Packers Signing Swearinger?

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But what is Hyde's status? If they are looking at safeties, maybe Hyde's injury is serious????? Or maybe they think we need more depth behind Burnett?

Swearinger is more of a Strong Safety type isn't he? A more athletic version of Richardson?

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with hyde down, are we down to 3 safeties? Burnett, (playing thru injuries) Dix, and Banjo?

OP
OP
JP Doyal

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Attitude aside he could be a good add on. I'm from Houston and a lot of "fans" here liked him and his intensity he brought to the game.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hyde has been no better than awful in coverage this year. Regardless of his injury status, I'm glad the Packers are looking at defensive back help.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Hyde has been no better than awful in coverage this year.
I agree, Hyde has been a disappointment on defense this season. Valuable on STs, but disappointing on D. I wonder if Gunter might be an option covering TEs (which has been Hyde's assignment at times)? I think he is physically able to do that but most probably not ready to take over Hyde's various roles mentally.

D

Deleted member 6794

Hyde was a limited participant in yesterday's practice so I don't expect his injury to be serious. So it's likely the Packers won't sign Swearinger as it would take him quite some time to get comfortable with the scheme.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is definitely a big hitter. Loves blowing people up, and we need to address the banged up sceondary somehow. Something has to be done.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Swearinger just doesn't sound like the kind of player that would want to play in GB nor would fit well in GB....of course, I am always open to a player changing its spots. :coffee:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

He is definitely a big hitter. Loves blowing people up, and we need to address the banged up sceondary somehow. Something has to be done.

The secondary has played well since Shields returned to the field, no need to add a guy not familiar with the Packers scheme.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the same time the depth in the secondary is getting thin. Hyde is showing signs that he might not be fit for the rest of the season and Randell has been on and off the injury report along with Burnett. We just need that backup guy that can stand in there if things should happen to turn south.

D

Deleted member 6794

At the same time the depth in the secondary is getting thin. Hyde is showing signs that he might not be fit for the rest of the season and Randell has been on and off the injury report along with Burnett. We just need that backup guy that can stand in there if things should happen to turn south.

Swearinger wasn't able to beat out a mediocre guy like Bradley McDougald to start for the Buccaneers and was released by them after only 10 weeks. He's for sure not talented enough to come in and help immediately without knowing the scheme.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts