Packers should be ashamed.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Falcons played the kind of game the Packers should have in this situation. They killed themselves in the first quarter on this one. Looked unprepared and disorganized in every phase.
At least the offense showed some life as the game went on but still breakdowns and too little too late. Defense hardly showed, special teams hurt. A penalty costs a field goal and the final is a 3 point loss.
Aaron Rodgers; you can't say enough about him today. Put the Favre argument to rest, I'd say. Quarterback isn't the problem for the Packers but, as Larry McCarren said during the radio broadcast, every one else is.

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good point, Packerlifer. Rodgers played as well as he could, given what he has around him. Horrible special teams, defense NOT showing up, and being disorganized is pathetic. You have to come PREPARED to play the minute you get on the field. This team suffers from some mental deficiency or something, because you SHOULDN'T be that bad off to start a game.

It DOES seem like the ONLY guy on the field playing his butt off is Aaron Rodgers.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right, Rodgers played pretty good for having a hurt shoulder. It's too bad nobody else did

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
hey don't forget Woodson and how about Collins ? The linebackers took the day off

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed...the defense fell asleep early...and didn't do much except for ONE pick. Rodgers' INT hurt, and was the difference maker in the game...but it didn't HAVE to be that way had the team come out and PLAYED in the first half.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our team can't consist of three players. Rodgers, Collins, and Woodson. Something needs to be done. The O-line did a little better, giving Rodgers time

wizard 87

Reaction score
they looked better with Clifton out..anyone notice that

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The penalties are just ridiculous. They look like a Mike Sherman team. 3 losses already, it's going to be a long year. The one plus is Tramon Williams I think he's going to take Al's job

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well....at least Grant made SOME bit of a contribution...but there needs to be MORE from him! We still need to establish the running game. Today was a START...but it needs to be done CONSISTENTLY.

But yeah...Three guys who play their guts out week to week, while the rest of the team gets lazy is NOT going to help in the long run.

wizard 87

Reaction score
packer4ever said:
The penalties are just ridiculous. They look like a Mike Sherman team. 3 losses already, it's going to be a long year. The one plus is Tramon Williams I think he's going to take Al's job
Disagree..Roddy White is not getting open if Harris is in and Tramon is playing nickle. We need Al back

OP
OP
P

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers needed this win badly. This loss changes things dramatically, with the upcoming stretch of a very hard schedule.
We're playing in a weak division so the Packers can't be written off but as of now it looks like we're playing for just getting to the playoffs as division winner but nothing more. Except to see what we need by next year to get back to last year's level.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer4ever said:

You're right about the penalties, turning into real drive stoppers and dumb ones at that. Tramon is good, but I think Al's position is safe for now. I'm glad to see him stepping it up though.

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not having Al Harris is a HUGE blow to the team, and I'm glad to see Tramon have a good game...but we all agree that penalties and a lack of a pass rush is what's really killing this team.

Sadly...the media will only pay attention to the QB...even though HE'S the one spot on this team I DON'T worry about.

b_mckendry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great job Aaron. I knew losing Al Harris and Cullen Jenkins would hurt us. Kiss our season good bye because it only gets harder.

wizard 87

Reaction score
PackerFan4 said:
not having Al Harris is a HUGE blow to the team, and I'm glad to see Tramon have a good game...but we all agree that penalties and a lack of a pass rush is what's really killing this team.

Sadly...the media will only pay attention to the QB...even though HE'S the one spot on this team I DON'T worry about.
Now that's summing it up in a post..thumbs up !!!

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was accurate the first 2 games. Highly inaccurate the next 2. TOday he was pretty good. A couple of very bad throws hurt. THe one come-backer that he threw way short and the int. Not sure what he was looking at that time. btw - favre got a lot of heat for one OT int last year int he playoffs, while the D was the real problem. Seems like things have kind of swung in free rides.

wizard 87

Reaction score
"Not sure what he was looking at that time. btw - favre got a lot of heat for one OT int last year int he playoffs, while the D was the real problem. Seems like things have kind of swung in free rides."
That had not a thing to do with this game...Rodgers had 313 yards and played his butt off. Favre did not play defense or special teams..the things that are broken here. Your Favre analogies are nether wanted or needed.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team is tough and undisciplined. What it is missing is a guy who looks like he is excited. I don't care who that guy turns out to be, but someone at least look like you want it.

Where is the depth that was so crucial?

Why is Jackson not getting the ball?

Why is Bob Sanders still here?

I said I would ride the train as long as things looks positive. They don't, and I am really interested to hear what kind of answer the fans get. This whole "we need to fix it" bs is getting old.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
13-3 to 2-3 can someone actually tell me what happened here? We improved the running game by signing Grant to a long term contract. We went though a complete draft cycle to improve possitions throughout the team. We have another off season of conditioning and study of the MM system. This dropoff is unexceptable and heads should roll.

GBstock

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rogers was OK....most of his stats were racked up after the Packers were behind. Mccarthy's **** and dunk offense to protect him is causing us to fall behind early. Most QB's with 300 yards are on the wrong side of the score. I think he only had about 150 after three quarters.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree with all posters who want to put to rest the NAME issue. Rodgers played very NAME-like today, both positively & negatively.

Rodgers proved to me today that he is the equal of the NAME in both talent & tenacity. He led the team on a TD drive down by 10 with precious little time left in the 4th qtr. That's terrific leadership. He's growing up fast.

That being said the INT that led to Turner's 2nd TD run was all too familiar. If nothing else I'm glad it was Rodgers' 4th-year player salary being paid to make that play & not a ten million dollar man's mistake.

The focus for this team has been lost somewhere along the way, perhaps to the enormous distraction(s) caused by the whole NAME issue. Thye've forgotten what it takes to impose their will upon opponents.

The mental mistakes are inexcusable, especially in Week 5. Leading the league in penalties is mind-boggling. Where's the discipline? Is MM's lighter load practice schedule to blame? It seemed like the right thing in '07, & now, not. Get it together Green Bay!

RobJohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, the excuses are thick in here tonight.

AROD threw a pick that lost the game for the Packers. If it was Favre in there, you hypocrites would be all over him for throwing a pick, but since its Arod, you give him a pass.

Arod can't win games for the Pack. He's a game manager. Not a winner.

Slice it any way you want, the bottom line is that Rodgers is 2-3 as a starter/

RobJohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way is Rodgers equal to Favre. To say as much is a joke!

TT should be fired because he does not know what he is doing....

Members online

Latest posts