1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Packers select HAHA

Discussion in '2014 Draft Archive' started by ivo610, May 8, 2014.

1. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    Yeah, me too. But I think Lattimore is a better option than jones if he works on his mechanics mostly this offseason and preseason. He's more athletic and has a better motor. I'm high on Lattimore though, as most of you aren't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +396
    I wouldn't want to pin my hopes on Jones with anything.

3. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,184
    While that is sometimes true, I don't think it is true in this case. IMO Wilde is right, Cleveland offered the Packers the same deal they offered the Eagles, one pick later. That's far away from 'having no idea'.
    This is as shallow and vapid “analysis” as you’ll find. It’s reminiscent of this Auburn fan’s “analysis” of the Lacy pick: “Lacy is too slow to help”. Nothing wrong with being a fan, but perhaps you should take the blinders off.

4. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    Clinton Dix is a safe pick. We don't know if he'll become a pro bowl caliber player, but we know he'll be starter material, at the least. I'm happy with that. All you gamblers need to remember what it was like GAMBLING on MD Jennings and McMillian.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,549
    They don't like that he was injured in 2013.

I like Clinton-Dix OK as a player (a better pick than Perry or Jones), but he puts Hyde on the bench and does not address the difficulties with coming up with $15 - $20 mil per year for Nelson and Cobb or replacing Williams.

6. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,549
    Bush is not under contract. I think this is the year his limited value as a gunner will not be sufficient.

7. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,863
    I have read your lack of appreciation for Perry and Jones. This season, you will be shocked at how good both of these guys have become. I will predict 15 sacks between the two and the defense will land in the top 10 (for points given up)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,549
    Peppers was signed for a reason. Neal was brought back for a reason. Perry and Jones won't get enough snaps for that kind of production even if they were capable of it.

9. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,184
    Perhaps you mistakenly quoted my post because this has nothing to do with what I posted. I responded to you posting about HRE having no idea what offers there were to trade down. Read the Wilde piece I linked and watch Thompson's reaction to his question. (Or don't.)
    Again, you must have me confused with someone else.

10. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,863
    Peppers Raji Jones - will be are starting line

Matthews has been dinged up the last few years, it will be good to have some depth at OLB. Perry can do a lot more than Neal - if the light comes on for him, and I think it will, he will be very good. That said, I actually expect us to add another OLB there in this draft. I think there will be a few that represent BPA in the next few rounds.

11. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    Yeah you're right, I really didn't mean to quote you or anyone for that matter. But I did not see that piece by Wilde, and I still would have taken Clinton Dix over that trade

12. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    Peppers isn't going to play DE.

13. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,549
    If Peppers will be on a snap count, as McCarthy indicated, we're not going to waste him run stuffing in base. Peppers is the nickel edge rush bookend/elephant. Perry will likely be limited to base run support.

Jones will get his shot at weak side 5 tech in base and 3 tech in nickel...his best shot is 3 tech along side Daniels. I see Boyd - Daniels being the primary 5 tech guys in the base set with Jones playing relief for Daniels.

14. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,654
    I would be fine with spending the compensatory pick in the third round on Smallwood.

15. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,863
    I will believe it when I see it. They have already said he would be playing more of an elephant role. I would bet most of his snaps are at DE with a few at OLB and fewer still at DT.

16. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    I would be fine with the first 3rd going to Smallwood, the second round to Amaro and the comp third to jean baptiste

17. HaHa

HaHa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  18. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,654
    I think Smallwood will be there for our compensation pick. I´m fine with either Amaro or Seferian-Jenkins in the second, would rather draft a WR today as well.

19. Sunshinepacker

Sunshinepacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +457
    So the Packers should have just replaced players they might lose next year, thereby not IMPROVING over last season? If the Packers simply addressed the potential losses of Cobb or Williams, all we would have done is have a guy on the bench for a year to replace one of them later. A later round pick could do that since they'll have a year to develop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +396
    Yep.

21. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    Agree^^
    And for the thousandth time, ted has a lot of skill in finding good WRs later in the draft and our two starting outside CBs were undrafted. Casey Hayward was obviously one of the better CBs in his draft if not the best and he wasn't even a first rounder. You're arguing point is gone.

22. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,654
    Bush has one year left on a three-year contract he signed in 2012.

23. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,654
    Thompson hasn´t found a good WR after the third round during his tenure, you´re right about the CBs though.

24. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    He's talking about the first round. I said later in the draft meaning after the first round

25. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    But I would consider Boykin good, also undrafted (after the 3rd round) ;)