Packers take big gamble on Walker

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
i wonder if my cat could score a 9 on the wonderlic...

I bet it could do even better...........wonder LICK! LOLOL!!! :lol:
Maybe Walker will cough up a hair ball!

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just one more example of why trading away picks (especially a 2nd rounder!) to move up in the draft is a bad idea. I really believe the Packers could have kept their 2nd round pick and still gotten Walker at #28. Oh well...

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ouch. Now every draft pick has negatives as they are thoroughly studied. After all they are just rookies.

But one year wonder at Seminoles and one year wonder with Packers.

Sherman's comments were accurate. "Are they confident? He was."

The best spin on the deal was that the Packers got Walker and Kampmann in exchange for a 1st and a 2nd round pick. Kampmann as a 5th rounder has contributed more than the first rounder Walker.

Which brings me back to my harping point. Draft choices are about 50-50 in success rate. If you trade up like Sherman and have fewer picks every bust is devastating. But if like Wolf and Thompson you get over ten picks then a high round bust is made up by a low round success.

I fully expect Thompson to trade down the first round pick a couple of times and stockpile 2nd and 3rds.

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny how things come true or don't come true.

- The Packers got nothing from Ferguson, a two-year player at the junior-college level as was Walker, during his wasted rookie season. They regard Walker, 23, as a more mature player. --> not true!! :evil:

- Sherman compared him to San Francisco's Terrell Owens, only faster. --> true!! :evil: :evil: (caused similar trouble as early as his 4th season, TO needed somewhat longer)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
didn't you score an all time low 2 cheesey?

just kiddin' loloooooooooool :p

Actually, in 1989 i scored in the top 5% in the country in the American College Test (The ACT) So THERE!!!
All these looks, and BRAINS TOO!!!

Members online

Latest posts