Packers still trying to acquire Moss from Oakland

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMHO, if we sign Moss, it is my belief that Favre has already committed two years to the team, as it does not make sense if Favre is around only one more year.

I'm with you. I think Favre can stay for another year. Unless we have another god to awful season and McCarthy gets fired I believe Favre might return for another season after this, especially if he's playing well.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i want to sign randy just for the two games a year we play minnesota. and when he catches his first TD against Minnesota... the pants might really come down as he moons the Dome crowd.

i think his personality is a better fit in Green Bay. I think he is a small town guy as crazy as that sounds. i feel like he will love the fan devotion and i think he feeds off that .... case in point. he always played huge against Green Bay. because of the stakes, and to shut up opposing fans and pump up his own fans. I think that increases ten fold with a move to Green Bay, with better fans (not proven on this site sometimes) and a better organization. (imo) and of course... winning is everything. Randy Moss will not be any sort of a locker room cancer if we are winning. which i think we will be. better get used to it either way.. cause i got a feeling Moss will be a packer by the end of March.

scharles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey all, first post here, been reading for awhile though...

Anyways about moss. Does anyone ever realize what moss is always yappin about to his qbs and what not on the sideline? To just throw the ball up to him so he can make a play.... And what is brett favre known for doing? Throwing the ball up so his receiver can make a play. Now if you ask me that sounds like a recipe for success and i really don't see how that relationship couldn't work out.

Moss has been on two teams that are known year in and year out to not be successful teams, whether it be bad coaching, bad management, etc. Granted his first couple yrs in mn they were pretty good. Can you blame a guy for wanting to win? Why would anyone in their right mind want to play for oakland?

And lastly the thing i remember most about randy moss when he was in minnesota is how he supposedly "stole the lambeau leap" and always did it in the dome. Celebrating with the fans, something us packer fans love to see. I don't see how this could be a bad move at all and honestly i would love and really do hope to see that first 50 yd touchdown from favre to moss and watch him do his first lambeau leap. Lets go tightwad ted, make it happen!

You said it, brother.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1996 Regular season-Andre Rison caught 13 passes -total 135 yards- Ave per catch 10.4 yards - Long Td 22 yards- Total TDs 1 - Total regular season games played 5

In 1996 post season

-Rison caught 7 passes- -Total yardage 143 yards- Average per catch 20.43 yds -Long td 54 yds- Caught 2 TD passes- and played in 3 games

OP
OP
C

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
I would give up a 3rd round pick and KGB for Moss.

i would be ok with that. is KGB a good fit for the raiders? would they want him?
Well, Oakland has one of the best LDE in the game today. We are lacking a pass rushing RDE, from what I saw of KGB though I'm not sure I would want him anymore. I would think Oakland will be interested in Corey Williams. 310+ pound bodies that can get after the passer are pretty interesting.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are we so certain that Jenkins can be an every down DE that we would trade KGB?

Well considering we're certain KGB ISN'T an every down DE, what's the problem. Add that to the fact that productivity increased when Jenkins took more of KGB's snaps, and you got yourself no room to question this, but you just did, so I guess I was wrong.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
skylerjheav said:

Well considering we're certain KGB ISN'T an every down DE, what's the problem. Add that to the fact that productivity increased when Jenkins took more of KGB's snaps, and you got yourself no room to question this, but you just did, so I guess I was wrong.

The problem is that you need depth on the D-line, and KGB can still rush the passer. Albeit, I'm more comfortable giving up KGB than Williams. I guess I'd be ok with it so long as we get some help in the draft.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
skylerjheav said:

My thoughts exactly. I really only see KGB as a 5 sack a year type of guy and that can be found in the Draft as well. Since we'd be filling a need at WR with Moss we could use a 1st day pick on DE then. That's assuming Ted Thompson gets extra picks. RB,TE, and DE on the 1st Day would make a lot of sense for the Pack in my opinion. :twocents:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts