Packers' Sam Barrington wearing pink with a heavy heart – and a purpose

Narveson

Cheesehead
Reaction score

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good for him. It's hard when you lose people to cancer I go this week for my lumpectomy so go Sam and the pack win big

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't see anyone wearing any pink.
Thankfully it's pretty much over.
I think they can get the awareness out there without the mismatched pink the players wear.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why the NFL, and everyone else for that matter, fixates so much on breast cancer and ignores prostate cancer. There is nothing wrong with trying to raise awareness for breast cancer; I think it's a great cause. But they should also do something for prostate cancer. They both impact roughly the same women/men, with about equal a fatality rate. Yet breast cancer research funding blows prostate cancer research funding out of the water.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why the NFL, and everyone else for that matter, fixates so much on breast cancer and ignores prostate cancer. There is nothing wrong with trying to raise awareness for breast cancer; I think it's a great cause. But they should also do something for prostate cancer. They both impact roughly the same women/men, with about equal a fatality rate. Yet breast cancer research funding blows prostate cancer research funding out of the water.
People appreciate nice boobs better than nice prostates I guess.;)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

People appreciate nice boobs better than nice prostates I guess.;)
If I come out and say, "Man, I love looking at ladies breasts" then I come across as a pervert or a ******.
If I try to raise money for the fight against breast cancer then I'm OK.
I know that there is a difference regarding the breast with those things but because of the fight they make cute slogans like, "Save the ta-tas" and get away with selling T-Shirts of that. Breast cancer has blurred the lines for guys suggesting they like breasts. Otherwise it looks strange or wrong for a bunch of men in an organized sport supporting Breast Awareness Month.
If I try to raise money for the fight against prostate cancer then that could get backlash from women like, "It's another man thing! Here they go again trying to run the world! It's always all about them!" Etc.
Yes, there is the facial hair thing in November but no one comes right out and calls it for prostate cancer. It's for men's health whatever that means and according to Wikki, it was started in Australia.
Those are just my thoughts or theories on why there could be more attention for one cause over another.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I come out and say, "Man, I love looking at ladies breasts" then I come across as a pervert or a ******.
If I try to raise money for the fight against breast cancer then I'm OK.
I know that there is a difference regarding the breast with those things but because of the fight they make cute slogans like, "Save the ta-tas" and get away with selling T-Shirts of that. Breast cancer has blurred the lines for guys suggesting they like breasts. Otherwise it looks strange or wrong for a bunch of men in an organized sport supporting Breast Awareness Month.
If I try to raise money for the fight against prostate cancer then that could get backlash from women like, "It's another man thing! Here they go again trying to run the world! It's always all about them!" Etc.
Yes, there is the facial hair thing in November but no one comes right out and calls it for prostate cancer. It's for men's health whatever that means and according to Wikki, it was started in Australia.
Those are just my thoughts or theories on why there could be more attention for one cause over another.

You make a couple of good points. As you said, if there was prostate cancer awareness month in the NFL and there was not breast cancer awareness month, I think a lot of women would be upset.

I think there are a few reasons why breast cancer receives more attention than prostate, these being the main ones.
1. Breast Cancer tends to strike women at a younger age than prostate cancer does men.
2. Men are generally taught to be tough and not show weakness
3. There is generally more sympathy for women in pain than there is to men.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I lost my sister in June a. She had breast cancer that spread , to her bones there are many types of breast cancer. I don't know why they choose October for breast month but like men women don't get exams like they should, and these cancers can spread depending on if they get into . Lymhnodes , I lost my brother this week do to prostate cancer witch there is no cure. The problem with that type is you don't know you have it till it's to late no signs you have it your life span if your lucky a year. I have breast cancer will be going through a lot even though I'm a women I have high risk of prostrate so I can relate to both. I hope. I'm not offending any one but I have faith in God who will guide my doctors sorry for long post.

