1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Packers Sign 6th round pick DE Michael Montgomery

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by all about da packers, Jun 21, 2005.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  2. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Watch for #96

[​IMG]

3. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Does anyone know much about Montgomery? I know he's from A&M (seems like we have a real connection with that school). Is he in the Sean Jones mold? I hope so. Remember the glory days of Jones on one side and White on the other. We need to get back to that kind of production. I hope some of these younger guys pan out and they get to the QB this year.

4. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He has nice size 6'5" 275#. But from what I have read about him he has poor(slow) feet and he needs to get stronger, which is no big deal because that is true of 99% of the rookies. Another article I read said his strength is OK. Has a wide wingspan but has trouble disengaging blockers. Tends to play too high but is a good effort guy.

Sounds like he needs some good coaching. Would be nice if he turned out to be a sleeper.

5. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A couple of months ago I read that the coaches thought he had a decent chance of turning himself into a player.

It would be great if he could surprise us and contribute the way some other late round D-lineman picks did like Kampman a few years ago and Williams last year. Or even KGB who was a late round draft pick a few years ago.