Packers running game

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think TT took a huge risk by resigning Ahman Green and Najeh Davenport. I don't think Green will last too long and Davenport is done.

If Green goes down and Davenport continues to struggle the Packers running game will be in a bind. Remember when Dorsey Levens went down?

OP
OP
B

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:
Remember when Bobby Boucher showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl? Do ya!?

and do you remember Clarke Hinkle rushing for 476 yds? Do ya!?

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not that old... but I do remember Ray Finkle not pointing the laces out!

But seriously... If the offensive line becomes what it's supposed to become, we could stick Al Michaels back there for a 1000 yard season.

OP
OP
B

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:
But seriously... If the offensive line becomes what it's supposed to become, we could stick Al Michaels back there for a 1000 yard season.

There should be some questions answered about the OL on Monday night vs the Bengals. Atlanta Falcons aren't much to base final opinions on.

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
BoydAvery said:
I think TT took a huge risk by resigning Ahman Green and Najeh Davenport. I don't think Green will last too long and Davenport is done.

If Green goes down and Davenport continues to struggle the Packers running game will be in a bind. Remember when Dorsey Levens went down?

how was it a risk? no big money, no long years, if the green poop doesn't perform they won't return as packers.

*from now on our running game is "green poop"*

OP
OP
B

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
BoydAvery said:

how was it a risk?

Because then the Packers will have no running game.

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
BoydAvery said:
thetombradyhater said:
BoydAvery said:

how was it a risk?

Because then the Packers will have no running game.

thats not a risk just bad judgement there was no risk in signing them

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not believe it was a bad risk or bad judgement to sign them. And reserve judgement on the running game and ahman green until you see the guy play

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BoydAvery said:
Popcynical said:

There should be some questions answered about the OL on Monday night vs the Bengals. Atlanta Falcons aren't much to base final opinions on.

Falcons are stronger up front than the Bengals. The Bengals really struggled against the run a year ago and really don't have that great of a defense. Atlanta probably has a top 10 defense on paper.

Overall I think what GB did against Atlanta suprised everyone including Packer fans. They need to continue to build off of it.

Tennessee isn't much of a test either.

Week 1 against Chicago will be the big test.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BoydAvery said:

If that happened, maybe they could sign Levens?

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fail to see what everyone is talking about for the Packers running game against the Falcons. They had 126 yards rushing for the game, much of which came off of one run by Beach and a reverse by Driver. Take those away and we gained 88 yards rushing. Davenport averaged 2.6 yards per carry and Herron averaged 3.3.

IMO, the RB position is the biggest question mark on this team going into the season. Lose Green and GB is in a world of hurt.

As to who else we could have gotten, I didn't see much in FA that I think would have made much of an immediate impact, but there were definitly some good young RBs available in the draft. Maybe we could have gotten one instead of taking our 2nd string lineman in the 2nd (Colledge) or our soon to be released WR/KR in the 4th (Rodgers).

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
As to who else we could have gotten, I didn't see much in FA that I think would have made much of an immediate impact, but there were definitly some good young RBs available in the draft. Maybe we could have gotten one instead of taking our 2nd string lineman in the 2nd (Colledge) or our soon to be released WR/KR in the 4th (Rodgers).

Brian Caulhon was taking a pick before us and that still makes me cringe. Damn Lions!!!

Anyways I thought Jamal Lewis would've been a nice pickup in free agency. He's only 27 and could probably run the scheme well. Mike Anderson was a 1,000 yard back in Denver in the exact same scheme. Baltimore was fast to sign both of them though.

I really like Michael Bush from Louisville. Pending where Green Bay picks in next years draft, we might want to take a look at him. Big physical guy but has speed as well. All around solid back and projects to be a top 15 pick in the Draft.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Ahman Green will stay solid for this season and the next, man why are you people always so negative, and Najeh Davenport wasgood when Green went down last season (until he eventually went down) and then theres always Samkon and we know he is solid and strong.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Green stays healthy, he will have a good year. He was a Pro-Bowler in 2004 and was playing behind a crap o-line with a nagging injury in 2005. Davenport and Gado will take up the slack if Green gets injured. I really don't know who some people on here expected TT to sign who would have been an immediate improvement over the three listed above.

And before you say it, Reggie Bush wasn't an option. :p

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
If Green stays healthy, he will have a good year. He was a Pro-Bowler in 2004 and was playing behind a crap o-line with a nagging injury in 2005. Davenport and Gado will take up the slack if Green gets injured. I really don't know who some people on here expected TT to sign who would have been an immediate improvement over the three listed above.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

finally for once it doesn't contain, somthing on Greens injury lets talk about how good he is going to do and not about how bad his injuries MIGHT be

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:

Reggie Bush is a little overrated, IMO. I can understand that he is fast and a good runningback but people (once again IMO) are already putting him into the hall of fame because if the saints do good people are going to say its because of Reggie (even if he doesn't play the majority of the season) what ever happened do Deuce McCallister? I like him.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
deuce will surprise some peeps this year. he should stay healthy (less carries) and he is still the Saints #1 RB. On the topic of our running game, it appears fragile to me at this point. Not to say Ahman wont make a good comeback, but our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string backs are coming off of injuries, we have a young, undertalented o-line, and Hendersons out til at least week one. Things could hold up, but if they don't......well, just remember: no team wins in today's NFL without a consistent running game.

Members online

Latest posts