1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers Send 5 Players To NFL Europa

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackerLegend, Jan 18, 2007.

1. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Over there: The Packers have allocated five "street" free agents to NFL Europa: wide receiver Carlton Brewster, offensive lineman Adam Stenavich, linebacker Tim Goodwell, cornerback Antonio Malone and safety Alvin Nnabuife.

The Packers declined to send any players from among the 65 who finished the season on their active and reserve lists. Brewster, Stenavich and Nnabuife were on the practice squad.

"You kind of weigh sending them as opposed to having them with your coaching staff in the spring," Thompson said. "We could send only five this year. The five that we sent, we really had an itch to see them play."

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I was nervous opening this, I was expecting Brett to be sent. :p

3. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    never heard of em. :)

4. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Should they have sent Ingle Martin perhaps?

5. TheStone

TheStone Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    I think they will send Ingle Martin next year, if he lacks significant improvement.
    NFLE is always good for creating a make or break situation.
    Either you make it like Kurt Warner or Jake Delhomme or you show your true self like Akili Smith, Drew Henson, ........

6. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    They have "Quarterback camp" in spring though dont they? i'd say he'd learn more there than he would in Germany

7. TheStone

TheStone Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Mmh, I'd say despite the lower quality of NFLE games, it's real game-action and they always say that there's nothing like it.

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I heard of Brewster.............didn't he have a sister named "Punky???" :rotflmao:

9. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Holy crap. Reading your comments never gets old, cheesey!

I would like to see how Brewster does in Europe, we need some solid receivers beside Driver.

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOLOL!!! I like to try to interject some humor where ever i go!!! :thumbsup:
    Your right......we NEED to make sure we have some decent 2nd and 3rd string WR's. So this may just give some guy a chance to prove himself.