Packers still not getting credit they deserve

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In watching the major news networks tonight..... Ive come to the conclusion they are obsessed with T.O. and Romo, its like the Packers lost today or something...... The Cowboys are a good team, nut they arnt great, and it seems they are more of a selfish egotistical ticking time bomb...... Terrell Owens is a disgrace to the greats that came before him.....his antics are childish and pathetic. They have one good reciever and a solid but over rated defense. This is a team that barely beat Minnesota and SHOULD have lost to the Bills.

Dont let the media fool you, the Packers are just as good if not better than the Cowboys.

With all that being said..... I hope the media will continue to slobber all over the Cowboys.... so we can show up in three weeks and show Dallas who Americas team really is

CHEESEHEAD FOR NOW........CHEESEHEAD FOR LIFE

DEATH SQUAD FAN MEMBER

TexasPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course they aren't. Besides Favre, Driver and Kampman no one outside Packers fans know who most of these guys are. Jennings is making a name for himself and Grant is starting to step up. But when you have a team full of guys who no one knows and teams with big names of course they're gonna give them more attention.

It's all about the entertainment and ratings in the end. With a team full of guys that haven't made a name for themselves yet people wont be as drawn... just yet. Lets just keep winning and leave all the off field antics to the NFL celebrities while we grow stronger and better as a team.

Just my 2 cents.

Reaction score
Meh. I'd rather we not be covered at all rather than having excessive coverage of how our players have beat the odds thus far, and end up having our young team filled with a few big egos because of the excessive media coverage.

I'm happy sitting at 8-1, let's get to the Superbowl and the Pack will get more coverage than they could've dreamed of.

irishpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dublin, Ireland, E.U., Earth, Milky Way, Universe,
I couldn't agree more mate. The Packers are not getting their credit this season for two reasons:

1-No real star players or household names, apart from the obvious.

and 2-The minute a team from a large city, or large fan base like New York or Dallas are doing well, the NFL want that team and its potential market to get full media coverage. I mean, When the Giants are doing well, that means nearly 11million people in New York will take an interest and buy a jersey. When Green Bay do well.... who cares, the state of Wisconsin already buy tons of merchandise, there really isn't anymore people to promote the team to!

In short, Money money money!

But yes, the Packers are going to the Superbowl... whatever about winning it, we'll see what magic Brett can condure on his last game on the biggest stage of American Football and American Sport in general. should be good!!! GO PACK!

Sangill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But yes, the Packers are going to the Superbowl... whatever about winning it, we'll see what magic Brett can condure on his last game on the biggest stage of American Football and American Sport in general. should be good!!! GO PACK!

Shh! Don't jinx it!

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look, Dallas went up against NYG in NY. NY were only 1 game behind Dallas and would be tied if they won. It was a huge game in deciding the division along with 2 teams atop the NFC.

On the flip side, GB faced the 3-win Minny team who have really 1 superstar talent and were playing at home. The Packers were supposed to win that game easily.

So based on the match-ups, Dallas-NY was the bigger game. That being said, the media have been gushing over Dallas all year long, while merely being surprised that GB is still doing well. The lazy 'experts' predicted that GB wouldn't even make the playoffs and instead they're one of the top teams in the NFL. It's not in their best interest to talk about how great GB is because it means they were wrong and they are not good at admitting how dumb they really are.

In the end, I'm glad we're not getting the attention from the national media. I don't want it! Give it to Dallas. Make them the great team and us the lowly Packers. I think we play better as underdogs and all that really matters is getting it done on the field.

GO PACK GO!!!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I have never seen a game won because of a power poll ranking or whom an analyst calls the best team in the conference. We have a young balanced team that gets the job done on Sunday's right now.. Personally I think it is better for the Packers to have the "talking heads" keep putting us under the Cowpokes.. it only feeds the fire for the matchup in a couple weeks.

The big thing for us, yes it is cliche, but to not overlook anyone and play it one game at a time and on Sunday's line up and beat the snot out of the guy across from you.

Point blank.. win it on the field not in the media.. leave that BS for the ego's of TO and the growing monster of an ego that Tony Romo is getting.. Wisconsin kid or not, the fame is getting to Romo, he will flame out here very quick with the time he is spending with the chicks from Hollywood...

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let them drool all over Dallas...and continue to pour a little gas on the Packers' white hot flame. This team is getting better each and every week, and I have to say, MM is showing a mastery of gameplanning that I do not think any of us anticipated. The guy has transformed this team into a hard as nails unit, that has great minds calling the shots.

Bottom line, our QB/WR s should be able to eat a suspect Dallas secondary, and our D is probably better top to bottom.

Keep it rolling.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team is getting better each and every week, and I have to say, MM is showing a mastery of gameplanning that I do not think any of us anticipated. The guy has transformed this team into a hard as nails unit, that has great minds calling the shots.

I wanted to take this point and bring it home. I don't think I've ever seen a coach improve this fast in the NFL. He is literally getting better every week. In the off-season, he worked on his flaws and turned them into strengths.

If MM doesn't get Coach of the Year, I'm going to be pissed.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
This is the type of stuff that will be hanging in the Packers locker room til the end of the season.. when we upstage the Boys in a couple of weeks... Fluky.. I give you fluky you "never played a down of football writing pencil pushing flame artist"..

MM blow it up for all the Defense, Olineman and others to see... yep keep putting us down CNNSI and ESPN... in the end we will get the last laugh.. book it.

http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/76976

Andrew Perloff said:
What does the Cowboys' ascension to the top of the NFC really mean? They're No. 1 in a group of pretenders. Their substandard conference affiliation means an inflated regular-season record and, at best, a reserved spot on the sacrificial altar come Feb. 3.

