Packers sign ILB Jordan Tripp

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you ever seen him play?

Yes, I have actually. I watched a ton of tape on him during last years draft. He was basically touted for having good football instincts, but lacked athleticism. That's exactly what I saw and if you put on the UCLA tape, he even lacked instincts at times. There are multiple reasons why he fell to the 7th round and couldn't make the Browns team.

OP
OP
A

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The names Tony Mandarich or Kyrie Thornton ring a bell?
Did Kyhri Thornton have 23+ tackles for loss in a college season but next season suffer significant knee injury causing his draft status to fall? No I believe Thornton was a very very average College player with lots of warning signes about Motor, Attitude etc. Who ended up being drafted way too high did nothing even close to flash talent in GB and ended up being a bust. Where's the comparison?

OP
OP
A

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I have actually. I watched a ton of tape on him during last years draft. He was basically touted for having good football instincts, but lacked athleticism. That's exactly what I saw and if you put on the UCLA tape, he even lacked instincts at times. There are multiple reasons why he fell to the 7th round and couldn't make the Browns team.
Incredible football instincts without a doubt. Did he have badgames, yes. But most the time he had a nose for the ball and seemed to always hit ball carrier in the backfield...All I'm saying is watch him get a chance in Arizona in these last 3 games and some may be surprised!

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uh, he's a big guy who can tackle who has good speed and athleticism numbers. He'll probably be a special teamer and a last possible line of defense at ILB if everyone including Burnett can't play there. I don't know why anyone would freak out about this. If something changes he could be cut tomorrow. The bottom of the roster doesn't matter all that much folks.

D

Deleted member 6794

Uh, he's a big guy who can tackle who has good speed and athleticism numbers. He'll probably be a special teamer and a last possible line of defense at ILB if everyone including Burnett can't play there. I don't know why anyone would freak out about this. If something changes he could be cut tomorrow. The bottom of the roster doesn't matter all that much folks.

I haven't seen anyone freaking out about the Packers signing Tripp but I don't expect much impact out of him either.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It was a Packer move. This is a Packer forum. Please let us know when something IS important, so we can discuss it here. Thanks.

OP
OP
A

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think I read that Blake las limited at practice. Wonder if staff would rather let him come back fully healthy vs Vikings or is he close enough to play this Sunday?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Think I read that Blake las limited at practice. Wonder if staff would rather let him come back fully healthy vs Vikings or is he close enough to play this Sunday?

I doubt we will see Martinez Sunday. With the predicted weather, the last update on his progress and the game being against a not so good team, no reason to rush him back.

D

Deleted member 6794

I doubt we will see Martinez Sunday. With the predicted weather, the last update on his progress and the game being against a not so good team, no reason to rush him back.

So was the Seahawks game, but we managed without him.

Martinez didn't suffer a muscle injury but a knee sprain therefore I don't believe the weather has any affect on him playing on Sunday.

While you're right about the Packers defense managing the Seahawks without him the Bears play a different kind of offense predicated on the run. Therefore I would prefer to have Ryan and Martinez line up at inside linebacker over Thomas and Burnett.