Packers sign Tavaress King?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All the more reason to sign him. King was a pet pick of mine, and if he adds 20 lbs, he fits our prototype to a TT
I like it. He's almost identical to Donald Driver in terms of size, speed and athleticism. Not the playmaker Cobb is by any stretch, but more athletic than Jones for sure. Can he be ready to take a few snaps in the slot by Sunday? If Jones isn't back Sunday then Quarless or Finley will probably take WR3 responsibilities and he would come in on 4 WR sets, where all he really has to do is occupy a defender. If he's smart enough to get up to speed in a month or so, he could be a significant upgrade to our overall passing game after Cobb gets back.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McMillan I hope. Second choice Kuhn.
And who do you replace McMillian with? That would leave us with only 3 safeties. He's only a second year player. Remember how everyone was calling for Sharper to be cut all the time in his first 2 or 3 seasons? He turned out pretty well. Too early to give up on Nate.

That said, I think the obvious cut would be Nixon or Hill.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm happy Green Bay signed him. It more then makes up for the loss of Charles Johnson!

He was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the fifth round, 161st overall in the 2013 NFL Draft.[4]

October 14th, 2013 he was signed off the Denver Broncos practice squad by the Green Bay Packers

Where did you see that? I'm not seeing where they've actually signed him yet. I see they signed Reggie Dunn to the PS, but that's it so far. Speculation is high on King, but if you found a confirmed source I'd love to see it. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places for it.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The obvious cut would be Hill for sure. The only reason we signed him was because of the Starks, Franklin & Kuhn injury. If it weren't for that GB might have signed Charles Johnson to there active roster before losing him to Cleveland.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is typed at the bottom of the page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tavarres_King

Yeah to GB! I wanted the Packers to have 5 WR's coming out of training camp anyway. It thought that they would keep Johnson because of his upside, but King played at a much higher level of competition and is much more NFL ready. I only want to see what he can do with YAC (Yards after Contact) which I didn't see much in his highlights. A good route runner and receiver.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
It is typed at the bottom of the page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tavarres_King

Yeah to GB! I wanted the Packers to have 5 WR's coming out of training camp anyway. It thought that they would keep Johnson because of his upside, but King played at a much higher level of competition and is much more NFL ready. I only want to see what he can do with YAC (Yards after Contact) which I didn't see much in his highlights. A good route runner and receiver.
Not sure if the NFL is bound by any wiki page.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
Very true but news agencies only care about reporting the news and reporting it 1st which is how they make their money in order to get hits to their website I would guess.
Wiki doesn't report anything. Its an open access forum, not much different than this one. Any of us could go there right now and report that King just got a franchise tag in the Lingerie League.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to USA Today’s Lindsay Jones, Broncos practice squad receiver Tavarres King cleaned out his locker and may be on his way to Green Bay.

Jones asked King if he was signing with the Packers, to which he responded, “How do you know that?” According to Jones, King “ducked into the bathroom” following his response. Nothing has been reported definitively as of right now, but it certainly smells like smoke at this point.

http://jerseyal.com/GBP/2013/10/14/packers-news-injury-updates-on-perry-jones-and-cobb/

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wiki doesn't report anything. Its an open access forum, not much different than this one. Any of us could go there right now and report that King just got a franchise tag in the Lingerie League.
Best evidence is that it seems clear that he cleaned out his locker this afternoon. When asked if he signed with the Packers, he said, "How do you know that?" But he might have meant, "Where did you get that idea?" I haven't seen anything from the Packers' side yet.

He could be signing with the Patriots for all we know with Amendola injured (AGAIN).

Members online

Latest posts