1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Packers select richard Rodgers

Discussion in '2014 Draft Archive' started by ivo610, May 9, 2014.

1. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +323
    And we were winning games with Matt Flynn despite having an injury decimated Defense. The thing about this team, there are about 4 high upside players from the last 4 drafts that are still on the roster and the team hasnt given up on them. What if Nick Perry stays healthy all season and continues showing the pass rush he showed in limited action last year? What if Derek Sherrod makes a full return and Bryan Bulaga is able to stay healthy? This team would get a heck of a lot stronger on both the Offensive line and the front 7 without adding any new players.

2. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +323
    Plenty of draftsperts panned GBs decision to trade up and get Matthews, but praised the pick of BJ Raji. Now BJ Raji has been a disappointment and Clay Matthews was the best pick of that draft. I also remember plenty of fans calling Rodgers and Nick Collins busts between 2007 and 2008.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. MiamiBeachPacker

MiamiBeachPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +246
    Too many people are quick to rush to judgement

• Like Like x 1
  4. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    There is no shortage of shortsighted and dumb posters on this forum. I do think we could have gotten Rodgers later but if you're going to be true to your board, you have to make the pick. It was a compensatory pick and couldn't be traded. I find it amusing that there are so many people here that are better at assessing talent than Thompson's scouts.
    You'd think we are racking up won - loss records like Buffalo, jax, Dallas and the like.

5. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +384
    So I was trolling around, looking for reasons to be optimistic about this pick and someone made this interesting point on another Packer forum:
    I'm still pretty skeptical of this one but I hope the other Rodgers comes through for us.

6. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,678
    Who is Ossie Newsome?
    That must have been from someone in the UK or Canada where they don't use the Z.

You want to get a little more optimistic about this "reach" pick/player? Read the article I post below.

HERE>
    Now that's funny.

HERE is a good article about Richard> http://turtleboysports.com/2014/05/...fted-worcester-native-cal-te-richard-rodgers/

And check this out: This Packer fan MOCKED us taking Richard Rodgers back in JANUARY.... in the ____ round> http://footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=540602

7. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +381
    It's funny but we got him. I hope they re-sign Finley so he has a year to develop. Packer scouts are real high on Rodgers. They keep saying "how smart he is", and one of the players with "best ball skills in draft". Well see.

8. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +2,826
  9. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    As more things come out in the news about these prospects, Rodgers has became one of my favorite picks. He has a lot of potential. Him and Goodson have grown on me a lot. I am starting to not like Janis as much, I don't know how excited I am about Bradford either. I think Janis is going to take too long to get his technique down and I think Bradford is going to get pushed around and outsized too much unless he makes a switch of positions. I like our first two picks and Rodgers the most probably out of all of our selections now. Excited about abberedis too though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    Just curious, how long is too long? It took Nelson, Jones and Driver years. It takes most players a significant amount of time to become technically proficient.

11. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,024
    Well, the thing is we´re pretty deep at receiver right now. If he doesn´t show some promise in camp it´s possible he won´t be here in September anymore.

12. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,024
    Rodgers has grown on me as well, still don´t like the Goodson pick though.

13. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    What I meant was Janis got by with his athleticism in d2 college football a lot more than he will in the pros and some players don't have the mental capacity to change their playing styles enough to be technically sound in the nfl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,024
    Some don´t have the physical capacity to do that as well.

15. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    3 pages worth of TT bashing and the TT police have yet to show up? There must be a special on donuts.....

• Funny Funny x 1