Packers release Joe Callahan

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Wonder what the reason for bringing in him then cutting him shortly after? Did they not like what they saw up close and personal? Didnt fit system? Whatever we know he works well here in Green Bay! We need a 3rd QB anyways.

According to Mike Garafalo the Saints want him back but needed the roster spot to add depth on the defensive line.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Callahan will come back to our PS I'd love to have him! Can't believe teams with aging, highly paid QB's (some injured) aren't making a run at him, though (AZ, Chicago, SD, NO, or even KC)?

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Callahan will come back to our PS I'd love to have him! Can't believe teams with aging, highly paid QB's (some injured) aren't making a run at him, though (AZ, Chicago, SD, NO, or even KC)?
I also thought Arizona would bring him in for a look. Hopefully we swoop him up soon. Very Savvy young QB with beautiful feet in the pocket!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of the sudden Callahan has a decent shot to start his first NFL game. Have to say I'm rooting for the kid. Study that playbook and wait for your shot to show the world what you have.
I agree, I like to see underdogs succeed. Just think if the Browns finally find their QB in an UDRFA that started his career with the Packers, ala Kurt Warner.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought it all pretty much blew up with Johnny Foosball?
you could see that coming, just a freight train bearing right down on them. I'll never understand how he got picked before the 5th round. Someone must have really though an inaccurate passer with a marginal arm that could avoid slow linemen was really going to be something in the NFL. Toss in his mental make up and they got a real winner.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do feel bad for Callahan. It's a shot and opportunity, but Cleveland truly is a factory of sadness. There aren't many fan bases that have less hope than Browns fans.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do feel bad for Callahan. It's a shot and opportunity, but Cleveland truly is a factory of sadness. There aren't many fan bases that have less hope than Browns fans.
Not sure what they would say now that Penn State beat OSU, but I heard somewhere that earlier in the year, that over half of Ohio residents that were polled, thought that the Buckeyes could beat the Browns lol.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure what they would say now that Penn State beat OSU, but I heard somewhere that earlier in the year, that over half of Ohio residents that were polled, thought that the Buckeyes could beat the Browns lol.

Penn St fan here. Thought the game would be over by halftime, wasn't feeling good, went to bed early. Turn on the tv next morning and.....I'm still pissed.

Staff online

Latest posts