Packers Sign Free Agent G Mookie Moore.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers Thursday signed free agent guard Michael 'Mookie Moore. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, announced the signing.

Moore, a 6-foot-2, 318-pound player out of Troy State, is a sixth-year veteran who previously has spent time with three organizations. Originally selected by the Washington Redskins in the fourth round of the 2000 NFL Draft, Moore played in five games, including one start, during his rookie season.

He spent the next two seasons with the Denver Broncos before signing with the Atlanta Falcons in 2003. Moore started the season opener in 2004 but was placed on I.R. on Sept. 4 with a shoulder injury. He subsequently was waived on Sept. 9.

In 1999, the Fayette, Ala., native started all 11 games at left tackle at Troy State. He played three seasons at right guard at Alabama before the transfer.

Moore has been assigned No. 57.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sounds familiar with the scheme.

forget about him starting\backingup\practice squadding....

we signed him cuz his name is awesome.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...and you can never have too many Mookies. I remember Mookie Wilson, outfielder and leadoff hitter for the New York Mets back in the 80's. He must've inspired a whole generation of boys nicknamed Mookie.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can hear it now- "Davenport on the Packer sweep around the right side for a 6-yard gain. Yes Packer fans, another great play by Mookie, Dookey and Spitz!!!"

Members online

Latest posts