Packers Release 20, Place Three On I.R., Trade For Grant

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised we couldn't find any willing trade partners for any of these guys.

since you think this team sucks so bad... how in gods freakin name are we gonna find a trade partner for what you call euroleague talent when we are just gonna cut them anyway.

im sad to see Havner, Rory Johnson, Rayner and Clowney get cut... hopefully we will keep the two LB's and Clowney on the PS. Rayner will get picked up soon.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sad to see Thompson leave, maybe he will be on the practice squad. He has lots to learn but the ability is there..I also liked Bodiford maybe only because I got to talk to him and get his autograph while in WI and he was so funny and nice.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
billv said:
If I'm correct, we are "light" at QB with 2, tight end with 2 and linebacker with 5.
The roster includes 6 CBs and 11 defensive linemen.

Makes sense to keep a lot more defensive players. That's probably because we are pretty well set, talent and depth wise, at all the offensive positions.

It DOES make sense to keep more players at positions where you have more depth. I guess I'm missing the "irony" that seems to be implied here. Do you think they should keep a bad TE and a bad QB at the expense of a good defensive lineman or cornerback? It makes sense to me to hold onto the most talent for now and then look for trades.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was kind of surprised to see Miree gone.
But like was stated earlier in this thread, it doesn't mean we are done yet. Theres a week to go before the season starts!

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
I'm surprised we couldn't find any willing trade partners for any of these guys.

since you think this team sucks so bad... how in gods freakin name are we gonna find a trade partner for what you call euroleague talent when we are just gonna cut them anyway.

im sad to see Havner, Rory Johnson, Rayner and Clowney get cut... hopefully we will keep the two LB's and Clowney on the PS. Rayner will get picked up soon.

I'm happy to see that we are finally in a position to cut NFL quality players. It was only a few years ago boys that we were starting players that didn't belong in the league.

carlos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Denver released their starting fullback from last year. Johnson I believe?? More defensive players equels special teamers.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:

Why give something up when you know the guy will be cut and you can pick him up for virtually nothing?

Because if you trade a 6-7th round pick for him you can have him. If you wait until he is released another else may out bid you for his services.

I too thought there just may be a couple of trades. Rayner for sure and maybe Dendy or Bodiford.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Birdine, Clowney, Harris, Havner, Thompson, Stenavich/Thompson on practice squad?
Birdine, Clowney and Thompson and like Porky says players off another teams cut list to round it out.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
billv said:
If I'm correct, we are "light" at QB with 2, tight end with 2 and linebacker with 5.
The roster includes 6 CBs and 11 defensive linemen.

Makes sense to keep a lot more defensive players. That's probably because we are pretty well set, talent and depth wise, at all the offensive positions.

It DOES make sense to keep more players at positions where you have more depth. I guess I'm missing the "irony" that seems to be implied here. Do you think they should keep a bad TE and a bad QB at the expense of a good defensive lineman or cornerback? It makes sense to me to hold onto the most talent for now and then look for trades.

It makes sense to keep your best players.

Why would you keep Clarke Harris over Daniel Muir?

Harris stinks and Muir has proved he deserves a roster spot.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Birdine, Clowney, and Thompson will go to the practice squad. Thompson and Clowney will stay but I bet Birdine gets picked up by another team.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Word is we can release Grant after a couple of games without having to give up the conditional 7th rounder we gave for him. I suggest we try to acquire Broncos' Young and/or pick up Pittman.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
I'm happy to see that we are finally in a position to cut NFL quality players. It was only a few years ago boys that we were starting players that didn't belong in the league.

So, a lot of the "NFL quality" players we cut have already been signed by other teams already in order to improve their talent level, right?

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am ok with the cuts,,,, maybe I should have lived to keep Birdine on the PS..

Anyway...

I wanted teddy to trade for a REAL RB not the kind of castoff he got.

I will be at Lambeau next sunday and I will wittness how bad our running game will be..

I bet that it will be hard to get a RB to get 50 yards next sunday.. Driver might not even dress for the game......

I am upset now, I wish I have gotten tickets for another game maybe in a couple of months when we might get a slight chance to win. Anyway that is why I got tickets for the Dec 3 game vs the Raiders,, maybe then we will be fighting for the 1 st overall draft pick, that will make little teddy very, very happy, but maybe he wont be the one to call the pick

I see the first 4 o5 games as lost games already..

No running game= Favre passing 50 times a game= losing the game.

By the way I want to see what all of you TT lovers will say in a couple of years when Favre has retired and we end up into an endless mediocrity.

Or maybe I am wrong,,,, and I will have to apologise by years end..

Sorry I like to win, and I like to win now..... Maybe that is why I can afford to watch 2 to 4 Packer games a season even when I live outside the US....

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Packnic said:

So, a lot of the "NFL quality" players we cut have already been signed by other teams already in order to improve their talent level, right?

Bodiford went to the Redskins and Manuel to the Panthers.

I'd assume Patrick Dendy gets picked up.

We also signed a lot of our scrubs to the practice squad too.

I read Clowney is in talks with other teams and he could end up on someone's roster.

I wouldn't go as far to call them quality players but I guess our scrubs are at least finding work in football rather than McDonald's like years past.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Word is we can release Grant after a couple of games without having to give up the conditional 7th rounder we gave for him. I suggest we try to acquire Broncos' Young and/or pick up Pittman.

This Grant trade makes less and less sense right now.. it isn't a conditional pick according to the PG Packernews....

The Packers had offered Rayner to the Giants in the Saturday trade that brought running back Ryan Grant to Green Bay. Instead, the Giants wanted a draft pick, which turned out to be a sixth-round pick that contained no conditions on Grant being on the roster for any certain length of time.

Ted apparently didnt want to take a chance with this kid in the waiver wire.. Pittman isn't claimed yet.. worth a look in practice this week.

Packerfanforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am ok with the cuts,,,, maybe I should have lived to keep Birdine on the PS..

Anyway...

I wanted teddy to trade for a REAL RB not the kind of castoff he got.

I will be at Lambeau next sunday and I will wittness how bad our running game will be..

I bet that it will be hard to get a RB to get 50 yards next sunday.. Driver might not even dress for the game......

I am upset now, I wish I have gotten tickets for another game maybe in a couple of months when we might get a slight chance to win. Anyway that is why I got tickets for the Dec 3 game vs the Raiders,, maybe then we will be fighting for the 1 st overall draft pick, that will make little teddy very, very happy, but maybe he wont be the one to call the pick

I see the first 4 o5 games as lost games already..

No running game= Favre passing 50 times a game= losing the game.

By the way I want to see what all of you TT lovers will say in a couple of years when Favre has retired and we end up into an endless mediocrity.

Or maybe I am wrong,,,, and I will have to apologise by years end..

Sorry I like to win, and I like to win now..... Maybe that is why I can afford to watch 2 to 4 Packer games a season even when I live outside the US....

As much as I dont want to believe you, i think you may be onto something.... We'll see, i hope we're wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts