Packers should have lost

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No way...

the blind squirrel found the nut...

(this is the same guy who thought you could call two time outs IN A ROW..CONSECUTIVELY...!!!)

Stop making stuff up Bruce and DePack...

the blind squirrel found a nut!!

the blind squirrel found a nut!!

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright, Mike Pereira the Head of NFL Officials is the guy they talk to each week for those that don't have NFL Network (I love that segment). A few questionable/controversial plays from the previous week are tossed at him and he explains how/why the call was made. He isn't above saying "we missed that one" although not often.

Basically the Gado play was ruled an "Intentional Forward Fumble" from behind the LOS which by rule is a "legal forward pass." Thus Gado becomes a passer and is consequently protected by all rules that would protect a QB. Once that determination was made the officials determined that Yes, he was out of the pocket. As long as the "pass" get to the LOS it becomes nothing more than an incomplete pass and not intentional grounding.

They didn't discuss any holding penalty (or lack thereof). He said "Gado figured it out, or lucked out. But he beat the rule" He said that he doesn't believe that this result is the intent of the rule but they would have to look at that during the off season.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackinSteel said:
They didn't discuss any holding penalty (or lack thereof). He said "Gado figured it out, or lucked out. But he beat the rule" He said that he doesn't believe that this result is the intent of the rule but they would have to look at that during the off season.

And you can "bet" they will, too!

Imagine, a Rookie RB, who fell into the game, as it were - figuring out loopholes.. You'd think he was Carlton Sheets...

Oh yeah - they'll look at this... big time!

I simply think it was a freak play that will most likely never happen again.
Pending that will be the case, the NFL Officials may let it lay where it landed...

There are some things, tho', that should be reviewable at all times (in this case, by Detroit), maybe this is one of 'em. There are several more- but it's supper time.. I'll be baack!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Gado stumbled into the right call accidentally. But if they don't revise the rule we will see more and more plays where the RB "tosses" the ball to avoid losing yards- IF he can get outside the tackles 1st.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackinSteel said:
Clearly though there are limited situations where this could actually benefit the RB. This certainly was one of them...

agreed. but it is typical of the rules committee to stomp on anyone that improvises and does soemthing they never thought of.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts