Packers released WH

jessefly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just went to the packers website and the top article is how the packers released William henderson....now i see green is gone to the texans

like the packer team i knew is dropping all the players i knew to players i know nothing about

Are they gonna take a RB in the 1st round? :kickcan:

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the hell for, he is an awesome fullback. I know he is old but he is still a workhorse. He'll retire now.
-----

William Henderson will not make it a lucky 13 with the Green Bay Packers.

The long-time fullback of the Green Bay Packers was released Wednesday.

Henderson has been the lead blocker in the Packers' power running game since being drafted in the third round in 1995. The 6-1, 252-pounder was part of one Super Bowl-winning team with the Packers.

Henderson, 36, played in 188 games with the Packers, rushing for 425 yards and five touchdowns. Only Brett Favre, Bart Starr and Ray Nitschke have played in more game than Henderson with the Packers.

Since 2003, Henderson has had just one carry

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just went to the packers website and the top article is how the packers released William henderson....now i see green is gone to the texans

like the packer team i knew is dropping all the players i knew to players i know nothing about

Are they gonna take a RB in the 1st round? :kickcan:
It's an unfortunate fact, that just like everything else, teams constantly change. Green and Hendo WERE great, but both well past their prime. They are fan favorites, and it's hard to say farewell.

And Cham.........TT hasn't underachieved yet in my view. What do you base your opinion on? He is the GM, and his job is to make the team better. Blowing your money on guys that just don't have it anymore is NOT the way to keep your team strong.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You too Trom, At least I am not TT *** Licker !!! Hope it tastes good !!! At least it should it seems that you really enjoy it !!!

Cheesey I know his job is to make the team better, so far the numbers show that he hasnt, IMHO, and in this FA we have got weaker, just my opinion..... Time will tell....

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You too Trom, At least I am not TT *** Licker !!! Hope it tastes good !!! At least it should it seems that you really enjoy it !!!

Cheesey I know his job is to make the team better, so far the numbers show that he hasnt, IMHO, and in this FA we have got weaker, just my opinion..... Time will tell....

They went from 4-12, to 8-8 last year. Thats not an improvement?
TT inherited a very weak club, and has had to try to improve it as he can. He had to let go Green and Hendo. To us, it's hard, cause they are awesome men. But the reality is, they just arn't what they once were. Green is not worth 8 million, and Henderson is only a very part time player now. TT has to use the money wisely, or the team will stink it up big time. He doesn't have the emotional ties to the players we fans tend to get. Which really is good for the team.
Favre is coming back, and i don't think he would have if he thought TT was no good. After all, Favre can only work with what he has. If the players arn't there, he won't succeed either.
i think TT has done fine, and will only get better. Just my opinion of course.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello there Cheesey,,,, I went to 2 games in Lambeau last year the last one VS the Jets,,,,,,,, did you go to that one,? I got to tell you I saw the worst game I have ever attended live of the Packers, maybe the worst I have ever seen of this team, counting the 80´s,,,,

I dont know I have the feeling that 8-8 is a mirage, we were closer to 6-10 or even 5-11 IMHO we got lucky...

I hope I am 100% wrong and we make the playoffs this year and I have to eat my words....

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Chamuko, have some patience! I wouldn't give a squirt of horse **** for some of these instant millionaires. I want to see Deion Grant signed. I would love to get Ladell Betts from the Skins, and I want to see Griffith signed by the end of his visit today or tomorrow.

We have a lot of young hungry players coming to camp this year. Do we really want to impede their progress with guys like Joe Horn?

I'd rather see our cap money get spent on Barnett and Corey Williams and for Christ sakes give Tauscher a raise.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You too Trom, At least I am not TT *** Licker !!! Hope it tastes good !!! At least it should it seems that you really enjoy it

Thank You Chamuko for this very educational and eloquent insightful post.

YOU INSPIRED ME! I think a change in careers is an idea for me personally at this time.

Can anyone tell me what courses I need to take to become a Border Patrol agent in the Arizona Desert?

R.P.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:

Chamuko, have some patience! I wouldn't give a squirt of horse **** for some of these instant millionaires. I want to see Deion Grant signed. I would love to get Ladell Betts from the Skins, and I want to see Griffith signed by the end of his visit today or tomorrow.

We have a lot of young hungry players coming to camp this year. Do we really want to impede their progress with guys like Joe Horn?

I'd rather see our cap money get spent on Barnett and Corey Williams and for Christ sakes give Tauscher a raise.

Seems that we all want to get a better team,,,,, I am patient, my first post was more of a joke, I dont like TT a lot really, but that is not a secret.

Anyway I wish TT luck and I wish him success, because his luck and success will mean the same for the Packers,,,,, maybe it was Trom who make me upset, so far I should have learned not to let me get upset.

By the way you are right on Grant and Griffith but I have serious doubts we will get them !!!

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You too Trom, At least I am not TT *** Licker !!! Hope it tastes good !!! At least it should it seems that you really enjoy it

Thank You Chamuko for this very educational and eloquent insightful post.

YOU INSPIRED ME! I think a change in careers is an idea for me personally at this time.

Can anyone tell me what courses I need to take to become a Border Patrol agent in the Arizona Desert?

R.P.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Chamuko said:

Seems that we all want to get a better team,,,,, I am patient, my first post was more of a joke, I dont like TT a lot really, but that is not a secret.

Anyway I wish TT luck and I wish him success, because his luck and success will mean the same for the Packers,,,,, maybe it was Trom who make me upset, so far I should have learned not to let me get upset.

By the way you are right on Grant and Griffith but I have serious doubts we will get them !!!

Yes Trom, the Jerry Springer of Packer Forum. Maybe we should call him Ed Norton, because he turns a lot of you into Jakie Gleason.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
WTF??????????

This is not a ANTI TED OR I LOVE TED topic..

Cant we post that crap in the right area?

Members online

Latest posts