Packers Sign Muir

shield4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Link Story

Daniel Muir got his start in the NFL with the Green Bay Packers, and now he’s coming back.
The Packers announced today that they have re-signed the defensive tackle.
Terms were not immediately available.
Muir entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent and played in three games as a rookie in 2007. The played for the Indianapolis Colts from 2008-11. He played in all but two games in the 2009-10 season but appeared in only four games last year.
In all, the 6-2, 312-pound Muir played in 40 games (26 starts) for the Colts.
Thoughts?

IMO good pick up for the D-line to take some reps along side Raji.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I look at this as adding some depth not necessarily fixing our pass rush. I haven't seen very much of him but his stat line looks less than impressive for a 5th year player.

I just can't wait for the draft. Mercilus or Perry. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree this is about filling out roster spots so you can have a good competition come training camp. The needs will be filled in the draft.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
What is going on with TT? Signs Saturday and Muir??? Is he sick or what?

Thought Muir kinda sucked with the Colts but keep in mind our coaches post Dungy were pretty iffy.....

Saturday is a good pick up though for the Pack.

D

Dan115

Thought Muir kinda sucked with the Colts but keep in mind our coaches post Dungy were pretty iffy.....

Saturday is a good pick up though for the Pack.

I am shocked TT would sign two FA's in one day. Maybe someone has kidnapped TT.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Muir has to be a low cost signing. If he works out to be a rotational guy, great. If not, it shouldn’t hurt the Packers cap wise to waive him. I hope Thompson isn’t done. I heard on the radio that there were more free agents available at the start of the UFA period this season than ever before. If true, the cap being flat two seasons after an uncapped year probably has a lot to do with that. I hope Thompson makes at least one more signing on the defensive side of the ball. If he does and if (keep your fingers crossed) Collins comes back…

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I look at this as adding some depth not necessarily fixing our pass rush. I haven't seen very much of him but his stat line looks less than impressive for a 5th year player.

I just can't wait for the draft. Mercilus or Perry. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't forget Poe from Memphis. I doubt he'll fall to 28 but I wouldn't be offended if he did. The man is a beast

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Muir is a depth/camp guy like Wynn and Wilson...between the three of them, Howard Green and potential draft pick(s) he very well might not make it through camp.

Nothing to get excited about here IMO, as we already have the likes of him two times over on the roster.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget Poe from Memphis. I doubt he'll fall to 28 but I wouldn't be offended if he did. The man is a beast

Poe is almost a sure thing to go before #28. The guy I'm hoping will still be there is Michael Brockers. He's a little raw but his upside is very high from what I have read. He could really help generate the push we need as a DT/DE.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poe is almost a sure thing to go before #28. The guy I'm hoping will still be there is Michael Brockers. He's a little raw but his upside is very high from what I have read. He could really help generate the push we need as a DT/DE.
Chances are he won't be there but there's always that chance

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Muir was a good player for Green Bay in 2007, and I wasn't happy when we let him go. I think that he'll just make the Packers roster but will be a good bench player. He won't be another Cullen Jenkins, but in a way, he's similar to Jenkins in stature and style of play - just not as good. Then again, it took Jenkins until his 4th and 5th seasons to really start proving his worth.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts