Packers' success in cold? It's numb luck.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay Sunday forecast......

Wind Chill Advisory in effect until noon CST today...
[sunny]
Today
Sunny but cold. Highs zero to 5 above. West winds 10 to 15 mph this morning then diminishing to 5 to 10 mph this afternoon. Wind chills 25 to 35 below zero during the morning.
» ZIP Code Detail

Tonight
Very cold. Clear this evening...then increasing clouds overnight. Lows 5 below to 10 below zero in the evening then near steady. Light west winds.

BadKarma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is the coldest day of the year here on the gulf Coast of Mexico,29 deg f.
So I KNOW it's cold up there. :)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's suppose to be 20 deg. on Friday. Going to feel like spring after 15 - 20 below!
I know what you mean!
I don't mind winter, but that below zero crap just zaps everything outta me.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wischeez said:
It's suppose to be 20 deg. on Friday. Going to feel like spring after 15 - 20 below!
I know what you mean!

You should come to work with me when it's like this, I work outside half the time. Long johns, 2 sweatshirts(1 hooded), and a thick jacket!
I gain about 20 lbs., just in clothing!

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It warmed up here in Iowa to 9 degree, about -9 wind chill I believe...man I'm glad I'm not going anywhere today.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
wischeez said:
I know what you mean!

You should come to work with me when it's like this, I work outside half the time. Long johns, 2 sweatshirts(1 hooded), and a thick jacket!
I gain about 20 lbs., just in clothing!
What do you do that you have to be outside???
(Whatever it is.....you don't get paid enough!!!!) :lol:

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm the(only) mechanic for a fleet of taxis and handicapped vans in Wisconsin Rapids. If they have problems out on the road, I have to go to where they are and try to repair the vehicle so it can continue on it's way. Right now, we have 9 taxis and 8 handicapped vans. We're expecting another van and 6 taxis.
Actually, they pay me pretty good.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The low tonight here is going to be around 15, yesterday we got 2 inches of snow. Everyone is freaking out.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm the(only) mechanic for a fleet of taxis and handicapped vans in Wisconsin Rapids. If they have problems out on the road, I have to go to where they are and try to repair the vehicle so it can continue on it's way. Right now, we have 9 taxis and 8 handicapped vans. We're expecting another van and 6 taxis.
Sounds like a decent job. Say hi to everyone in Rapids, I had a roommate in college ( La Crosse ) from Rapids and got to know a lot of people from there.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sweet! At least you get paid good for it!
Of course that kind of job is GREAT in the warmer months! Getting to be outside when it's nice!

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All this talk of cold weather is making my mouth water for strong German beer. I think I'll run in the basement and draw myself a hombrewed doppelbock. Hell, it's already 12:30 here.

Members online

Latest posts