Sky King

Reaction score
Good for him. It's hard when you lose people to cancer I go this week for my lumpectomy so go Sam and the pack win big
My missus had her lumpectomy about this time 27 years ago. They removed five malignant tumors and then she had more follow-up treatment over the next few months. BTW, she's in the next room yakking on the phone as I type this. Stay positive.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I lost my sister in June a. She had breast cancer that spread , to her bones there are many types of breast cancer. I don't know why they choose October for breast month but like men women don't get exams like they should, and these cancers can spread depending on if they get into . Lymhnodes ,

I lost my brother this week do to prostate cancer witch there is no cure. The problem with that type is you don't know you have it till it's to late no signs you have it your life span if your lucky a year. I have breast cancer will be going through a lot even though I'm a women I have high risk of prostrate so I can relate to both. I hope. I'm not offending any one but I have faith in God who will guide my doctors sorry for long post.

Sorry to hear about your brother and sister..that has to be very hard..

But prostrate cancer can be cured, my dad had it in 1994, at age of 68 I think...He had radiation seeds put in his prostrate and it worked..He lived till 2012..bladder cancer got him

http://www.pcf.org/site/c.leJRIROrEpH/b.5800851/k.645A/Prostate_Cancer_FAQs.htm

How curable is prostate cancer?
As with all cancers, "cure" rates for prostate cancer describe the percentage of patients likely remaining disease-free for a specific time. In general, the earlier the cancer is caught, the more likely it is for the patient to remain disease-free.

Because approximately 90% of all prostate cancers are detected in the local and regional stages, the cure rate for prostate cancer is very high—nearly 100% of men diagnosed at this stage will be disease-free after five years. By contrast, in the 1970s, only 67% of men diagnosed with local or regional prostate cancer were disease-free after five years.

Screening for prostate cancer can be performed in a physician’s office using two tests: the PSA (prostate-specific antigen) blood test and the digital ****** exam (DRE).

Key is it has to be caught early...But it is curable

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

If we`re going to be specific, I lost my first wife 12 years ago to ovarian cancer, which in the UK particularly has a fatality rate of 86%, and is known as the silent killer. Most of us have been touched in some way by Cancer. My point is, Cancer is Cancer and ANY research is a good thing.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your brother and sister..that has to be very hard..

But prostrate cancer can be cured, my dad had it in 1994, at age of 68 I think...He had radiation seeds put in his prostrate and it worked..He lived till 2012..bladder cancer got him

http://www.pcf.org/site/c.leJRIROrEpH/b.5800851/k.645A/Prostate_Cancer_FAQs.htm

Key is it has to be caught early...But it is curable
I always get prostate messed up with pancreas cancer thank you for your thoughts.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My missus had her lumpectomy about this time 27 years ago. They removed five malignant tumors and then she had more follow-up treatment over the next few months. BTW, she's in the next room yakking on the phone as I type this. Stay positive.
than you for your encouragement.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't see anyone wearing any pink.
Thankfully it's pretty much over.
I think they can get the awareness out there without the mismatched pink the players wear.

I'm confused why we don't just have all the ladies hang their booblieees out during breast cancer awareness month so we can appreciate them! :D :confused::( Sorry

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm confused why we don't just have all the ladies hang their booblieees out during breast cancer awareness month so we can appreciate them! :D :confused::( Sorry
No need to be sorry to me.
I like this idea!

We live in a society that is full of all sorts of double standards.
Save 'em but it's obscene to see 'em.
The children! Think about the children! But it's OK to let them watch all sorts of gruesome violence on TV.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No need to be sorry to me.
I like this idea!

We live in a society that is full of all sorts of double standards.
Save 'em but it's obscene to see 'em.
The children! Think about the children! But it's OK to let them watch all sorts of gruesome violence on TV.

:D THAT's what I'm sayin! We love woman and their boobereeenies... let's get em out so people know what we're taking care of and making sure are healthy! :tup: It's one of the very few things I agree with Europe about. There's nothing obscene about *******. ...it's the hairy arm pits and warm beer that I don't get.:confused:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:D THAT's what I'm sayin! We love woman and their boobereeenies... let's get em out so people know what we're taking care of and making sure are healthy! :tup: It's one of the very few things I agree with Europe about. There's nothing obscene about *******. ...it's the hairy arm pits and warm beer that I don't get.:confused:
Have you seen those pics of the female soccer fans who have them body painted in the team colors?
Packers babes could do that. One green and the other yellow!

I like your use of the word "boobereenies."
I'm going to have to start using that one.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Women who would so that would get arrested ,there are women who lost both and put tattoos in there place these days women show more happens at summer fest a few years ago women went topless and were arrested