Packers RELEASE A PLAYER!!

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers Release Kurt Campbell

03/19/2007

The Green Bay Packers Monday released linebacker Kurt Campbell, a seventh-round selection in the 2005 NFL Draft. Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson made the announcement.

Damn to bad it wasnt Robert Ferguson or Marquand Manuel

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing too earthshattering here. To me it just looks like TT is getting an early start at the process of releasing past draft picks in order to make room for the 11-12 he'll be bringing in this year.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing too earthshattering here. To me it just looks like TT is getting an early start at the process of releasing past draft picks in order to make room for the 11-12 he'll be bringing in this year.
In order to bring in new guys, someone has to go. And if it's someone you don't think can contribute, they are gone. Good business sense to me.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
In order to bring in new guys, someone has to go. And if it's someone you don't think can contribute, they are gone. Good business sense to me.

Oh I don't disagree with the concept cheesey. I'm just pointing out that five of the 11 guys he drafted the year before last and a couple of the guys he drafted last year are now gone. A couple more before the end of training camp and he should have plenty of room.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

lolololol

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:

Cheesey,

Good point my friend.

There are ONLY 1,800 players in the N.F.L. That indeed means for every signing there must be a cut, because there can only be 1,800. Eighteen Hundred of the best of the best, who don the NFL colors.

This is why I could personally never trash a player, or make a snide comment about any player who made it.

It actually makes me sad when I read someone on any forum who trashes a player who has done his best, been a good citizen and got the most of out his athletic skills and genes.

The bottom line is this.... He gave it his shot. Fell short from an NFL standard, but accomplished more that so very many.

When I read a smart *** post about a cut like "What a loss?" I laugh, because if the guy who posts a comment like that had a even a cousin who was a 7th round draft pick by the Green Bay Packers he would be bragging about his cousin to every chick he was trying to bang in Bob's Bar and Grill every day after work.

Well Done Kurt Campbell, you are one of the best, no one can take that away from you ever.... and I never read about you being pulled over for a D.U.I. or beating you girl.

R.P.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Lare said:

Cheesey,

Good point my friend.

There are ONLY 1,800 players in the N.F.L. That indeed means for every signing there must be a cut, because there can only be 1,800. Eighteen Hundred of the best of the best, who don the NFL colors.

This is why I could personally never trash a player, or make a snide comment about any player who made it.

It actually makes me sad when I read someone on any forum who trashes a player who has done his best, been a good citizen and got the most of out his athletic skills and genes.

The bottom line is this.... He gave it his shot. Fell short from an NFL standard, but accomplished more that so very many.

When I read a smart *** post about a cut like "What a loss?" I laugh, because if the guy who posts a comment like that had a even a cousin who was a 7th round draft pick by the Green Bay Packers he would be bragging about his cousin to every chick he was trying to bang in Bob's Bar and Grill every day after work.

Well Done Kurt Campbell, you are one of the best, no one can take that away from you ever.... and I never read about you being pulled over for a D.U.I. or beating you girl.

R.P.

Very good post RP....

Althought Franks Bar and Grill would work better for this story

:thumbsup:

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bummer for Campbell. As I recall, Thompson and the coaching staff really liked him, but he had to spend his first two seasons on IR with severe leg injuries. Maybe he'll beat the odds and succeed like Mike Flanagan did after a similar start to his career--but it will have to be with another team.

This is already the 12th response to this post. Obviously we are all desperate for something, ANYTHING, to write about.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Lare said:

Oh I don't disagree with the concept cheesey. I'm just pointing out that five of the 11 guys he drafted the year before last and a couple of the guys he drafted last year are now gone. A couple more before the end of training camp and he should have plenty of room.

It's better than having a percentage of around 1/3 of your draft picks out of the NFL.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the offseason conditioning program starting this guy is just awaiting another accident to on IR for yet another unproductive year.

Cutting him is cheaper than the IR.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Lare said:

Cheesey,

Good point my friend.

R.P.

RP - You, Sir, are a class act.

I consider myself extremely athletic. Whenever we have corporate challenges, I run circles around the competition and usually help my team at least place, whatever the sport (except baseball).

I played some sandlot with a few boys in semi-pro football and got my *ss kicked. Those boys knew if they played a day in the NFL, they'd get their *sses kicked. ANYONE IN THE NFL is a tremendous athlete, and deserves our utmost respect. It's easy to sit back in a chair and belittle professional athletes, but when you actually get out there and work out with them, you get a whole new experience.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:eek:fftopic: AS the world turns remember:

CODA: To sum up:
1. The cosmos is a gigantic fly-wheel making 10,000 revolutions a minute.
2. Man is a sick fly taking a dizzy ride on it.
3. Religion is the theory that the wheel was designed and set spinning to give him the ride.
Printed in the; Smart Set Dec. 1920
by H.L. Mencken

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Lare said:

This is a GREAT point! My counter point would be........how many times have we seen GM's KEEP players they drafted, just because their "egos" won't allow them to admit they made a mistake in drafting a guy? I'd MUCH rather have a GM that will cut his losses, making room for the next draftees coming in, then to hold onto people that in the end only cost the team, and don't help it. Now they have roster spots, and more money for the new guys. Now, if TT had to cut ALL his picks because they didn't make the team, then i would say he wasted the draft. But like i have stated before, NO GM hits on all picks. If 50% make the team, it's pretty good in my opinion.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Lare said:

Cheesey,

Good point my friend.

R.P.
I agree with others here RP......CLASS ACT!
You took my point and elaborated on it quite elloquently!
GREAT post!

Members online

Latest posts