Packers ready to go solo at running back

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
If this were a different time in coach Mike McCarthy's tenure with the Green Bay Packers, it's questionable whether he would have been on board with signing free agent running back Cedric Benson.

Source: JSOnline.com

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Adrian Peterson in his prime would gain much behind this o-line. They just can't run block.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We haven't had a decent running back play for us in about 3 years now, last being Ryan Grant. They have hardly needed to run at all over the last 3 years either.
I think Benson is going to provide exactly what we need this year to have a perfectly balanced offense.
Obviously this will be a pass first and a pass heavy offense but I think the guys will get better as the year goes on and as we hit December then hopefully he will be able to help us run the ball in the cold conditions.
Now last year on offense we proved we didn't need the run in the cold conditions but it can only be a good thing.

Lets just hope Capers figures out a way for this defense to click or we will be looking at a repeat from last year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts