Packers Sign 6th round pick DE Michael Montgomery

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know much about Montgomery? I know he's from A&M (seems like we have a real connection with that school). Is he in the Sean Jones mold? I hope so. Remember the glory days of Jones on one side and White on the other. We need to get back to that kind of production. I hope some of these younger guys pan out and they get to the QB this year.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has nice size 6'5" 275#. But from what I have read about him he has poor(slow) feet and he needs to get stronger, which is no big deal because that is true of 99% of the rookies. Another article I read said his strength is OK. Has a wide wingspan but has trouble disengaging blockers. Tends to play too high but is a good effort guy.

Sounds like he needs some good coaching. Would be nice if he turned out to be a sleeper.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A couple of months ago I read that the coaches thought he had a decent chance of turning himself into a player.

It would be great if he could surprise us and contribute the way some other late round D-lineman picks did like Kampman a few years ago and Williams last year. Or even KGB who was a late round draft pick a few years ago.

Members online

Latest posts