1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers still are confident in Collins

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

2. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    People were concerned about Collins? This is news?

3. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would think that with all the problems we have on defense, Collins is not anywhere near the top of the list.

4. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, no way Collins is the last thing in the definsive backfield that we need to worry about.

5. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Collins has been struggling. More so than Harris and Woodson. People are fast to blame Woodson for some of the mistakes but it's Collins how doesn't close and help Woodson. The safties are the weak point of the defense and then I would rank Poppinga next.

If I had to go with just players, Collins would be #3 behind Manuel and Poppinga right now.

With that said Collins has shown he can get the job done. So this could just be a slump right now. Out of all our problems I think Collins has the best chance to work his way out of that list and I think he will.

6. MajicMan

MajicMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know. Maybe this is simplistic, but our D seems to go up or down depending on the pass-rush. I'm not saying we need Kampman to go crazy in order to hang in there, but when Kampman isn't at least pressuring the QB, there's nothing...Well, except on those rare plays Jenkins or Williams gets in there...

Bottom-line, there's too much time. More consistent pressure, please. This secondary needs help...It can be fine, if it gets it.

7. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Collins is a pretty average safety. He hasn't shown me anything at all really.

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Think ppl are harder on Woodson instead of Collins because of the expectations and contract Woodson got?
    Somewhat similar to what happened with Ahmad Carroll? He should have been taken in third rd if not later, but since he was a first rd pick ppl expect him to be as good as Chris Gamble.

9. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :agree:

10. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Average vs the pass maybe. Maybe a bit below average even.

But against the run he's awesome. If the opposing team ran and never passed he would make the Pro Bowl.

11. Lare

Lare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Packers are still confident in Collins? I suppose they are also still confident in Woodson, Barnett, Poppinga, Harris, Davis, Manuel, Tauscher, Clifton, Franks, Henderson, Green, Martin and Ferguson.

If even half of these guys were producing we probably wouldn't be at 1-2.

12. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I see the population in negativille is increasing.

13. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What's the population in Homerville?

Or Truthville?

14. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    For someone who was banned and should still be banned you sure do like to try an make more out of nothing don't ya?

which were you again? TomAllen? Boyd? or was it P@ck66? Or is it D all the above?

To show respect to your questions, homerville has 4,200,493 and truthville has 6,032,490. Have a nice day.

15. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree. As far as these first 3 games go Woodson has been on the same level of Harris. Both of them need to step it up but it's not like Woodson is the cause of the problem. Frankly I think its' the safties right now.

I agree that Green Bay needs a pass rush but when you think about it every team needs a pass rush. You can have Deion Sanders and Darrell Green at CB and if the QB has all day to throw he'll find the open guy.

16. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know what kind of slander you're trying to lay on me Zero, but I have one question for you?

What's the population of Hooterville?

(Anyone? 4Packgirl?)

(Grrrrrrrr...)

17. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I don't know, but lets get there and find out!! lol ... always a good time with hooters!! :)