PACKERS/SAINTS INFO NEEDED

scotto_25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good morning guys...

I've followed the Packers for quite some time now. I've always loved the tradition and admired the winning culture and fandemonium! I'm a New Orleans Saints fan first and foremost. Born and raised in Louisiana and bleed Black and Gold.

I do travel to Wisconsin every 15 months are so for work, but I have never been to a game and we usually stay cooped up with work related projects.

Would you all be kind enough to help me out with a few things being that this will be our first Packer game? We go on one Saints road trip per year and knew THIS would be the one when the schedule was released.

We are staying in Milwaukee and have a nice party bus lined up to bring us to/from Lambeau on gameday.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:
-Things to do in Milwaukee (This is all guy trip 35-40 years old). We are staying at Aloft-Downtown.
-Restaurants or Bars
-Gameday experience

ANY/ALL help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good morning guys...

I've followed the Packers for quite some time now. I've always loved the tradition and admired the winning culture and fandemonium! I'm a New Orleans Saints fan first and foremost. Born and raised in Louisiana and bleed Black and Gold.

I do travel to Wisconsin every 15 months are so for work, but I have never been to a game and we usually stay cooped up with work related projects.

Would you all be kind enough to help me out with a few things being that this will be our first Packer game? We go on one Saints road trip per year and knew THIS would be the one when the schedule was released.

We are staying in Milwaukee and have a nice party bus lined up to bring us to/from Lambeau on gameday.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:
-Things to do in Milwaukee (This is all guy trip 35-40 years old). We are staying at Aloft-Downtown.
-Restaurants or Bars
-Gameday experience

ANY/ALL help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Harley museum
German restraunts downtown
Friday's at Miller park (brewers) for lunch
Miller brewery tour - free beer!

Game day
Come early and tailgate or stadium view bar. Fun!

OP
OP
S

scotto_25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll keep checking back for local opinions. Can't wait for this trip!

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I recommend the Miller Brewery Tour.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pizza : Rustico in 3rd ward downtown
Italian : Balistreris in wauwatosa
German: Maders (must do)

Bars: Milwaukee ale house. On the river - there are a dozen similar and all about the same.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will tell you now that the food in the north is NOTHING like cajun food. when I go to new orleans I am always overwhelmed by the seasoning and amazed at how hot some of the dishes are BUT soooooooo good! You will be disappointed in the lack of seasoning we use up north and the nightlife compared to new orleans. don't expect too much.
don't lose hope! you will be staying near a brat joint that you have to try. we are known for brats! also, aj bombers will be good joint for an all guy group. burgers and beers?! how can you go wrong with that?! as others mentioned try a brewery tour. btw...I wouldn't venture too far from where you are staying. other than bars and restaurants you can do museums like others mentioned as well. many to choose from. harley would be nice for the guys.

when you enter green bay, you will notice the long history and culture that is packer nation!

btw...if you have a chance try cousins subs. I noticed you guys down south don't have cousins sub. I wish they had one in new orleans but had to settle for subways or quiznos. so disappointed.

Last edited:

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gameday at Lambeau is great, i'm a Packers fan from the south, but the locals treat other teams fans good, ( as long as you treat them good) . Best tailgating anywhere, good bars around the stadium, my Uncle lives in the neighborhood across Lombardi Ave. and I love walking to the game and see all the people partying. You will have a blast, I went to the Saints game at Lambeau and saw many Saints fans ( the guys with hardhats and rats on the hat were there). Have fun and don't cry when you lose.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi Scotto 25,
First and foremost I hope you have a great Wisconsin experience. When you walk into Lambeau don't be startled by the feeling that comes over you, it's just Vince greeting you. As someone said earlier, if you can, tailgate!! Stadium View bar is a fun location to set up and light the grill. I am guessing that many fans (both Saint's and Packer's) will welcome you with a beverage. Enjoy! As far as Milwaukee (since you are staying downtown), check out the river walk. It has many bars and restaurants to enjoy. If you enjoy a cigar occasionally, be certain to check out Uhle Tobacco Company at 114 W. Wisconsin Ave. I am betting it is walking distance from your hotel. Be sure to check out a part of the down town area called the "Third Ward" many good restaurants and fun bars to stop at. One more thing you need to try is "custard" I don't believe you have it down south. It's similar to a very creamy ice cream but much better. You can find it at local Culver's restaurants or my favorite, Copp's Custard. I hope you and your friends have an awesome time!! Please give a shout out if you have any questions.

