Packers Sign cornerback Williams

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers Wednesday signed cornerback Tramon Williams to return their practice squad to eight players. Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson announced the signing.

Williams, a 5-foot-11, 182-pound rookie out of Louisiana Tech, originally signed as a non-drafted free agent with the Texans before Houston released him in its final preseason roster reduction. His first name is pronounced trah-MAHN.

http://packers.com/news/releases/2006/11/29/1/

gbfan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do we keep picking up these rookies? There has got to be a veteran out there that can maybe actually help us, atleast be a little bit better than Patrick Dendy. He was picked on alot on monday and has not been all that impressive this year.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Why do we keep picking up these rookies? There has got to be a veteran out there that can maybe actually help us, atleast be a little bit better than Patrick Dendy. He was picked on alot on monday and has not been all that impressive this year.

If we were picking up veterans people would ***** "why do we keep picking up these journeymen who no one else wants an have failed everywhere else"

You asked why. Your answer is this. To find talent at low cost hoping to find a diamond in the rough. You have a set amount of players you are allotted therefore you fill them up.

I hope this helps bud :)

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we pick up the rookies to add younger and younger talent to our team. TT is trying to hit lighning in a bottle with some of these signing. These are low risk, high reward pick ups. Let's see what happens

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we pick up the rookies to add younger and younger talent to our team. TT is trying to hit lighning in a bottle with some of these signing. These are low risk, high reward pick ups. Let's see what happens

Name me one low risk- high reward player that Teddy has signed.
Lightening does not come in a bottle.
I have seen enough of Teddy being in over his head.

I will say this again:
Teddy did not build a Super Bowl team in Seattle!
Teddy was nothing more than a glorified scout with a fancy title!
Teddy never made a draft choice, never signed a draft choice, never picked up a free agent and never signed any player to a contract.

As we can see with Manuel, who is a waste of a uniform, and with his abuse of the O-line where it all starts, Teddy has hurt the Green bay Packers from day one.

And the slide continues!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As we can see with Manuel, who is a waste of a uniform, and with his abuse of the O-line where it all starts, Teddy has hurt the Green bay Packers from day one.

And the slide continues!

First off the abuse of the o-line goes back to the cap situations GB was in. If GB had the money they would of kept Wahle. Instead keeping Wahle would of put GB in a tight spot in terms of cap room. T.T. chose the cap over Wahle which isn't a bad move. Ted Thompson was not the reason why GB didn’t have cap at that time.

Also name me one team who has 3 rookie offensive lineman that have came in and all played well over the course of the season. They've had their bumps in the road and will continue to do so but this offensive line has exceeded expectations with 3 rookies. I’m sure they’ll improve over the course of their career.

Marquand Manuel has been a bust of a signing but is that the only move he made or the only move you will look at?

Ryan Pickett has been very solid for us and is having a good season. Keeping Aaron Kampman has turned out to be a right move and there were a lot of people who felt Kampman wasn't worth that kind of money. Charles Woodson leads the team in INT's and is playing solid. He might not be worth that kind of money but everyone overpays for a player of Woodson's caliber. Seeing him out there alone over Carroll was a success.

2 for 3 isn't that bad on your big moves of the off season. The rookies are playing well but keep in mind they are rookies. Judge them in a year or two. Not many rookies come in and make the Pro Bowl right away.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The problem with seeing what happens with rookies is this. Nothing useually happens. Im not saying we need to go out and get some very old players who are past their day. But someone young and yet somewhat proven.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Why do we keep picking up these rookies?"

Because he is headed to the friggin practice squad!! Not like he is pegged as a top reserve starting this week. Jesus, man......you cannot put vets on the practice squad....get it?

Latest posts