Packers Sign CB/KR Tremon Smith

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This kid could turn out to be a very valuable player. Certainly gifted, regarded as one of the best CBs in FBS out of Central Arkansas. 6-0 190 with 4.32 speed - Tied 3 other CBs at Combine at 4.32, but was tallest.

146 Tackles
53 PDs
15 INT
9 TFL
2 FF

2 years experience as a PR with
39 for 295 yds and 1 TD.
Very accomplished DB.

I REALLY like this addition. The “value” is in signing this level of talent for free off the waiver wire. Honestly can’t believe that. Well versed in straight man coverage.

Recognized by the Pro Football Writers of America as one of top rookies on STs as a KR last year.

Had a 97 yd Kick Return last year against the Patriots. Top 3 in NFL last year for KR with 33 for 886 yds and a 26.6 yd average.

Competitive, durable, aggressive, excels in man, nickel/slot cover 1 & cover 2. Has never missed a game due to injury.

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holy cats! I didn't know anything about this kid, but sounds like he could be a pretty good one.
Maybe Trevor Davis should be getting a little nervous?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From his Scouting Report

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...8-scouting-report-for-kansas-city-chiefs-pick

POSITIVES

—Well-built, versatile athlete who also made an impact as a punt returner.

—Notched 12 INTs in three years as a starter, dominating the lower level of competition.

—Played straight man coverage and erased one side of the field at Central Arkansas.

—Has the speed to run downfield with vertical receivers and the size (6'0", 190 lbs) to challenge on 50-50 balls.

—Attacks when the ball is in the air.

NEGATIVES

—Hasn't been challenged by top-tier athletes or players.

—Super aggressive, which worked with his athleticism at the FCS level but will be exposed by better route-runners.

—Long strider will struggle with transitions on breaking routes or shallow crossers.

—Needs to learn timing and technique on hip turns and how to chop his feet.

OVERALL

Tremon Smith looks the part and is an active, aggressive cornerback prospect, but he's raw in terms of coverage and awareness. A team willing to be patient could get a steal in the late rounds if it can tap into his skill set and teach him patience and technique. With how well he tested, Smith could go earlier than we project.

GRADE: 5.99 (Round 4)

PRO PLAYER COMPARISON: Brandon Williams, Arizona Cardinals

OP
OP
greengold

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s SHOCKING to me that this kid, who is that versatile and fast, with a stellar resume and stats, durable as F, clocked at 4.30, was just there for us. FREE! Sounds like a good kid too, and right off the Gutekunst athleticism tree.

The knock on him, according to Al Harris, was that he was “too fast.” Needs to slow his play down a bit.

Again, I’m amazed at this, especially considering what PIT gave up for Fitz.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is one of those waiver grabs that just don't happen much. A bonafide contributor (not STUD yet, but contributor) with youth and a ceiling I don't think anyone knows for certain yet. Like it.

Members online

Latest posts