D.S.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Brewery tour, brewery tour, stop for some cheese curds, brewery tour, brewery tour

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Brewery tour, brewery tour, stop for some cheese curds, brewery tour, brewery tour
HEY! We have cultured tastes available too like wineries and Harley plants!! Also, weather dependent, PGA quality golf courses within an hour of Milwaukee which puts them about an hour from Green Bay. Don't forget the Jelly bean plant!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Lot of good advice!!

Staying at Aloft? very nice. How long? Since this will be in October, the weather should still be fine, however Marquette University is very close and with that, college kids will be out. Water Street and Old World 3rd can be very crowded on Friday nights.

So walking from Aloft, you have AJ Bombers, burgers and beer..- I believe it was on a food tv show? Might have been a burger contest it is literally a few blocks around the corner.--1247 N Water St, Milwaukee, WI 53202--

There is Maders,(mentioned already) a old German restaurant- 1041 N Old World 3rd St, Milwaukee, WI 53203

Italian? Calderone Club- 842 N Old World 3rd St, Milwaukee, WI 53203

_________

These arent really in walking distance..

Mexican? Botanas- 816 S 5th St, Milwaukee, WI 53204-1729...I have friends that only go there they love it so much.

Conejito- 539 W Virginia St, Milwaukee, WI 53204-1536---this place was a Milwaukee icon for years..It has grown alot, and at one point Cheech Marin (from cheech and chong) had said that was the best Mexcian food he had in a while. This may have been in the 2000's but it was in a radio interview.

If you are there on a Friday night, you need to get a (traditional) fish fry in Milwaukee. I am sure there are a ton in downtown that have great ones. I never had one DT..But I have had others in different parts of the city.

Amelias which is next to airport (at most 15 mins away) and about a 15$ uber/lyft ride. 724 E Layton Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53207

Klemmers (my favorite) - 10401 W Oklahoma Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53227 -- Lakefront Brewery- 1872 N Commerce St, Milwaukee, WI 53212l--and it has a brewery tour as well. If you want to go to either one, Ill come get you and take you. I love the fish fry!!!

What else is more Wis than cheese and beer?

138 W Bruce St, Milwaukee, WI 53204-- is a downtown cheese factory. (not really walking distance)

Yes there are many beer tours, but I know Milwaukee Brewing (which is mico brew) I have heard for 10$- it is basically all you can drink in a hour or 2--I dont know this for a fact, that is what I have heard. I drive for Uber and Lyft and have picked up many people from there, and all have said nothing but good things about that place.

You also have Miller and others..Do a search, I think there is even a company that takes on many different ones? https://funbeertoursmke.com/

You have the Harley Museum-

Bars along the river ( Water Street) and bars along Old World 3rd street..Since you are Aloft you can walk to those.

Then there is a place called the SAfeHouse (to far to walk) (was also on the Travel Channel) To enter you need to find the door in the alley, and give password. To leave you can leave through a phone booth.

OP
OP
S

scotto_25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's great to hear that our hotel is "very nice", we did get a really good group rate for this. We are staying from Friday to Tuesday and are looking forward to hitting the local bar scene as well as dining on some Wisconsin cuisine! Thanks for all of your help and input, I'll continue popping in to see if any other info comes available. This is better than hiring a travel agent!

Thanks guys and gals!

Members online

Latest posts