1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers Release KGB

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by packerbackerinin, Nov 1, 2008.

1. packerbackerinin

packerbackerinin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Green Bay Packers on Saturday activated defensive tackle Justin Harrell from the physically unable to perform list and released defensive end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila.
    Advertisement
    Quantcast

Harrell, a first-round pick in 2007, appeared in seven games, including two starts, as a rookie in 2007. He battled injuries during the offseason and was placed on the PUP list to start the 2008 season.

In nine seasons with the Packers, Gbaja-Biamila appeared in 124 career games, including 74 starts. He is the franchise’s all-time sacks leader with 74½, having passed Reggie White (68½) in 2007.

“We want to thank Kabeer for his contributions to the Green Bay Packers,” General Manager Ted Thompson said. “During his time here, he has been a big part of our organization and our community. We wish Kabeer and his family well.”

Reported by Green Bay Press Gazzette.

2. wischeez

wischeez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I kind of figured that was going to happen one day.

3. pseudocide

pseudocide Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    obviously i was shocked to hear it just like i was when brett retired but realistically it probably should have happened during the offseason. at least the organization gave him a chance this year, he just has not had the same burst since his most recent surgery. i think this will help the defense, especially with harrell, hunter, and monty back, the D-line LOOKS alot better.

i hope KGB can find another team, he's a genuinely nice guy and deserves to at the very least sit on the bench somewhere and earn a paycheck.

4. Pugger

Pugger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    KGB released a statement after he was released (I saw it on the Press-Gazette website) and of course this classy guy thanked the Packers for everything. Good luck KGB and I hope he can catch onto another team and be successful - except when that team plays us of course! ;)

5. carlos

carlos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    KGB. Tops in the class in "CLASS." A great person who will be missed.

6. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    Agreed with everything that has been said.

A good servant to the Packers :)

It just kind of baffled me that we released him mid-season though? It's to my understanding that he will still get his $6m or whatever, so why not just keep hold of him, just incase of more injuries? (god forbid).

7. Packer.In.The.Peg

Packer.In.The.Peg Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    hopefully KJB finds another team. It was great having you here with the pack and good luck.

8. Jcat

Jcat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    They needed the roster spot when Harrell came of the PUP list, so they had to let somebody go. KGB wasn't contributing, so he was the odd man out. I would be surprised if anybody picks him up, even at the minimum; the knee injury sapped his speed. KGB is a warrior, and an honorable man. He should be proud, he had an excellent career and topped Reggie on the team sack list.