Packers sitting at 7 and 1

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has it occured to anyone that we are one win away from matching the same ammount of wins that we had last year? No matter what bad things I, or anyone else has to say about MM. Ya gotta love him for getting this team where they are sitting at this exact moment!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has it occured to anyone that we are one win away from matching the same ammount of wins that we had last year? No matter what bad things I, or anyone else has to say about MM. Ya gotta love him for getting this team where they are sitting at this exact moment!

I have to give props to MM.

Last year, MM was HORRIBLE at half-time adjustments. Now, they're one of this strong suits.

Last year, I questioned MM's playcalling constantly. Now, I get defensive of it because a lot of folks say he's too aggressive. I'd rather be too aggressive than too passive. For example, against the Chiefs, people complained that he went out there right before halftime and tried to get another 3 points. Instead, it blew up in our faces when Favre got picked off and the Chiefs went into the half with the lead. Bad playcalling? No, not at all. I would have done the same thing. It's just it didn't turn out how we wanted it to.

So yeah, MM's doing a fine job and as a hard-core Packer fan, I'm proud of our coach. 8)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This season has been great. Hopefully it gets better. It's been a while since I've had this kind of fun watching football.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:

I have to give props to MM.

Last year, MM was HORRIBLE at half-time adjustments. Now, they're one of this strong suits.

Last year, I questioned MM's playcalling constantly. Now, I get defensive of it because a lot of folks say he's too aggressive. I'd rather be too aggressive than too passive. For example, against the Chiefs, people complained that he went out there right before halftime and tried to get another 3 points. Instead, it blew up in our faces when Favre got picked off and the Chiefs went into the half with the lead. Bad playcalling? No, not at all. I would have done the same thing. It's just it didn't turn out how we wanted it to.

So yeah, MM's doing a fine job and as a hard-core Packer fan, I'm proud of our coach. 8)

I hate MM... He ruined my 16-0 season.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Yes after the hire and looking at MM success or questionable success it was a question mark.. but he is answering those questions with resounding success, and the best part he seems to be growing alot with the team.

He has been impressive on the field and off it with handle the media and players..

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has it occured to anyone that we are one win away from matching the same ammount of wins that we had last year?

Nope, too busy thinking about offseason options!

Just kidding. My prediction for the year was 10-6, and boy does it look like I am going to be wrong wrong wrong, and I love it!

TT\MM seem to be getting the team how they want it, the players are talented and buying in. It's a good time right now.

Reaction score
I think the most impressive thing about this 7-1 team is that it hasn't played it's best football yet.

There are still areas for improvement, and we're missing a couple of starters like Coston, Collins and key back-ups like Bubba.

This team still has so much room for growth, and that is what truly excites me about this season. I expect this team to cut down on some of the errors (namely penalties) that we've seen lately, and play better football (not to say they aren't playing good football already).

Pack93z

Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Get Down ON Your Knees..........

And Thank The Man Who Hired Him.
R.P.

Oh Boy.. and talking about the offseason is opening the door for TT discussion..

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Get Down ON Your Knees..........

And Thank The Man Who Hired Him.
R.P.

Oh Boy.. and talking about the offseason is opening the door for TT discussion..

lol i saw GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES........

got a little worried what i was going to read next lol

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best part about this team is they haven't even hit their stride yet. Right now they are winning by playing good football and I think they are one big win away from playing great football, they have showed signs of a great football team this year like the first half of the bears game, but they haven't been able to do it for a whole game and I think that is coming very soon starting with the Thanksgiving Day game. Don't get me wrong I love this 7-1 Sh$t but I think it's going to get even better, by December the Packers will have proven themselves to be the best team in the NFC GO PACK GO

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most people see this year as a huge improvement over last year but I think the main difference is we have a team that gets it done in the 4th Q. Last year we could of easily been 10-6 but instead we found ways to screw up games. Brett and these kids seems to be a good mix right now

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most people see this year as a huge improvement over last year but I think the main difference is we have a team that gets it done in the 4th Q. Last year we could of easily been 10-6 but instead we found ways to screw up games. Brett and these kids seems to be a good mix right now

i was thinking the same thing today....w elost that saints game on the last drive, the st luis game we had in the bag until favre fumbled with 15 seconds at the 4 yards line......we coulve easily been 11-5

Droptine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am having more fun this year watching the Pack than I did in 96 & 97, when I just expected them to win. I think Favre is keeping the youngins' grounded and not letting the hype distract them.
Droptine

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM is doing a great job. I really wanted Bates to have a shot at HC, but TT made the right choice.

