Packers sign Abbrederis to active roster

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best me to it. Wonder if this has more to do with not being satisfied by Janis or injury concerns with Adams.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best me to it. Wonder if this has more to do with not being satisfied by Janis or injury concerns with Adams.

I think it's a bit of both. I'm thinkin Adams might be out the next 2 games. Just to make sure he doesn't re-injure.

I don't think they are really sold on Janis. As am I, besides special team plays. He just doesn't really stand out yet as a WR.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see Gaston clearing waivers either. I like d his potential.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I heard about Abby getting snaps with the first team offense in practice this week, so no big surprise he was activated with Adams being doubtful. While Janis has all the physical tools it seems like he's not ready to produce in thePackers offense.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sounds like Janis just isn't there mentally and he will never be. This offense has so many pre snap reads and he is lost. It took Ty no time at all to figure it out. At least Janis can play ST well. Surprised they didn't IR goodson who serves no purpose on this team. Gaston added nice depth IMO.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This tells me Adam's injury is a major concern and all of a sudden the WR corps is really thin.
Sadly Abby will be out injured in short order.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If tomorrow were a playoff game I think Adams plays. They just want him 100 percent but still need some depth at WR in case anyone else goes down. 12 wants nothing to do with Janis as he is not mentally up to the task yet so this is a logical move.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see Montgomery being taken off that. I could see him taking punt returns in the not too distant future

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No reason to take them away from Hyde.
I don't think there's any reason to either, but I could still see it happening. To me, they both have natural PR ability and I'd be ok with either doing the job. But Hyde has, and probably will continue to play a lot more snaps than Abby, and this staff tends to find ways to let guys contribute they feel have earned it. I think they really like JA and would like to find a way to see if he can help this team, so in a few weeks or in situations, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets in on PR

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
He grew up in Wautoma, WI - about 60 miles due west of where I'm at. I remember him when he played in High School. Can't imagine how this guy feels about sliding on a Green Bay Packers helmet and running through that tunnel for a real NFL game. (I almost got to play there once ... in 7th grade - then we beat Fuzzy Thurston's kid's team from Neenah...so they took another team from the area that we had also already beaten - I was heartbroken)..That is why I hope this kid gets the opportunity to make his mark today -- honestly, I don't know that he's NFL caliber ... but I am pulling for this guy to get the opportunity to live out that dream - I choose to live out my dream vicariously through Abby. Just to run out in that bowl...

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow, stars really aligned for abby. didn't think he'd ever make an active gameday roster, tbh. that's pretty cool. hope he gets off the field in one piece and gets a play or two in.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He grew up in Wautoma, WI - about 60 miles due west of where I'm at. I remember him when he played in High School. Can't imagine how this guy feels about sliding on a Green Bay Packers helmet and running through that tunnel for a real NFL game. (I almost got to play there once ... in 7th grade - then we beat Fuzzy Thurston's kid's team from Neenah...so they took another team from the area that we had also already beaten - I was heartbroken)..That is why I hope this kid gets the opportunity to make his mark today -- honestly, I don't know that he's NFL caliber ... but I am pulling for this guy to get the opportunity to live out that dream - I choose to live out my dream vicariously through Abby. Just to run out in that bowl...
Hopefully he's around long enough to run out of the tunnel at Lambeau Field.
He will be running into Levi Stadium today.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

He was inactive last week and is a liability in coverage.

Goodson was inactive because of a hamstring injury last week and is doubtful to play this week. He's a core special teams player and it seemed he improved his coverage skills during camp this year and even got some snaps with the #1 defense during practice.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This just means we are most likely going to rest Adams until hes near 100%. He has an injury that is easy as hell to retweak for the time being. I suspect a solid 2-3 weeks and Adams will be good to go.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there's any reason to either, but I could still see it happening. To me, they both have natural PR ability and I'd be ok with either doing the job. But Hyde has, and probably will continue to play a lot more snaps than Abby, and this staff tends to find ways to let guys contribute they feel have earned it. I think they really like JA and would like to find a way to see if he can help this team, so in a few weeks or in situations, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets in on PR

They only way he'd earn would be to show he's a better returner and just as sure handed as Hyde.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They only way he'd earn would be to show he's a better returner and just as sure handed as Hyde.
Or, they decide Hyde plays too many important snaps on defense to keep him out there on punt returns and they think Abbrederis offers a similar return ability. I think they do.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts