Packers sign 12 nondrafted free agents

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PackersNews.com

The Green Bay Packers announced the signing of 12 rookie free agents Friday, minutes before the start of the team’s first minicamp.

A release from the Packers said the following players have been signed:

• Calvin Russell, wide receiver, Tuskegee

• Chris Francies, wide receiver, Texas-El Paso

• Tra Boger, safety, Tulane

• Arliss Beach, running back, Kentucky

• A.J. Cooper, full back, North Dakota State

• Shermar Bracey, running back, Arkansas State

• Tim Goodwell, linebacker, Memphis

• Zac Alcorn, tight end, Black Hills State

• Bryon Santiago, linebacker, Louisiana Tech

• Jason Hunter, defensive end, Appalachian State

• Montez Murphy, defensive end, Baylor

• Josh Bourke, tackle, Grand Valley State

The following information about each player was released by the Packers:

Alcorn, 25, started the past two seasons at NAIA Black Hills State in Spearfish, S.D., where he caught 43 passes for 689 yards and seven touchdowns in 2005.

Beach, 22, lettered four seasons as a part-time starter at Kentucky, where he rushed 65 times for 288 yards and six touchdowns in 2005.

Boger, 22, rebounded from a medical redshirt to intercept three passes, including a 69-yard touchdown, last year for Tulane. A four-year letterman, he started for all or parts of every season, including his 2001 freshman campaign and 2004, when a knee injury prematurely ended his year. Boger, whose name is pronounced “TRAY BO-ger,â€

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rookie free agents = able bodies who rarely make the team, we only have two backs in camp which is why we brought in two running backs and a fullback

...Ethan Kilmer was a special teams ace for Penn State this season, picked up by nobody at all after the draft, which aggravates me, Anwar Phillips was a 3rd-4th round pick on some boards and he had to be signed undrafted by Buffalo I believe

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we should of tried to get Dwayne Slay. & why havent we tried to get DonTrell Moore (RB NM) or Gerrald Riggs (RB Tenn. U) or Martin Nance (WR Miami (Oh))....?/ Those are the guys I think could of been good additions.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett said in his press conference that there was a lot of talent on the team and that some of them are going to emerge as good players. Like Sam Gado they just need an opportunity to show their talent.

There is usually one undrafted free agent who is impressive enough to make the finally 53. Brett said that there will be a lot of talented guys cut.

There were a few extra guys at the mini-camp trying out for the team.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
GoPackGo said:
I think we should of tried to get Dwayne Slay. & why havent we tried to get DonTrell Moore (RB NM) or Gerrald Riggs (RB Tenn. U) or Martin Nance (WR Miami (Oh))....?/ Those are the guys I think could of been good additions.

We didn't try to get them? Where was that reported?

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bills | Team signs UDFA M. Nance
Sun, 30 Apr 2006 23:24:13 -0700

The Journal-News reports the Buffalo Bills have signed undrafted rookie free agent WR Martin Nance (Miami (Ohio)). "It's a done deal," Nance said Sunday night, April 30, from his home in St. Louis. "I'm headed to Buffalo on Thursday. That's when they'll have their minicamp."

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts