Packers reportedly signed Cundiff and Taylor

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers | B. Taylor agrees to terms
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 21:42:28 -0800

Bob McGinn, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers have agreed to terms with free agent LB Ben Taylor (Brown) on a one-year contract that probably was worth less than $1 million. The decision by Taylor to pick Green Bay over re-signing with the Cleveland Browns came down more to the possibility of significant playing time and maybe a starting job in Green Bay.

Packers | B. Cundiff agrees to terms
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 21:45:27 -0800

Bob McGinn, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers have agreed to terms with free agent PK Billy Cundiff (Buccaneers) on an undisclosed contract

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:eek: Good deal and woth Poppinga 's inability to be ready by first game we still need a fly to the ball LB like; may I say it? A.J. Hawk! A side note; apparently GB has at least two candidates for C that have good upside potential with at least one guard besides the tackles. SO! Who me worry? LOL

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am OK with this signing -- if he can stay healthy he has some upside. But even then the Packers only signed him to a one year contract.

It is hard to get too excited, given that the 2 of the 3 "big" signings of (non-Packer) FA (Manuel and Taylor) GB has made, came down to decisions because they had a better chance of getting more playing time in GB -- in this case more than in that power house Cleveland.

I also understand that we are competing for a Viking LB cast off R. Smith -- ignoring that LB was considered the weakest link in MN defense for the last several years -- I suppose some will drool over that signing too.

I guess the good news is there is talent and depth at LB in the draft.

Being excited about signing guys because they are cheap is kind of like the Fin who says, "the food sucked, it was uneatable," and then says. "and there wasn't nearly enough of it."

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
I am OK with this signing -- if he can stay healthy he has some upside. But even then the Packers only signed him to a one year contract.

It is hard to get too excited, given that the 2 of the 3 "big" signings of (non-Packer) FA (Manuel and Taylor) GB has made, came down to decisions because they had a better chance of getting more playing time in GB -- in this case more than in that power house Cleveland.

I also understand that we are competing for a Viking LB cast off R. Smith -- ignoring that LB was considered the weakest link in MN defense for the last several years -- I suppose some will drool over that signing too.

:) I agree! Although the Pickett signing does excite me a bit. As you say, the draft and still time all the way throughout training camp to improve the LB positions I would be far more impressed if T.T. makes the Hawk choice in the draft. Realize there are still good ones down the board, but I have my fingers crossed for Hawks or Williams. Think either of them could be our best impact player for some years to come.

Being excited about signing guys because they are cheap is kind of like the Fin who says, "the food sucked, it was uneatable," and then says. "and there wasn't nearly enough of it."

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
chibiabos said:
Bruce said:

:) I agree! Although the Pickett signing does excite me a bit. As you say, the draft and still time all the way throughout training camp to improve the LB positions I would be far more impressed if T.T. makes the Hawk choice in the draft. Realize there are still good ones down the board, but I have my fingers crossed for Hawks or Williams. Think either of them could be our best impact player for some years to come.

I liked the Pickett signing alot too!!!

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cundiff...Great.

Get away from my team!

Maybe we could invite Jose Cortez to camp also...

Get a little shat-kicking fest going.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good signing, I think. But I am getting a little ticked off here its been a little bit and we haved signed enough people.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another solid signing, for under a million nonetheless...

We finally have a solid tackling LB next to Nick Barnett...last year Barnett had to make a lot of tackles, and he finally has some help--

And after re-evaluating this team, we didn't need the BIG free agent signing that I thought we did (though a name like Woodson would really get us flying high going into the regular season). Think of all the time-consuming drives that we had against us last year, especially in the second half. We now have someone else that can tackle, and we have a DT in Pickett that won't have to be subbed in and out like Grady was...I like this defense more after it overachieved by a lot last year

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've stayed away from this thread because I don't want to sound negative and I didn't know much about Taylor. But after researching this, I don't see it. Why does this guy excite you guys? It's an OK signing but I think you guys are overevaluating the man. Why was a one year, less than 1mil contract the best this guy could garner? Do we really know more than all the GM's out there?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm a student and i started a part-time job where i work every saturday and sunday, and let me say, it was REALLY tough adjusting to not looking forward to the weekend. it's one of those things that you don't think about until it's taken away. i believe such will be the case with TT losing Ryan Longwell. SO, what i'm trying to say is that i'm not looking forward to billy cundiff, and without longwell, i think that it really might cause TT to not look forward to the weekend anymore, either.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm a student and i started a part-time job where i work every saturday and sunday, and let me say, it was REALLY tough adjusting to not looking forward to the weekend. it's one of those things that you don't think about until it's taken away. i believe such will be the case with TT losing Ryan Longwell. SO, what i'm trying to say is that i'm not looking forward to billy cundiff, and without longwell, i think that it really might cause TT to not look forward to the weekend anymore, either.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Do we really know more than all the GM's out there?

No we dont. This is what Ive been saying. GMs get the benefit of the doubt with me until they prove theyre useless, which sherman did in his tenure.

TTs first season, he had no money and a great draft

This offseason, he has money, and is doing some dinking and dunking, but its not over, and we still have the draft which will rock my socks i bet.

if this next season sucks, and the season after, cuz of TT, then get rid of him, or any GM who cant do the job.

But its hard to blame TT for the injuries, thats for sure. Hopefully free weights helps.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
DePack said:
Do we really know more than all the GM's out there?

No we dont. This is what Ive been saying. GMs get the benefit of the doubt with me until they prove theyre useless, which sherman did in his tenure.

TTs first season, he had no money and a great draft

This offseason, he has money, and is doing some dinking and dunking, but its not over, and we still have the draft which will rock my socks i bet.

if this next season sucks, and the season after, cuz of TT, then get rid of him, or any GM who cant do the job.

But its hard to blame TT for the injuries, thats for sure. Hopefully free weights helps.

I'm not blaming TT and I'm glad he only signed for one year for less than a mil. I just said it's hard to get excited about signing a one mil per year lb when nobody else even offered him that.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hear ya.

but with rumors of other LBs coming in, and the fact we might get Hawk...

theres so much still we dont see behind the scenes...i get excited thinking about it. some people picture ted with his feet on the desk, sleeping..lol

but i dont, but thats just me..

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
i hear ya.

but with rumors of other LBs coming in, and the fact we might get Hawk...

theres so much still we dont see behind the scenes...i get excited thinking about it. some people picture ted with his feet on the desk, sleeping..lol

but i dont, but thats just me..

I thought I read Taylor had health concerns. Anybody know anything about that?

Members online

Latest posts