I predicted the Packers would win 9 games, now we may win out. those two Thursday games against the lions and cowboys are going to be tough. WE win those two games I'll be jumping on the Super Bowl or Bust bandwagon.

The chemistry between #4 and hid trio of WR, plus Lee playing well, are a couple keys to this winning streak.

#74 on defense, KGB, Hawk, Barnett, and Harris & Woodson have been great.

Packers main weakness is our nickel back & S. Bigby is solid in the running game, but most mobile TE like Whitten of Dallas, are just going to own Poppinga & Bigby. To me, Bigby looks real stiff when he plays.

If a team has a solid slot WR, & a mobile TE , that team will give the packers some problems.

I think we can probably go 14-2. I think we will lose 1 of those Thurs. games.
I think we will lose to Detroit & beat Dallas and win out.

Face Dallas in NFC Championship, we lose b/c Whitten just can not be stopped.

#4 does come back, and TT gets M. Turner in a Packer uni next year.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM is doing a great job. I really wanted Bates to have a shot at HC, but TT made the right choice.

I predicted the Packers would win 9 games, now we may win out. those two Thursday games against the lions and cowboys are going to be tough. WE win those two games I'll be jumping on the Super Bowl or Bust bandwagon.

The chemistry between #4 and hid trio of WR, plus Lee playing well, are a couple keys to this winning streak.

Packers main weakness is our nickel back & S. Bigby is solid in the running game, but most mobile TE like Whitten of Dallas, are just going to own Poppinga & Bigby. To me, Bigby looks real stiff when he plays.

If a team has a solid slot WR, & a mobile TE , that team will give the packers some problems.

I think that part of covering the TE woes we have are related to the schemes. Every defense has a little crack in it somewhere that shows up and Bates defense which definately influences what we are doing burdens the LB's with much responsibility and most certainly leaves room for the TE to do well.

Interestingly, good opposing TE's have hurt us in just about every game but we still WIN THE GAME. I think that what these schemes allows our players to do WELL outweighs the pitfalls of not being able to cover the opposing TE very good.

If our defense takes care of the other players on the field and keeps the balance of the offensive weapons from hurting us too badly we can overcome a big game from the TE.

PS. We will beat Detroit. The only teams they can beat cannot get to the QB. They are one of the worst in allowing sacks and that is NOT a good matchup when playing us.

Their QB's gonna get busted by our boys.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Excellent post, except disagree on one point. I don't think we need an RB. I think we need either better Guards, or our OL to step up and open up some ****** holes for our RBs. We do that, we have a good shot next year of winning the big one.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In approximately 73 hours change the title to this thread to the Packers sitting at 7 and 2.

Pack93z

Reaction score
In approximately 73 hours change the title to this thread to the Packers sitting at 7 and 2.

Started the tailgating a wee early? :p

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
About the TE, one thing I will say is that I trust the coaching staff to be creative and shut opposing TEs down.

For example, against the Chiefs the Packers were using Kampman to press Gonzalez and disrupt him before he started his route. They're trying to throw the timing between the TE and QB off, which isn't the wrong idea.

Sanders is getting creative with trying to find a solution, and I have to think at some point he'll figure out a way to contain opposing TEs from running wild on us.

I trust in this coaching staff to figure out a solution.

Pack93z

Reaction score
all about da packers said:
About the TE, one thing I will say is that I trust the coaching staff to be creative and shut opposing TEs down.

I trust in this coaching staff to figure out a solution.

Well half way through the season and we haven't yet.. yes the chips by Kampman were a start, but until Poppinga can get a decent jam off the line and then turn his hips and run with the TE.. we will be struggling with it.. I want to see another week with Bigby over a TE.. Gonzo is a beast.. so maybe that is an unfair test.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vike4life said:

Started the tailgating a wee early? :p

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

on monday the vking faithful will be wondering what they are going to do with their top 10 pick for the second year in a row..... considering they will be 3-6.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts