Packers signed Bill Cundiff Roman wants out

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have quietly struck a deal with former Dallas kicker Billy Cundiff, but will still seek some competition for him. The Falcons have apprised Peterson, whose range is limited but who still converted 23 of 25 field-goal tries in 2005, that he can return for 2006. But they want to pay him the veteran minimum base salary and also bring in a younger (read: cheaper) kicker to go head-to-head in training camp for the job. There's no telling what the Patriots will do, but they visited with Edinger this week, and have maintained a dialogue with agent Ken Harris.

ekkk don't like that signing..

Mark Roman started all 16 games for the Green Bay Packers at strong safety in 2005, and played pretty well, with 105 tackles, two interceptions, eight passes defensed and two fumble recoveries. But don't look for the six-year veteran to return to the Packers for the '06 campaign. Roman is less than thrilled that the Packers signed unrestricted free agent Marquand Manuel, who spent the last two seasons in Seattle, to a five-year, $10 million contract. Roman skipped the first week of the Green Bay offseason workouts and, while he hasn't gone public with his grievances, would prefer to be traded or released.

The addition of Manuel, and the presence of second-year veteran Nick Collins, who had a very nice freshman season at free safety in 2005, means Roman is the No. 3 safety, at best, on the roster. And he feels he can go somewhere else and start.

Not surprised at all...

My Source ESPN's Len Pasquerelli

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good post, porky

well at least we have a kicker now, and will probably bring in competition (like we are doing with Sander).

Not too bad. let the best kicker win.

AND bye-bye Mark Roman! Hes not even worth a 7th rounder, is he?

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cundiff was pretty good in 2003 & 2004. He missed much of last year with an injury, although he did kick a 56 yarder.

As for Roman, who wants a guy who doesn't even want to compete for a job? Does he think he's so good he shouldn't have competition?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
route25 said:
Cundiff was pretty good in 2003 & 2004. He missed much of last year with an injury, although he did kick a 56 yarder.

As for Roman, who wants a guy who doesn't even want to compete for a job? Does he think he's so good he shouldn't have competition?

Cundiff is bleh.

as for Roman acting uppity, thats pretty comical. not playing like **** doesn't warrant that behavior. he had an average year at best...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He turns 26 on march 30th.

Hes a young man, let him come,compete, work with our NEW Special Teams coach...

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let the "least crappy kicker" win. LOL.

Josh Brown please. Get on it TT. I hope SI is right. A solid young option.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Roman can leave...but we will need another safety, all we have is Underwood behind the starters, unless Hawkins will move over

Cundiff...hey it could be Edinger

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cundiff SUCK$ what are you guys smoking he is Bad the Cowgirls had 3, yes 3 f@cking kickers last year and they understood the hard way that a good one is important if you want to win.

No wonder why the cowgirls and the colts signed the two good ones around,

I am really pi$$ed of with thightward Ted he really $ucks we will learn next year how important it is to have a good kicker just how we learnt how important a good punter is..

We should get another GM and let the best man win, I bet TT will loose..

Man I am mad about this..

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calm down Chamuko, or at least watch your language.

Roman has not said anything. Porky where did you get the quote on Roman? Some person quoting the opinion of the MSJ?
Don't confuse opinion with fact. How do we know Roman is mad other than a speculation by the MSJ?

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And thats why nobody at fanfest cared about roman. He was put in the childrens autograph area and when he was playing a video game witha kid there was like nobody around.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
I am really pi$$ed of with thightward Ted he really $ucks we will learn next year how important it is to have a good kicker just how we learnt how important a good punter is..

hahaha. yeah, i bet TT's pissed that Roman won't compete for his job, but ask Ted to compete for HIS job and i bet you here a different story. hahaha.

and PS. Cunduff does suck. longwell might not be flashy or have a huge leg, but he was consistent, and we're gonna miss him. and to think, if he liked Applebee's, his departure could have been avoided.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Cundiff SUCK$ what are you guys smoking he is Bad the Cowgirls had 3, yes 3 f@cking kickers last year and they understood the hard way that a good one is important if you want to win.

No wonder why the cowgirls and the colts signed the two good ones around,

Relax, relax, don't do it, don't do it. Relax! He's gone.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Timmons said:
Why are we reviving old threads?

Why do people ask this question? Why not just ignore it if you can't figure out the reason? :shrug: i dunno either

Since it was I who brought this thread up, it was done because Cham made a claim of something he said way back when and I found the thread and ... well you take it from there bro :)

Members online

Latest posts