Packers sign ILB Joe Thomas to active roster

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6794

The undrafted free agent out of South Carolina State spent training camp with the team.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hmmm, interesting, he was on the Cowboys PS huh? Wonder if hes taking Boyd's spot on the 53? Boyd to IR? Or?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Boyd is gone. The MRI revealed some additional ligament damage. I like Joe Thomas. Good to see him back over calling up Bradford.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
It makes sense. Before signing Thomas, they only had Matthews, Palmer, and Ryan at ILB. I think his taking Boyd's spot on the roster is a good guess.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure hope it isn't Gunter. I think there is a d lineman....that guy from Purdue. I don't remember his name.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Boyd was officially put on IR.

Good to have Thomas back, although I would have preferred more veteran experience at ILB, Palmer did ok last night.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I also prefer they have Lane Taylor give up his spot for Guion. IMO Gaston showed some potential and I'd rather not risk losing him to another team. Taylor apparently improved this season but going into his third season I think we know more about him. And the Packers do have Tretter and Walker (both of whom I like better and are more versatile than Taylor) but they may want to keep Taylor as insurance until Bulaga gets back.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts