Packers Re-Sign Najeh Davenport

OP
OP
P

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
interesting note towards the bottom of the article. It says something to the effect that linebacker is the Packers top priority and that they plan on bringing in 4 veterans to compete for 2 open positions. Raonall Smith and Barrett Green were mentioned as posible signings.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packersfan43084 said:
Raonall Smith and Barrett Green were mentioned as posible signings.

who and who?

we should probably be working out players who've started before during their 5 year span in the pros...right? am i crazy?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice

Our RBs are tops in the league

Ahman
Gado
Davenport

THAT is a trio no defensive coordinator wants to think about.

-----

as far as the LB quote goes....WHOOOOO!! Bring in some vets, and lets rock this party. We already have one of the best lines in the league (tell me KGB\Pickett\Jenkins\Kamp isnt a top 5 line...i dare ya!)

we need CBs and another LB(or 2 or 3 according to that article!) and we're set on defense.
-----

add the fact we might get Hawk or Mario...

im drunk..

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Nice

Ahman
Gado
Davenport

-----

Nice to agree with you for a change trom. The running game does look good, I like it :wink:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
tromadz said:
Nice

Ahman
Gado
Davenport

-----

Nice to agree with you for a change trom. The running game does look good, I like it :wink:

It is, thats a killer 3 man combo of death!

I dont argue for the sake of arguing, I call it like I see it, if people agree...fine. But this is a good RB core

carlos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like our group at running back, like the idea of bringing in competition at linebacker, possibly a backer in the draft. I have another wish. Sign Law or Woodson. Brett's gotta be watching.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
California Cheese-says:"I'm not entirely happy with this signing. With this many running backs there it seems like there is something extra in the laundry basket."

Packers always bring in over 80 players into training camp in late July. They all compete for positions on roster. All the Packer running backs will compete. Packer Contracts are not guaranteed. Only the signing bonus has to be paid. I don't see any down side to bring Davenport back. If he isn't a better back that other running back on the roster. He will be released . Since Packer contracts are not guaranteed, Packers will only have to pay the reporting bonus which is guaranteed. Davenport contract figures are not know yet, but I don't think they are real high. He is a back up running back who is coming off an injury.

It has been said by many NFL football people, that a NFL team can always use good running backs as they are prone to injuries. The Packer experience with running backs last year , backed that thory. I think, the Packer went through 7 last year.

Packer fans should have no problem with the signing of Davenport. he has showed to be a capable back up to Green, but he needs to stay healthy. If Davernport doesn't show the Packers he is able to stay healthy , I don't think he will make the Packers '06 regular season roster.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
I'm not entirely happy with this signing. With this many running backs there it seems like there is something extra in the laundry basket.

What's wrong with "extra"? Last year that little extra was used up fast and it was that extra that helped keep the running game afloat. By the way, don't get really unhappy if you see another "extra," a running back, drafted in the middle rounds, thereabouts.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm quite shocked about this signing...

Don't get me wrong, it's okay...But I was fairly sure "the phantom *****-er" would gone...

I mean, isn't that all we ever heard. Football can be strange sometimes.

Everybody's so sure...and then...Here he is.

Okay....RB's are all-set.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
I'm not entirely happy with this signing. With this many running backs there it seems like there is something extra in the laundry basket.

Hey Cali!!! I wonder if i was the only one that caught your "laundry basket" usage???LOLOLOL!!! I guess i'll just "poo poo" that away!!!LOLOL!!! :lol:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey TT is doing a nice job thus far in my opinion. He's resigning the key players and letting the minor ones go..

Maybe this is why Fisher didn't get a new deal..

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Hey TT is doing a nice job thus far in my opinion. He's resigning the key players and letting the minor ones go..

Maybe this is why Fisher didn't get a new deal..

I like this signing, with a new blocking scheme which should benefit the running game, we're beefing up our backfield so we can hopefully pound the ball and eat up the clock to win some games like in years past

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised by this signing. With all of Davenport's injuries, and Rosenhaus as his agent, I thought the Pack would let him go. Plus I think it was him who got Terence Murphy injured last year by muffing a kickoff and causing an opponent to run into him.

If Davenport can stay healthy, it will be good to have him back, but that's a big IF.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I'm surprised by this signing. With all of Davenport's injuries, and Rosenhaus as his agent, I thought the Pack would let him go. Plus I think it was him who got Terence Murphy injured last year by muffing a kickoff and causing an opponent to run into him.

If Davenport can stay healthy, it will be good to have him back, but that's a big IF.

TT just might be setting him (Davenport) up for a trade!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts