Packers reach deal with Finley

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would he? Or for that matter, why should he? Why would he just give away a large portion of his own market value to the Packers in the form of a draft pick? The only way a team will give up a pick for him is if they think they can pay him less by trading for him. If I'm Flynn, I sure as hell wouldn't "play ball" when I have nothing to gain from it.

It's just a game that has too many variables and is too much of a gamble for all involved for it to ever happen. I would absolutely bet my bottom dollar that there will be no sign and trade because it simply isn't in the cards in this situation.

I agree with you that there's no incentive for Flynn to play ball...and that "tag and trade" happening is unlikely.

I do, however, think that it's a possibility. Though a move like this doesn't seem to be something TT would be willing to do, the allure of acquiring a good draft pick has to be compelling to a "draft and develop" guy like him.

You can say 100% it won't happen, others will say 100% it does...bottom line here is Ted is the only guy who knows. Everything else, at this point, is just speculation. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Everything aside, I glad the Pack re-signed Finley. I really believe that the guy was pressing this year because it was a contract year and being the young guy that he is just plain and simple developed a case of sausage fingers.

I don't think he's a head-case even though he insists on flapping his gums via Twitter too much. Give the kid a year to audition (again) and I think the Pack will have to send some serious ching his way halfway through the following season.

Members online

Latest posts