Packers select richard Rodgers

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I personally know nothing about him but his dad is infamous.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
He has upside. Most likely going to need some work. Some compare him to Antonio Gates type TE. Has basketball background. Overall good athlete and coming out early as a junior. I like him and had him in my mock in 6th round. Not sure how he jumped to 3rd.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Total reach. If TT wanted a tight end so bad then why didn't he trade up 2 spots to get Niklas. This is a total "head scracher"

H

HardRightEdge

Kinda slow in college playing at 245. Very slow at the combine and 257. Maybe they like him for an in-line blocking TE?

I don't get this pick.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Total reach. If TT wanted a tight end so bad then why didn't he trade up 2 spots to get Niklas. This is a total "head scratcher"

Last edited:

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Typically, when two players on the team have the same last name, they both have their first name initial on the jersey nameplate. However, I can't see Aaron Rodgers out there with A. Rodgers on his nameplate. I hope Richard doesn't mind R. Rodgers on his, because that's probably what will happen. Seems like somewhat of a project pick, but was no doubt a need. Pretty happy so far after four picks. Was kinda hoping for a franchise center, but maybe Ted find one tomorrow.

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Typically, when two players on the team have the same last name, they both have their first name initial on the jersey nameplate. However, I can't see Aaron Rodgers out there with A. Rodgers on his nameplate. I hope Richard doesn't mind R. Rodgers on his, because that's probably what will happen. Seems like somewhat of a project pick, but was no doubt a need. Pretty happy so far after four picks. Was kinda hoping for a franchise center, but maybe Ted find one tomorrow.

Is that a Packers thing?

Because I thought the initial thing was eliminated league-wide. At least it was in the case of the 49ers when they had Alex Smith, Aldon Smith and Justin Smith.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can get behind the other picks we made, but this one was a head scratcher to me. I know we needed a TE, but I think TT reached here for this player.

We'll see though. Time will tell.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just special teams guys at this point with no real immediate impact. TT is losing with these picks..only one of these guys will probably contribute.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thornton was stupefying. This one is infuriating.

Watched all the highlights and I see a guy who went way earlier then he should have. There's absolutely nothing he does that gets me excited and he's slow. He basically wasted 3rd rd pick for a special teams guy.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of run blocking against Standford in a blowout, some of it not so bad. A lot in the slot against Washington. Seems like a more "versatile" guy than the first three TEs taken, but not the blocker than Niklas or CJF from Iowa. We'll have to see. It sounds like he didn't really have much of a chance to thrive in college. TT must think he has a high ceiling or something.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is that a Packers thing?

Because I thought the initial thing was eliminated league-wide. At least it was in the case of the 49ers when they had Alex Smith, Aldon Smith and Justin Smith.

Good point. I guess it's the team's call. Smith is far more common than Rodgers, but you're right - they'll probably just put the last name on both. The number is the difference.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watched all the highlights and I see a guy who went way earlier then he should have. There's absolutely nothing he does that gets me excited and he's slow. He basically wasted 3rd rd pick for a special teams guy.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far, man. Ted Thompson rarely ever bombs on offensive skill position players. His track record with receivers and tight ends and the offense they play in ... it speaks for itself. No way can I hate this pick. As I said before, he's probably a project player going in, but regardless - with the Finley situation being what it is, he pretty much had to get another TE. Ordinarily, on others teams, I'd call this a reach. But on the Packers, probably not. Time will tell.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This pick really does seem like a waste. Antonio Richardson at OT, Pierre Desir at CB are two I could have seen. Rogers is nothing more than a developmental pick, and developmental picks are destined for the Practice Squad.

Ha-Ha was a fine pick in round 1. I'm ok with Davante Adams in round 2, but in round 3 Packers sure did pass on some good players.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts