Packers sign TE Jared Cook

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do find it funny that Rapaport tweeted about the Jared Cook signing exactly four minutes after Rob Demovsky tweeted his new article "The Unknown Tight End: What can Kennard Backman give the Packers?"

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If Cook signs, one less need in the first 4 rounds of the draft. Will be fun to see what Cook can do on a good team, with a FHOF QB.

Now if we hear that Karlos Dansby is on his way to GB.....we can move on to the draft.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good signing from what is left, I've been a Cook fan at the right price for sure....in the end TT is going to fill a need, potentially for the future moving forward should he regain some tread on his tires some were saying had serious skill.

(Dansby on a 1 year small contract is only other thing I am fine with us entertaining)

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've re-read the thread, and nobody has said "for the right price", so I guess it's up to me. :)

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do find it funny that Rapaport tweeted about the Jared Cook signing exactly four minutes after Rob Demovsky tweeted his new article "The Unknown Tight End: What can Kennard Backman give the Packers?"

Rob always a dollar short and a day late. I'm guessing Jared Cook finally broke down and took a deal that TT wanted. I said it in a thread a few weeks back but when the money starts to dry up and guys start getting desperate for a job, these are the results. Can't wait to see what Cook can do for this offense.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently the deal was reached last Thursday (God I love Ted LMAO), and Cook has already had talks with QB1.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT will still draft a TE. Just probably in Rounds 5-7. That pick will probably be some tweener guy we've never heard of or someone who had a great combine workout. I expect an open competition in August.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that is a sweet bit of news
he doesn't even need to be all that good
just the potential for him to make those explosive plays downfield will keep defenses honest

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

TT will still draft a TE. Just probably in Rounds 5-7. That pick will probably be some tweener guy we've never heard of or someone who had a great combine workout. I expect an open competition in August.

Cook and Rodgers are locks to make the team. The remaining positions on the roster, how many that end up being, will be up for grabs.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Jeez who ordered the wet blanket?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

that is a sweet bit of news
he doesn't even need to be all that good
just the potential for him to make those explosive plays downfield will keep defenses honest

Cook will have to make some plays though to keep defenses honest.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good signing. Cook has real deal speed and size at the position and hes never had a QB like Rodgers throwing to him.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Needs to clean up the drops because that will put him in the doghouse real quick. He's been relatively healthy hasn't he?

Yeah, Cook has been mostly healthy as he has only missed a total of five games over his seven-year career in the NFL.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Cook has been mostly healthy as he has only missed a total of five games over his seven-year career in the NFL.

Which I'm surprised he didn't have more "injuries" with some of the QB woes he dealt with lol!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts