1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

packers should try this

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by steveGB, Oct 12, 2006.

1. steveGB

steveGB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  2. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Great video!
    That is hilareous!

That might work against the Packer defense.

3. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This was so funny, I to think if this is legal we should incorporate this trick in our own games...

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    Yeah the nfl would allow a q/b to call out to the coach we have the wrong ball..LOL

5. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Did anyone happen to see the play Arkansas ran against Auburn last week?

They huddled up with this little guy staying down low behind the lineman. When they broke the huddle this little 5-5 guy literally CRAWLS behind the lineman to the line and kneels down to the right of the QB. The defense does not even know he's there.

The QB takes the snap and turns with an open hand to the RB with the ball in his other hand just behind the centers rear end. The little guy takes the hand off and runs around the left end and is 15 yards downfield before anybody even sees him.

I have never seen anything like it. Arkansas went on to upset Auburn.

6. YERCELL

YERCELL Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That play is not new. HS and college teams actually do that or something similar a lot more than you'd think.

The video is great. I'd be PO'ed if I was on the other team, especially if I was the coach.

7. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  8. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  9. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Ha good find Gakk, both of those are awesome.

10. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Arkansas are running alot of trick plays this year, their Offensive Co-ordinator was signed up from a High school team. They've ran trick plays in almost all their games, Alabama and Auburn being the most televised.

11. YERCELL

YERCELL Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He was Mustain's, Arkansas' frosh QB, head coach in HS.

12. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    That was it. Too bad they didn't show it from when they were huddled up. The guy crab crawled up behind the linemen so the defense wouldn't see him.

That was the funniest part of the play. Kind of reminded me of when I was younger and would come in late. I would get right in behind my big brother and hope mom wouldn't see me.

Didn't work. Got pancaked by my 5' 1" mom every time. That little lady was tough down there by the goal line man. Whew!

13. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    They should "Fainting Irish" play if they have no timeouts and are down by little points.

It was 1953 I think and Forest Evashenski (however the hell you spell It) Iowa Hawkeyes were up 14-7 over Notre Dame, All the players for the Irish pretended to faitn and all fell over, the ref stopped the clock and Notre Dame ended up with a touchdown pass. Tied game 14-14.........what a rip off.

14. Favreforever721

Favreforever721 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    OHH MY GOSH!!

I am friends with our high school's starting varsity QB, and he was telling me about this exact same play...but they were gonna use it(he told me about this in late Aug...they didnt steal the idea)! I told him it would never work...guess I was wrong!!

note- they haven't used it yet...but I'm waiting for it!

15. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0