Look at today's win over the Giants? This was supposed to a statement game, but it proves nothing. New York had one victory over a winning team this season, and that was over a Redskins team that is sliding into oblivion. The Giants have to stop a real offense just once before they are part of a serious contender conversation.

Dallas' playoff path to Super Bowl XLII will be paved with mediocrity. The Packers are a fluky 8-1. How many jump balls can Green Bay's WRs come down with? The Lions are 6-3 and will probably end up 8-8. The four teams in the NFC South are barely worth mentioning. And the NFC West is even worse.

The Cowboys haven't distinguished themselves in three games against the AFC this season. Throw out their win against the irrelevant Dolphins. Dallas was outplayed by Buffalo in that last-second Monday night win. And despite Terrell Owens' postgame claims, they didn't show me any reason to believe they could beat the Patriots in a rematch of their 48-27 loss in Week 6.

The ‘Boys are a very good team. Tony Romo is peforming up to his gaudy contract and celebrity girlfriend, T.O. is playing at a Hall of Fame level and the running game is solid. But Dallas is like Farmer Ted in Sixteen Candles ... the king of the geeks. A barracuda in a pool full of NFC guppies. Problem is, the Cowboys will face a great white shark if they reach the Super Bowl.

Everyone in Dallas should be proud of the upcoming trip to Glendale, Ariz., ... and the inevitable loss, followed by the offseason drama (probably Owens-related) and the 2008 Super Bowl loser's jinx collapse.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, what a crappy article by Mr. Perloff. I've noticed that the play that is being emphasized in the national media is the would-be interception that bounced into Ruvell Martin's hands for a TD. That's the one highlight that was shown during halftime of the Sunday night game, and Colin Cowherd just mentioned it as well, as he said that it was one of those games where everything went right for the Packers. None of them has pointed out that the Packers had dominated the entire game and were leading 27-0 in the fourth quarter when that play happened.

I try not to get too irritated by this stuff, but I can't help it. As I've said before, I'm glad this is pro football, not college, so it will all be decided on the field before the season is over. We don't need to worry about polls or bowl invitations.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah greg... i agree its ****** me off too. that one VERY VERY Lucky play is the one they show over and over as if the Packers are lucky to be 8-1. And maybe we are but damnit we beat a good vikings team that beat a good Chargers team. and that one fluke catch only made it another TD.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah greg... i agree its ****** me off too. that one VERY VERY Lucky play is the one they show over and over as if the Packers are lucky to be 8-1. And maybe we are but damnit we beat a good vikings team that beat a good Chargers team. and that one fluke catch only made it another TD.

Good Vikings team? That team layed down yesterday after a good old fashined beat down. I can't even rub it in to my many Viking buddies because I feel sorry for them.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let them drool all over Dallas...and continue to pour a little gas on the Packers' white hot flame. This team is getting better each and every week, and I have to say, MM is showing a mastery of gameplanning that I do not think any of us anticipated. The guy has transformed this team into a hard as nails unit, that has great minds calling the shots.

Bottom line, our QB/WR s should be able to eat a suspect Dallas secondary, and our D is probably better top to bottom.

Keep it rolling.

Yup.

The FACTS are this. The Green Bay Packers HIT harder, they play extremely FOCUSED on the road, and, the Boy's will be a little to comfy playing their third straight at home which is MUCH harder to get up for then having just gotten back to their own turf.

We, like NE, have way to much offense for them and I just don't see them being able to stop us. The Giants, with Manning and his WR's, cannot touch ours and I truly believe we could have stayed point for point with them offensively watching that game.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People don't know the Pack because their a quiet team in a small market that minds their own business. We have star power ON THE FIELD. We just don't have it off the field which is fine by me.

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey.... the way i see it is this, let the media ****** go down on the cowboys...... the pack is for real and will prove it to the world soon

packman31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aikman

Listening to Aikman after the dallas game saying that dallas has set themselfs apart from the rest of the nfc. He gives Greenbay no credit it's like new england and dallas are it and there is everybody else.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if you look at the one loss then people probably give more credit to the Cowboys because they lost to the Patriots and we lost to the Bears. I still like this underdog treatment though, because if people say you are the 2nd best in the NFC, then that is still freaking good. We are lucky to be Packer fans right now! Life is good :)

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aikman

Last week you guys praised him for praising the Packers.

Stop being so whiny. It's better to not get credit, that way you can shove it in everybody's faces. Besides, Brett Favre gets an unlimited amount of facetime--and the rest of the fans find it annoying.

Enjoy what you have.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aikman

I heard him. I have to say when you look at all the numbers there is no way you can clearly put the Boys in front of us. It's as close as it gets and I doubt there are two teams with the same record so close together in most of the key catagories.

We allow fewer points (ranked 2nd to their 22nd) and they gain more yards rushing (10th to 32nd). Other than a spread in these areas the two teams are remarkably close in almost all of the other areas.

I wonder if Aikman goes that far out if he had watched the Packer game. I have my doubts and I certainly wouldn't hang my hat on a victory over the Giants because before the season is over I think they will prove they aren't that good.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
With all due credit to the "media," several sources have us rated above the Cowboys in their power rankings. I don't know about CNN and such, as I try not to pay attention to those, but about half of the sports analyses like the packers, especially with a developing run game. That was the main reason we weren't getting much love, which is somewhat understandable. .