Packers sign cb Beene Benwikere

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't be any worse than what we have. He gave up 300 to Julio earlier this year...but I'm sure Gunter is capable of giving up just as much without help so....

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't Dee Milliner available? He had a rough start with the Jets and was cut because he was hurt a lot. But as a former first rounder who's in his early twenties with 4.4 speed is he not worth a look?

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't Dee Milliner available? He had a rough start with the Jets and was cut because he was hurt a lot. But as a former first rounder who's in his early twenties with 4.4 speed is he not worth a look?

Hard to not wonder about guys like that. Justin Gilbert is another guy that's just kinda confusing. Top 10 pick drafted by the Browns (poor guy), didn't really have many opportunities but played decently, and then for whatever reason, the Browns trade him after a year or two for a 6th round pick.

Maybe I'm just too optimistic, but I gotta think that guys judged as top-10 talents, if allowed to grow on a decent team, could improve a lot and are very worth taking small risks to acquire.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to not wonder about guys like that. Justin Gilbert is another guy that's just kinda confusing. Top 10 pick drafted by the Browns (poor guy), didn't really have many opportunities but played decently, and then for whatever reason, the Browns trade him after a year or two for a 6th round pick.

Maybe I'm just too optimistic, but I gotta think that guys judged as top-10 talents, if allowed to grow on a decent team, could improve a lot and are very worth taking small risks to acquire.

EXACTLY my point. Milliner can't be that bad as ti where he can't get s job in Green Bay.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

cheap too............ CBs are expensive.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm all about this move. It's obviously not for this year, but I was hoping we'd bring him in earlier. He was great in 2014, but had conditioning problems after he broke his leg. If we can get him to turn it around and play like he did in 2014, it's a steal for next year.

I love bringing in players that were high draft picks or had decent seasons at one point to see if we can turn them back around. Especially when it's a position of need. After all, this is what Belichick does and it works out quite well.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm all about this move. It's obviously not for this year, but I was hoping we'd bring him in earlier. He was great in 2014, but had conditioning problems after he broke his leg. If we can get him to turn it around and play like he did in 2014, it's a steal for next year.

I love bringing in players that were high draft picks or had decent seasons at one point to see if we can turn them back around. Especially when it's a position of need. After all, this is what Belichick does and it works out quite well.

Can't compare TT and the Packers to BB and the Patsies when it comes to player acquisition at all. If the Patsies needed a corner I can almost guarantee you they would have traded for Joe Hayden ...or signed Cromartie. If TT needs a player?? he will pick every player off the practice squad or another teams practice squad before he looks elsewhere. This is a perfect example. If the Packers don't win Sunday and get shredded then I will blame it on TT. I would actually give Capers a pass because it's not his fault that he's ask to make ribeye steak with Chuck ground beef.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't compare TT and the Packers to BB and the Patsies when it comes to player acquisition at all. If the Patsies needed a corner I can almost guarantee you they would have traded for Joe Hayden ...or signed Cromartie. If TT needs a player?? he will pick every player off the practice squad or another teams practice squad before he looks elsewhere. This is a perfect example. If the Packers don't win Sunday and get shredded then I will blame it on TT. I would actually give Capers a pass because it's not his fault that he's ask to make ribeye steak with Chuck ground beef.
They sign them for 1 year, and then they get a 3rd round comp pick for losing them!?!?

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm not comparing them at all. What I was saying is that I'm all for giving players that were a high draft pick or had good seasons a chance here in Green Bay. The reason I brought BB into it was because the Pats are one of the best teams at acquiring unwanted talent and turning them around. If we can start doing that somewhat efficiently, it would be awesome.

I'm not saying we can be as successful as BB and company, but we should start trying to bring cheaper throwaways in and see what we can do with them.

Again, BB is really good at identifying players that people have given up on and turned them into starters if not stars. I would not be opposed to trying something similar. Hell, it seems to have worked with Cook.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Again, BB is really good at identifying players that people have given up on and turned them into starters if not stars. I would not be opposed to trying something similar. Hell, it seems to have worked with Cook.
I think it worked out pretty good at punter this season also. Schum averaged 55 yards a punt last game with the one TB being a 65 yarder that bounced out the back of the endzone. Somebody likes domes.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it worked out pretty good at punter this season also. Schum averaged 55 yards a punt last game with the one TB being a 65 yarder that bounced out the back of the endzone. Somebody likes domes.

Absolutely! Didn't look great in the beginning, but man did he turn it around.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I live about an hour away from Stillwater where Gilbert played collegiate ball. Just like Justin Blackmon the kid is never going to figure it out. When he was drafted so high I thought it perfectly fitting it was none other than the Browns that chose him. His work ethic is non existent. He's a malcontent and not a guy you want in the locker room. I'm all for second chances but at this point the dye has been cast. I'd rather have TBuck at his current age than this kid. Sad to see wasted talent because this kid had star written all over him. He even had a pro's pro to learn under in Joe Haden. No thanks.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Man we talkin about a punter??!! Not a corner, not a nose tackle..but a punter. Guys who don't go out there game in ...game , out and put their lives on the line. We talkin about a punter!! A punter!!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Man we talkin about a punter??!! Not a corner, not a nose tackle..but a punter. Guys who don't go out there game in ...game , out and put their lives on the line. We talkin about a punter!! A punter!!
Yeah and not only that but the punter you've been dissing every time you think of it all season long. :p:p:p

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Word on the street is the Giants are planning to release Dominique Rogers Cromartie in the off season to clear some cap space. They signed Jenkins to a huge deal, and Eli Apple is a former first round pick who's ready to step into that #2 slot... plus they have a ton of money tied into Vernon, and Collins will get a huge payday after next season. DRC is still young and he's a gifted athlete with 4.3 speed and over 6 feet tall. This is definitely the type of guy to man the corner that TT should go after. I'm sure Shields will be released so tie some of that money into DRC. He's a versatile corner who can play on the outside or the inside. Not to many corners can do that. Not only like that..he can run with any wr in the NFL and won't get handled by bigger WRs. This then allows the need for another pass rusher or RB to be taken in the first.

Reaction score
I sometimes wonder with the kicker/punter if the ball feels as though it travels easy in a 70 degrees dome
after being outside in 12 degrees with a 2 degree windchill factor. Jacob had an incredible game except for the punt that he overextended into the Enzone as you mentioned.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Word on the street is the Giants are planning to release Dominique Rogers Cromartie in the off season to clear some cap space. They signed Jenkins to a huge deal, and Eli Apple is a former first round pick who's ready to step into that #2 slot... plus they have a ton of money tied into Vernon, and Collins will get a huge payday after next season. DRC is still young and he's a gifted athlete with 4.3 speed and over 6 feet tall. This is definitely the type of guy to man the corner that TT should go after. I'm sure Shields will be released so tie some of that money into DRC. He's a versatile corner who can play on the outside or the inside. Not to many corners can do that. Not only like that..he can run with any wr in the NFL and won't get handled by bigger WRs. This then allows the need for another pass rusher or RB to be taken in the first.
DRC would be a fantastic signing.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He won't.

D

Deleted member 6794

Benwikere has been signed to the Packers practice squad therefore it's nearly guaranteed he won't play this season.

He had a decent rookie season in 2014 but has steadily regressed since then.

Members online

Latest posts