Packers Sign WR Francies From PS, Re-Sign WR Brewster

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers Wednesday signed wide receiver Chris Francies from their practice squad. Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson made the announcement.

In addition Wednesday, the club re-signed wide receiver Carlton Brewster to take Francies' place on the practice squad.

Francies, a 6-foot-1, 193-pound rookie out of Texas-El Paso, originally signed with the team as a non-drafted free agent this past May and spent the season's first six weeks on the practice squad. His last name is pronounced "FRAN-sis."

Francies will now wear No. 83 and Brewster has been assigned No. 19.

Fergie should go on IR or be cut!

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BREWSTER'S BACK IN TOWN!!! :jumpsmile: :jumpsmile: :thumbsup:

I graduated from the same school as him. I liked him the littel bit we had him in the preseason. He knows the offense a little and should be some help.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BREWSTER'S BACK IN TOWN!!! :jumpsmile: :jumpsmile: :thumbsup:

I graduated from the same school as him. I liked him the littel bit we had him in the preseason. He knows the offense a little and should be some help.

But he cant help us when he is on the Practice Sqaud thats why Fergie needs to go on IR or just be cut so we can try to find another Greg Jennings or someone like him who is doing super good for a rook

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why cant we just take our lumps on this guy just like we did with Carroll and a bunch of other underachievers that Sherman took. Just cut the guy already. It will happen sooner or later anyway.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not an ideal move, but it fills the holes. Maybe someone will step up and be a solid contributor for years to come.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you Tromadz, I could not have said it any better, "Not an Ideal Move".

How can you say that when you have yet to see them play in a game. Do you recall everyone b***hing that we trade Javon Walker then passed up Chad Jackson to get Greg Jennings, ya at the time many people didnt think that as an "ideal move" part of the reason was because Greg Jennings wasnt as big a name as Chad Jackson or some of the other WR's in the draft. Just like this not a big name player on our team coming in, give the kid a chance first.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brewster showed some flashes in the preseason, so I'm hopeful that he can contribute a little. I don't remember anything about Francies, though.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Brewster showed some flashes in the preseason, so I'm hopeful that he can contribute a little. I don't remember anything about Francies, though.

Brewster was signed to the practice squad so he won't be contributing soon. I guess they feel Francies can contribute, at least to the special teams.

Believe me....the more depth we lose the first place it will show up is on our special teams.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:

Why cant we just take our lumps on this guy just like we did with Carroll and a bunch of other underachievers that Sherman took. Just cut the guy already. It will happen sooner or later anyway.

I might be wrong but you can't just cut an injured player. You can release him with an injury settlement, but I'm guessing Ted will put him on IR to free up the roster spot. Not like we're going to need Fergy in the playoffs or anything...

Latest posts