Packers Release KGB

packerbackerinin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers on Saturday activated defensive tackle Justin Harrell from the physically unable to perform list and released defensive end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila.
Advertisement
Quantcast

Harrell, a first-round pick in 2007, appeared in seven games, including two starts, as a rookie in 2007. He battled injuries during the offseason and was placed on the PUP list to start the 2008 season.

In nine seasons with the Packers, Gbaja-Biamila appeared in 124 career games, including 74 starts. He is the franchise’s all-time sacks leader with 74½, having passed Reggie White (68½) in 2007.

“We want to thank Kabeer for his contributions to the Green Bay Packers,” General Manager Ted Thompson said. “During his time here, he has been a big part of our organization and our community. We wish Kabeer and his family well.”

Reported by Green Bay Press Gazzette.

pseudocide

Cheesehead
Reaction score
obviously i was shocked to hear it just like i was when brett retired but realistically it probably should have happened during the offseason. at least the organization gave him a chance this year, he just has not had the same burst since his most recent surgery. i think this will help the defense, especially with harrell, hunter, and monty back, the D-line LOOKS alot better.

i hope KGB can find another team, he's a genuinely nice guy and deserves to at the very least sit on the bench somewhere and earn a paycheck.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB released a statement after he was released (I saw it on the Press-Gazette website) and of course this classy guy thanked the Packers for everything. Good luck KGB and I hope he can catch onto another team and be successful - except when that team plays us of course! ;)

carlos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB. Tops in the class in "CLASS." A great person who will be missed.

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed with everything that has been said.

A good servant to the Packers :)

It just kind of baffled me that we released him mid-season though? It's to my understanding that he will still get his $6m or whatever, so why not just keep hold of him, just incase of more injuries? (god forbid).

Jcat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They needed the roster spot when Harrell came of the PUP list, so they had to let somebody go. KGB wasn't contributing, so he was the odd man out. I would be surprised if anybody picks him up, even at the minimum; the knee injury sapped his speed. KGB is a warrior, and an honorable man. He should be proud, he had an excellent career and topped Reggie on the team sack list.

Members online

Latest posts