERE never going to pursue Brees,Culpepper,Collins or any other NFL starter.

If Brett goes, A-Rod takes over, we bring in a journeymen back-up QB, and Arth or some 7th round draft pick can be our 3rd stringer.

It doesn't really matter if Brett goes anyways because nooneon our roster is going to lead us anywhere. It will be a year for A-Rod to show if the staff GLIMPSES of what it takes to be a starting QB in this league

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Brees tore his labrum...

(that's a serious injury..who knows if he can come back from that?)

foolishness...

Members online

Latest posts