packers should try this

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah the nfl would allow a q/b to call out to the coach we have the wrong ball..LOL

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone happen to see the play Arkansas ran against Auburn last week?

They huddled up with this little guy staying down low behind the lineman. When they broke the huddle this little 5-5 guy literally CRAWLS behind the lineman to the line and kneels down to the right of the QB. The defense does not even know he's there.

The QB takes the snap and turns with an open hand to the RB with the ball in his other hand just behind the centers rear end. The little guy takes the hand off and runs around the left end and is 15 yards downfield before anybody even sees him.

I have never seen anything like it. Arkansas went on to upset Auburn.

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
Did anyone happen to see the play Arkansas ran against Auburn last week?

They huddled up with this little guy staying down low behind the lineman. When they broke the huddle this little 5-5 guy literally CRAWLS behind the lineman to the line and kneels down to the right of the QB. The defense does not even know he's there.

The QB takes the snap and turns with an open hand to the RB with the ball in his other hand just behind the centers rear end. The little guy takes the hand off and runs around the left end and is 15 yards downfield before anybody even sees him.

I have never seen anything like it. Arkansas went on to upset Auburn.

That play is not new. HS and college teams actually do that or something similar a lot more than you'd think.

The video is great. I'd be PO'ed if I was on the other team, especially if I was the coach.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arkansas are running alot of trick plays this year, their Offensive Co-ordinator was signed up from a High school team. They've ran trick plays in almost all their games, Alabama and Auburn being the most televised.

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tiger said:
Arkansas are running alot of trick plays this year, their Offensive Co-ordinator was signed up from a High school team.

He was Mustain's, Arkansas' frosh QB, head coach in HS.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:

That was it. Too bad they didn't show it from when they were huddled up. The guy crab crawled up behind the linemen so the defense wouldn't see him.

That was the funniest part of the play. Kind of reminded me of when I was younger and would come in late. I would get right in behind my big brother and hope mom wouldn't see me.

Didn't work. Got pancaked by my 5' 1" mom every time. That little lady was tough down there by the goal line man. Whew!

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should "Fainting Irish" play if they have no timeouts and are down by little points.

It was 1953 I think and Forest Evashenski (however the hell you spell It) Iowa Hawkeyes were up 14-7 over Notre Dame, All the players for the Irish pretended to faitn and all fell over, the ref stopped the clock and Notre Dame ended up with a touchdown pass. Tied game 14-14.........what a rip off.

Favreforever721

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OHH MY GOSH!!

I am friends with our high school's starting varsity QB, and he was telling me about this exact same play...but they were gonna use it(he told me about this in late Aug...they didnt steal the idea)! I told him it would never work...guess I was wrong!!

note- they haven't used it yet...but I'm waiting for it!