Packers select HAHA

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather pin my hopes on Jones making some strides than Borland's slow strides.

Yeah, me too. But I think Lattimore is a better option than jones if he works on his mechanics mostly this offseason and preseason. He's more athletic and has a better motor. I'm high on Lattimore though, as most of you aren't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
How can you say that having no idea what the offers were to trade down? You can't force another team to shoot an offer worth while at ya.
While that is sometimes true, I don't think it is true in this case. IMO Wilde is right, Cleveland offered the Packers the same deal they offered the Eagles, one pick later. That's far away from 'having no idea'.
He does NOT play run support well as evidenced by Auburn gashing the Bama D for 296 on the ground.
This is as shallow and vapid “analysis” as you’ll find. It’s reminiscent of this Auburn fan’s “analysis” of the Lacy pick: “Lacy is too slow to help”. Nothing wrong with being a fan, but perhaps you should take the blinders off.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While that is sometimes true, I don't think it is true in this case. IMO Wilde is right, Cleveland offered the Packers the same deal they offered the Eagles, one pick later. That's far away from 'having no idea'.
This is as shallow and vapid “analysis” as you’ll find. It’s reminiscent of this Auburn fan’s “analysis” of the Lacy pick: “Lacy is too slow to help”. Nothing wrong with being a fan, but perhaps you should take the blinders off.

Clinton Dix is a safe pick. We don't know if he'll become a pro bowl caliber player, but we know he'll be starter material, at the least. I'm happy with that. All you gamblers need to remember what it was like GAMBLING on MD Jennings and McMillian.

H

HardRightEdge

By virtue of the fact that over 50% more picks have come off the board since the Pack chose Haha, and still nobody has taken Lee, proves he was not BPA. At least in the minds of 33% of NFL GMs - some of whom need a WR.
They don't like that he was injured in 2013.

I like Clinton-Dix OK as a player (a better pick than Perry or Jones), but he puts Hyde on the bench and does not address the difficulties with coming up with $15 - $20 mil per year for Nelson and Cobb or replacing Williams.

H

HardRightEdge

Looks pretty deep to me. I could see adding another Safety in rounds 5-7. I don't like wasting a 3rd on Ed Reynolds at all. IMO Baptiste is great value in 3rd and makes more sense. Antone Exum in late rounds makes even more sense.

CB Sam Shields
CB Traymon Williams
CB Casey Hayward
CB Devon House
CB/S Micah Hyde
S Clinton- Dix
S Morgan Burnett
S Sean Richardson
C/S Jarrett Bush
S Chris Banjo
Bush is not under contract. I think this is the year his limited value as a gunner will not be sufficient.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I like Clinton-Dix OK as a player (a better pick than Perry or Jones), but he puts Hyde on the bench and does not address the difficulties with coming up with $15 - $20 mil per year for Nelson and Cobb or replacing Williams.
I have read your lack of appreciation for Perry and Jones. This season, you will be shocked at how good both of these guys have become. I will predict 15 sacks between the two and the defense will land in the top 10 (for points given up)

H

HardRightEdge

I have read your lack of appreciation for Perry and Jones. This season, you will be shocked at how good both of these guys have become. I will predict 15 sacks between the two and the defense will land in the top 10 (for points given up)
Peppers was signed for a reason. Neal was brought back for a reason. Perry and Jones won't get enough snaps for that kind of production even if they were capable of it.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Clinton Dix is a safe pick. We don't know if he'll become a pro bowl caliber player, but we know he'll be starter material, at the least. I'm happy with that.
Perhaps you mistakenly quoted my post because this has nothing to do with what I posted. I responded to you posting about HRE having no idea what offers there were to trade down. Read the Wilde piece I linked and watch Thompson's reaction to his question. (Or don't.)
All you gamblers need to remember what it was like GAMBLING on MD Jennings and McMillian.
Again, you must have me confused with someone else.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peppers was signed for a reason. Neal was brought back for a reason. Perry and Jones won't get enough snaps for that kind of production even if they were capable of it.
Peppers Raji Jones - will be are starting line

Matthews has been dinged up the last few years, it will be good to have some depth at OLB. Perry can do a lot more than Neal - if the light comes on for him, and I think it will, he will be very good. That said, I actually expect us to add another OLB there in this draft. I think there will be a few that represent BPA in the next few rounds.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps you mistakenly quoted my post because this has nothing to do with what I posted. I responded to you posting about HRE having no idea what offers there were to trade down. Read the Wilde piece I linked and watch Thompson's reaction to his question. (Or don't.) Again, you must have me confused with someone else.

Yeah you're right, I really didn't mean to quote you or anyone for that matter. But I did not see that piece by Wilde, and I still would have taken Clinton Dix over that trade

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Matthews has been dinged up the last few years, it will be good to have some depth at OLB. Perry can do a lot more than Neal - if the light comes on for him, and I think it will, he will be very good. That said, I actually expect us to add another OLB there in this draft. I think there will be a few that represent BPA in the next few rounds.

Peppers isn't going to play DE.

H

HardRightEdge

If Peppers will be on a snap count, as McCarthy indicated, we're not going to waste him run stuffing in base. Peppers is the nickel edge rush bookend/elephant. Perry will likely be limited to base run support.

Jones will get his shot at weak side 5 tech in base and 3 tech in nickel...his best shot is 3 tech along side Daniels. I see Boyd - Daniels being the primary 5 tech guys in the base set with Jones playing relief for Daniels.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm really hoping they pull the trigger tonight at Yarwin Smallwood in the 3rd tonight. Jace Amaro might drop to Pack in 2nd., then take best available receiver with the other 3rd.

I would be fine with spending the compensatory pick in the third round on Smallwood.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peppers isn't going to play DE.

I will believe it when I see it. They have already said he would be playing more of an elephant role. I would bet most of his snaps are at DE with a few at OLB and fewer still at DT.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be fine with spending the compensatory pick in the third round on Smallwood.

I would be fine with the first 3rd going to Smallwood, the second round to Amaro and the comp third to jean baptiste

D

Deleted member 6794

I would be fine with the first 3rd going to Smallwood, the second round to Amaro and the comp third to jean baptiste.

I think Smallwood will be there for our compensation pick. I´m fine with either Amaro or Seferian-Jenkins in the second, would rather draft a WR today as well.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So the Packers should have just replaced players they might lose next year, thereby not IMPROVING over last season? If the Packers simply addressed the potential losses of Cobb or Williams, all we would have done is have a guy on the bench for a year to replace one of them later. A later round pick could do that since they'll have a year to develop.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the Packers should have just replaced players they might lose next year, thereby not IMPROVING over last season? If the Packers simply addressed the potential losses of Cobb or Williams, all we would have done is have a guy on the bench for a year to replace one of them later. A later round pick could do that since they'll have a year to develop.

Agree^^
And for the thousandth time, ted has a lot of skill in finding good WRs later in the draft and our two starting outside CBs were undrafted. Casey Hayward was obviously one of the better CBs in his draft if not the best and he wasn't even a first rounder. You're arguing point is gone.

D

Deleted member 6794

Agree^^
And for the thousandth time, ted has a lot of skill in finding good WRs later in the draft and our two starting outside CBs were undrafted. Casey Hayward was obviously one of the better CBs in his draft if not the best and he wasn't even a first rounder. You're arguing point is gone.

Thompson hasn´t found a good WR after the third round during his tenure, you´re right about the CBs though.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson hasn´t found a good WR after the third round during his tenure, you´re right about the CBs though.

He's talking about the first round. I said later in the draft meaning after the first round

Members online

Latest posts